I Want to Quit MFP....

Options
2»

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not a plateau, typically. Could just be a normal progression/adjustment time for your body...

But it depends on how much you are eating and exercising. Care to share your numbers?

Agreed. Not a plateau.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is not a plateau, typically. Could just be a normal progression/adjustment time for your body...

But it depends on how much you are eating and exercising. Care to share your numbers?

Agreed. Not a plateau.

I have to agree, the first month I lost only four pounds and everyone says you lose the most when you first begin, well not me, not this time. My fat seemed to stick to my body like glue. The second month I lost 10 lbs, and the last 3 months I lost 25. What have I learned? I am getting better at losing weight, but I still have weeks that go by that the scale doesn't move.

First stop looking at this like the only success is dropping weight. Set some other goals since you are working out. For me I focus on my strength and endurance goals which directly helps my fat lose. Going harder, faster and further on the spinner, adding another 10 lbs to my set, adding another rep, increasing muscle (very important some weeks you won't lose because your body is adding lean tissue, this is a GOOD thing).

Be good to yourself. When you meet a goal reward with something fun. I buy five pairs of panties at Victoria Secret every five lbs down. I went through my closet and tossed clothes (kept my fat jeans for a picture some day). Made new friends at gym and had tea with them. Taking time to smile at the cute guy at the gym who just checked out my *kitten*...yeah in the past I would have went looking for my gun...lol

Mix things up in those macro nutrients and see if that blasts your stall. Try eating more protein and fat and less carbs.
    I hate turkey bacon, why eat that #*@#$$%?!! I love yolks. Heck I love fat. Reduce sugar, wheat, and bad fat, and stay in your MFP goals but still plan on eating 200-300 calories the way YOU want...

Feeling the blues is normal in a stall, but push past it and move on...you are so worth it!
  • _journeyofavirgo
    _journeyofavirgo Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Agreed. Not a plateau.

I have to agree, the first month I lost only four pounds and everyone says you lose the most when you first begin, well not me, not this time. My fat seemed to stick to my body like glue. The second month I lost 10 lbs, and the last 3 months I lost 25. What have I learned? I am getting better at losing weight, but I still have weeks that go by that the scale doesn't move.

First stop looking at this like the only success is dropping weight. Set some other goals since you are working out. For me I focus on my strength and endurance goals which directly helps my fat lose. Going harder, faster and further on the spinner, adding another 10 lbs to my set, adding another rep, increasing muscle (very important some weeks you won't lose because your body is adding lean tissue, this is a GOOD thing).

Be good to yourself. When you meet a goal reward with something fun. I buy five pairs of panties at Victoria Secret every five lbs down. I went through my closet and tossed clothes (kept my fat jeans for a picture some day). Made new friends at gym and had tea with them. Taking time to smile at the cute guy at the gym who just checked out my *kitten*...yeah in the past I would have went looking for my gun...lol

Mix things up in those macro nutrients and see if that blasts your stall. Try eating more protein and fat and less carbs.
    I hate turkey bacon, why eat that #*@#$$%?!! I love yolks. Heck I love fat. Reduce sugar, wheat, and bad fat, and stay in your MFP goals but still plan on eating 200-300 calories the way YOU want...

Feeling the blues is normal in a stall, but push past it and move on...you are so worth it!

My dairy is public. I encourage you to critique it, thanks!