Girl, you don't need to Squat 245lbs

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    see here I thought it was tape worms that got rid of my fat- guess I'll need to go get a hair dryer

I bet if you do both, you'll accidentally bulk up. Ain't nobody got time for dat!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    He's right. You don't "need to". Doesn't mean you shouldn't want to :-)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Squat what you want, but he's right, you should be doing cardio as well. At least 15 minutes of cardio per workout. That's what melts the fat off faster.

ummmm no a calorie deficit melts fat off ...

Wrong again, it's a hairdryer that melts off fat.

A hair straightener works faster, but the smell is much worse.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Squat what you want, but he's right, you should be doing cardio as well. At least 15 minutes of cardio per workout. That's what melts the fat off faster.

ummmm no a calorie deficit melts fat off ...

Wrong again, it's a hairdryer that melts off fat.

It's the hairdryer...Are you sure? I thought the only way to melt off fat was to put your self in the dryer with the setting on high heat and spin ...hmm no wonder I am not losing..
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Squats are good for your body. So is cardio. Do both. :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    your friend is an idiot...

This
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    see here I thought it was tape worms that got rid of my fat- guess I'll need to go get a hair dryer

I bet if you do both, you'll accidentally bulk up. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

****. I can't get bulky!! I'll never get a date!! and god- help me if it's ACCIDENTAL!!! whtaever will I do with myself and all those muscles that just pop up over night!!!

<faints>

god it's hard to keep that all so serious while I eat my fat steak for lunch in a calorie surplus.
  • Pringlelingus
    Options
    I squatted 145 today!

Great job! Nothing beats a beautiful woman lifting iron.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your friend needs to join you in the weight room....I love to run but no one better stand in the way of my strength workouts. I :heart: anyone who lifts heavy!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Haha, I got a crack out of this. Thanks for posting.

I, like almost everyone else agree your friend is a complete moron. I constantly have people tell me what I'm doing isn't right, or good or will make me "bulk up". I then laugh, and throw some research in their face and walk the other way.

Do your own research, never rely on what others have to say.

Keep up the hard work.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    23vg494.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Jealous friend is jealous.

Squat all the weights, girl!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

****. I can't get bulky!! I'll never get a date!! and god- help me if it's ACCIDENTAL!!! whtaever will I do with myself and all those muscles that just pop up over night!!!

<faints>

god it's hard to keep that all so serious while I eat my fat steak for lunch in a calorie surplus.

*LOL* I can't wait to get accidentally bulky :wink: Now I want a steak, damnit :)
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A buddy of mine messaged me and told me I shouldnt be doing heavy squats. It wont lean me out, it will only make me stronger. He said I need to focus on cardio cardio cardio and some weights afterwards. Cardio to burn the fat first , then focus on weights. As long as I have been workingout, I should be leaner.
    Today was squat day and I only did 185lbs. 245lbs is my max.
    Of course I want to lose weight and lean out, but I love being strong and I love squats :ohwell:
    I know he is only trying to be helpful, but i love the weight room too much.

I hope it wasn't one of those two inch curtsies people try to pass off as squats. I call them the squat rack shuffle.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Good job chica, that is an awesome squat!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Dumb friend is dumb!

Squats have always been the single best exercise a person can do.....

I remember quite a few articles in "Muscle and Fitness" years and years ago that were titled "Do Squats to build arms"...they showed in those articles how the engagement of all the different muscle groups that get involved in squats created a much higher overall mass building effect for bodybuilders.

Squat it girl...don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise...just ensure you don't slack on form!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

No
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    He sounds jelly; perhaps you squat more than he does?

This, HA!!

And I'm jealous; my max squats (for reps) is 205. :blushing:

This, and I'm also jelly. I'll get there eventually...
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    He's just afraid you'll switch places and squat his curl rack:laugh:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    damn girl 245lbs?! that is awesome. i keep getting mixed things too. I need to up my weights!