support for Binge Eating Disorder

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Day 6 no binging!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Man did I every what to today but I fought and won!

Great job!!! So proud of you!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great Job Mrs.B. Keep up the great work. What are you doing to stay away from the binging? Whatever you're doing, keep it up. I'm so happy for you.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Trying to keep very busy cleaning going for walks! Eating more protein so I'm full longer. Making sure I do not miss a meal or snack I do them at the same time everyday. Drinking alot of water and crystal light. Chewing gum and sugar free mints. And when I get a really bad craving I have a small diet pop instead. It is getting alot easier as the days are going by!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I've learned that having fat free reddi whip in the house is a BAD idea. Way too dangerous.
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Yup! I'm the same way no extras or I eat them! Learn and move on you can do it!
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Day number 7 no binging! One Week! Now on to week 2! I'm so proud of myself!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Day number 7 no binging! One Week! Now on to week 2! I'm so proud of myself!

We are proud of you too! One week is a wonderful start to a great pattern. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I kind of feel like I binged with the whip cream last night. There was a little bit left in the can and after a few squirts in my mouth, it felt like there wasn't very much left in the can so I kept squirting to see if I could just finish it up so I could throw away the empty container. That right there is a big mistake. I should have put it right back in the fridge and saved those last few squirts for another day because a few more and a few were left in the can and I ended up finishing off the rest of it. It sure didn't help that I had already had some no sugar added ice cream and a square of chocolate, but those 2 were at least more thought out than this stupid reddi whip thing. Live and learn.
  • Tbfree
    Tbfree Posts: 47
    Options
    Great job Mrs. B!! That is quite an accomplishment.

Diane - hang in there! You had a moment where you felt a bit out of control, but it was brief. Sounds like overall you have been doing very well.

Today is day 9 for me and I have not binged. I had a very close call on day 7. Of course The Binge tried to sabotage my goal of 7 days! But I did not let it, it was very very very hard, but I did stop. My goal now is 14 days. They say it takes 14 days to break a habit so I am hoping that after 14 days it will be much easier - the urges will be softer.

We can do this. We can be in tune with ourselves and ignore The Binge!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    9 days for TBfree! Yay!
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    8 days for me! Let do this other week! Yay!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Day number 9 no binging hope everyone else days are going good!
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group. Glad to read this here.. thanks to all who are brave enough to put this out there. I have been wrestling with this disorder for somewhere around 20 years, starting around age 14 or 15. It's far less "glamorous" than the other eating disorders, so it doesn't seem to receive a lot of attention or be identified as a true disorder for folks. Any disordered eating is hard to deal with.. sending positive thoughts to us all.

Marci
  • sage30906
    sage30906 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is BED ?
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BED = Binge Eating Disorder. If you google it, you will get lots of info.
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Welcome Marci!

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss and with the binge eating it takes me alot to stop my self sometimes. Keep yourself busy and before you eat stop and really think do I need that or is it something else that I want.

Good luck!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    What is BED ?

Binge Eating Disorder

Welcome Marci!
  • JayMiss
    JayMiss Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I'm so happy I came across this message board. I'm 27 years old and I've been a binge eater for as long as I can remember. I started when I was young. I would sneak and hide food in to my bedroom. My thing is sweets. I can polish off 3000 calories in 5 minutes I'm sure of it. I joined Weight Watchers 8 weeks ago and wow has it ever helped me control my eating. Now that I have to be accountable for what I eat I'm so much more aware and cautious. I have even found myself taking something out of the cupboard and putting it back because I know it's not worth it.
    Unfortunately I also have days where I don't bother tracking because I ate everything in sight. I find if I give in to a craving, it throws me off track and I eat like crap the rest of the day (or longer). I always feel guilty and keep eating to mask that feeling...only to start a vicious cycle that makes me feel disgusting and sometimes physically ill. I'm bad for thinking..."Oh I ate crappy food today, might as well eat whatever I want today and start over tomorrow...or Monday...or the first of the month...". And it never works. I probably eat more than I normally would so I can get in all the food I will be depriving myself of. I think that's why I love WW so much now. I can still eat treats and I don't deprive myself but I really have to watch myself and watch my portions. I'm learning to say "no" or "no more".
    Thank you so much to everyone here who have opened up and shared your experiences This is probably the first time I'm actually open about it. An Overeaters Anonymous group started in my area and I'm debating on attending a meeting.
    You guys are amazing and I'm looking forward to learning more about you all :)
    Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Welcome JayMiss! So glad you found us!
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Hey!

Great food day! No binging day 10!!!!!!!!!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is so, so great!!! Keep up the excellent work!!