Is this a good meal after strength training?

Options
standoug888
standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
Is this a good meal after running a mile and doing 45 mins to an hour strength training back n legs?

6.5 ounces ny steak
1 cup of brown rice
2 cups of brocolii

Replies

• standoug888
    Options
    It was trimmed of fat and i cut off the bone too
  • JakeHoyes
    JakeHoyes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    replace the steak with boneless/skinless chicken breast
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    Beef sits in your colon for an extended period of time, I would suggest switching it out with Chicken. As for the entire meal goes.

Good Carbs
    Good Protein
    ZMAs for muscle growth (from dat broccoli)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I LOVE red meat so I say YES!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros and calories for the day - yes, but you can also eat it before - you don't have to get too caught up with when you eat - base it on preference, adherence and gym performance first.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros and calories for the day - yes, but you can also eat it before - you don't have to get too caught up with when you eat - base it on preference, adherence and gym performance first.

^this
  • standoug888
    Options
    Beef sits in your colon for an extended period of time, I would suggest switching it out with Chicken. As for the entire meal goes.

Good Carbs
    Good Protein
    ZMAs for muscle growth (from dat broccoli)
    Yah i know i dont eat beef often only like onve a month rest of the time is either bonless skinless chicken breast or salmon
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Listen to Sara!!!