easy Quinoa recipes (minimal ingredients)

Options

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I made a cup of dry quinoa cooked in 2 cups broth/water, when it was finished 15 minutes later, I added a skimpy 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. It was simple, but changed the taste slightly enough to make it seem different than just plain.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love a pilaf made with onions and chopped carrots sauteed in a bit of olive oil, then add quinoa and chicken broth (to make how much you want) then add chopped walnuts when it it cooked. A great lunch. I have it as a recipe and it comes to about 300 calories for a decent sized serving.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Love quinoa! I make cold salads all the time, no recipe just throw it together. Here are some of my favs:

- tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella, balsamic, basil (optional) salt & pepper to taste
    - apples, sweet balsamic (or regular), dried cranberries, almonds

Let them set for about 30mins - 1 hr
  • Dicktracy64
    Options
    I have a Vegetarian Quinoa Chili Recipe but unfortunately it has quite a few ingredients. Id be happy to share that one with you.
  • mccroskey
    mccroskey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump for later... recipes are always good to have on hand! Thanks for asking such a great question :happy:
  • citydwellers72
    Options
    Thanks the recipes sound really good!
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I eat Quinoa for breakfast every day! I make a bunch in the rice cooker at the beginning of the week. Every day I scoop out a little bit, add a splash of almond milk and nuke for 20 seconds. Then I add a packed of truvia and some cinnamon! Yum!! Perfect way to start off the day!
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I made a recipe I got from Skinnytaste.com: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
    Made with quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, olive oil, lemon (I used red wine vinegar), salt, pepper, feta cheese (I omitted that). DELISH!
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Quinoa - Quinoa Cooked, 2 cup cooked
    Cheese - Feta, 0.25 cup, crumbled
    Fresh Express - Baby Spinach, 1 cups
    Whole Foods Market - Dried Select Whole Cranberries, 1/4 cup
    Almonds - Whole Natural , 0.25 cup
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped (yellow or red)
    Berrio - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp (15ml)

Great side dish hot or cold & you can tweak it to whatever you like
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love quinoa!!!!

Lately I've been adding homemade pico de gallo to quinoa with half an avocado. The whole thing is around 4-500 calories and makes an amazing meal.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What is the best tasting brand of quinoa?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/969598-please-share-your-favourite-quinoa-recipes

Another thread about this from April. Search function for the win! ♥
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've had this for breakfast - boil with part water, part orange juice , and some raisins. Done !
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have been making a chicken veggie pilaf here lately that is super yummy

1/2 cup of dry quinoa
    1 cup of reduced sodium reduced fat chicken stock
    1 cup of frozen mixed veggies (the 1 I use has green beans, carrots, corn, and peas in it)
    chicken breast

Add the quinoa, chicken stock, and frozen veggies in a saucepan. I also add galic and pepper to this. Bring to boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes or unitl quinoa is cooked. Add chicken breast if you like to make a more rounded meal or just eat just the pilaf. Super easy and very filling. I am actually having it for lunch today but with no chicken just the pilaf.

MMmmmmmm, Sounds yummy
  • noelzmom
    noelzmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy. i think i will try it.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    OK you may want your quinoa a bit al dente like pasta. And so you should not mix it up with other stuff and cook longer than you should. It would become mush. Al dente is a lot tastier. So eat quinoa with your main dish such as chicken etc.

Basically for one serving, use 1/4 cup quinoa with 3/4 cup broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover for 15 minutes, cut the heat and let sit for another 5. You get yourself the most delicious quinoa.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
    Great inquiry. I've been looking for ideas.
  • athoennes90
    Options
    I make mine as a soup with 4 cups of chicken stock, 1/2 cup of quinoa (or more if you prefer it less soupy), one can of original rotel, sliced turkey sausage, chopped kale and then add some extra chipotle pepper seasoning...it's a new favorite!!