How much do you all workout in a day?

Options
I'm curious how much you all are working out in a day average. I'm a newbie and I'm curious to see how you all are losing your weight by your daily exercise. :)

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining but I workout between 30-45 minutes a day depending on what I'm doing.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    In a perfect week I swim 6 times for 30 minutes a time (1500m); Run 3x (two 10k runs and one 15k); do a couple of sessions of Jillian.

Lately weeks have rarely been perfect (that pesky life gets in the way) but I'd still generally average around an hour of exercise a day 6 days a week.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I train to gain not really lose.. But I do between 40 minutes to an hour :)

for weight loss I'd do HIIT for about 20-30 minutes
  • echippendale
    Options
    i do at least 40mins a day ,but can be as much as 2hrs. I do variations of things.

im currently doing wii zumba and just dance, i do light strength training, cardio at least 4 times a week, even if its just for a walk.

Ive also got a very hyper and curious two year old who keeps me on the move lol. i do at least 10mins of core exercises daily as i have a loose pelvis and need to make it stronger. Ive lost 25lb since beging of jan. x feel free to add me if you like :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    80mins pure cardio
    60 mins minimum strength
    the rest of my waking hours walking, I never sit down & I get about 5-6 hours sleep if I am lucky.

I guess I should add that I don't have days off & I have done this for 18 months so far.... works for me.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1 hour cardio + 1 hour strengthening exercises, mostly with kettlebells, most days. Which might be a bit much, but it's working for me.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't have any set schedule for working out. I do certain things every day; hauling hay, gardening, feeding and watering the horses, general farm work. I do cardio on my elliptical machine most days, depending on whether or not I've run up enough exercise from said general farm work, and I do some strength training several days a week according to personal convenience. I don't go to a gym, never have.
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It changes from day to day, but my normal week routine looks like this:
    - Monday - rest day, gentle walk with my dog
    - Tuesday - run, usually 5-10k
    - Wednesday - 1 hour circuit/HIIT/strength training based class in the morning, then in the evening either 45mins Zumba and 45mins weight training or a 90-120 minute bike ride
    - Thursday - run, usually 5-10k and 45mins of Body Combat, occasionally 45mins HIIT class
    - Friday - rest/run dependent on how tired I feel
    - Saturday - one hour Zumba, one hour weight training, occasionally run
    - Sunday - in the morning either a 2 hour run or a 4 hour bike ride, in the evening 1 hour of weight training and 1 hour Body Combat
    Repeat :happy: I try to walk my dog everyday as well, when I can fit it in!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Some days it can be a few hours of cycling, others just an hour of zumba, or an hour of zumba with an hour of zumba toning, or half an hour of some light strength training.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    45 mins to an hour combining both cardio and weight strength training.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    45-50 minutes or 500 calories (yes, I know that's a lame way to measure exercise) of cardio. 20-30 minutes of strength training. Six days a week.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    All day, every day. My body is a machine man!! Nah, honestly, about an hour of lifting and 30 mins of cardio 5/6 days a week at the moment.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    probably a couple of hours on the bike on a "3-on 1 off" routine, but with a considerably longer ride on a Sunday (somewhere between 4 and 6 hours generally)

Have to say, there's NO WAY you'd get me doing that kind of time in any other form of exercise though - my knees wouldn't stand the impact of running etc. and the thought of being stuck in a gym sweating with other people just makes me want to go sit at home and eat chocolate until my blood group turns to Nutella.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I do 45min minimum and try not to do more than 2 hours. I'm kind of addicted to exercise but since I do p90x and insanity I don't want to put too much stress on my body. And I workout 5 days per week at least--most of the time I can get one workout in on the weekend.
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33
    Options
    Around 2-3 hours when I lift weights... run for about an hour once in a while.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 6 times a week, 3 days on the trot with a days rest after. Every day I train a different group of muscles, which usually lasts about an hour, I then do 15 minutes of HIIT cardio after.
  • abaka123
    abaka123 Posts: 48
    Options
    5 days/wk
    60-70 min strength training. 20-40 mins cardio ( either run + walk, or just walk for 40 mins).
    I walk my dogs 1.6 miles a day, run with my Rotti a lot after the walks but mainly to tire her out :laugh:

I try to burn 300/day with activities. On my weight lifting days I burn close to 700cals. I have been at a plateau not from being in active but because of my portion controls :blushing:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I lift for around an hour three times per week. I swing my kettlebells for about half an hour twice weekly. I also walk about an hour each day, and spend 10-15 minutes warming up before every workout with body weight exercises or light barbell or kettlebell complexes.

ETA: I wanted to add that I don't workout for "calorie burn" or to lose fat. I use my diet to lose fat. I work out to get stronger and have fun.
  • sixfootaliw
    sixfootaliw Posts: 62
    Options
    I just aim to fit in some sort of exercise when I can. With a hectic life it is not always easy.

I swim before work 3 or 4 times a week for half an hour each time. When I get a lunch break, I walk 2 1/2 miles before I have my soup. And I go to pilates once a week.

Weekends I go walking if I can (and if the weather is kind). Normally this will be for around 6 to 12 miles, depending on the route.

For me it is just about becoming an active person, and changing my lifestyle, not about hitting targets for calories or minutes.

At the end of the day, it is just what works for you. There is no right or wrong
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    im doing about 2-3hrs of cardio a week..- its not so much how long, but how much you push yourself in the time you have available.

I could spend 8 hrs a week in the gym but if im only walking on the treadmill that might only be worth 1hr on the cross trainer with your heart rate up to 70bpm!