Mother's Day, 133 pounds difference

Options

Replies

• lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in awe. I enjoyed reading your post and I am grateful that you posted. You will FOREVER be an encourager to many.

Thank you and God bless you*
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thats a great way to put it in perspecitve! I'll be thinking about my little one's future all day now!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look FANTASTIC!!!! You gave your son back his mom! Congrats!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    sometimes yiddish expresses things best.....and when I read your stuff....I think shayna madel.....it means precious pretty girl:)
    You're an absolute gem. It's a pleasure and a relief to have someone real out there say it as it is....the first post of yours I ever saw was squats, squats, and for good measure, try some squats....hahaha:) you my dear are a shayna madel :happy:
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep it up
  • tlvasa
    tlvasa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You may not get the daily "wows" but now are an inspiration to others. Many of us are still working on it. I am very close to my goal and need to decide if I want to "settle" there or keep going. There is definitely highs to losing along with frustrations. Its all part of the process. I do know I worry about "maintenance" mode because I have lost it before and gained it back. I don't want that to happen this time.

So your post is timely and important because we want to continue to be successful once we have completed our loss.

Congrats. You look great!!
  • goldnfoxy
    goldnfoxy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, please accept my written response of “WOW, you look freaking awesome!!!” Pretend that I knew you when you were “HUGE.” & I am sending you words of encouragement to Stick with it! Then…go buy a pair of new earrings or something cute for your hair, just because…
    What a blessing you are to all reading your story, thank you for sharing….that’s all I stopped by to say…:flowerforyou:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Same smile, same happy person within, but so healthy! Great job, and please enjoy a lifetime with your son.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Well I have to give a 'Wow! You look Great!!' because it is true. Obviously you got addicted to the goal obtaining - maybe set new goals. A biking trip - a marathon - triathlon. JAS
    :flowerforyou: You really do look Wonderful!! Stay healthy and keep on keeping on!!! :drinker:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great story :)
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :smile: Well done! You should place a before and after picture on the fridge as a reminder as to how far you have come. And that you will not be going back there again.
  • jessicamruth
    Options
    Great job on your loss. But how did you do when you first started losing the weight, not now. Like make people don't start with strength training and lifting weights. They build up to that. What were you eating and how were you working out in the first few months?
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    awesome! good for you!!! so inspired!
  • ChristinMielke
    ChristinMielke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love how you've captured the shift in emotions. And, OMG, are you wearing WHITE pants in this year's mother's day pic? White pants that look flattering (or any light colored pants) is another 'milestone' of getting fit. You look strong and lean. Thanks again for sharing your perspective. How do we get you in Shape magazine to share your success story? I like reading your stuff more than the other weight loss diaries they publish.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love your story and a lot of what you wrote really hit home with me.

I want to be that kind of mom, too!

Congrats on all you have achieved! You look amazing!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! I can imagine that it probably wasn't easy for you. Keep up the good work of teaching your son on how to eat well and to keep active!
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    you and your little boy are beautiful! kudos to you on your amazing weight loss!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Great job on your loss. But how did you do when you first started losing the weight, not now. Like make people don't start with strength training and lifting weights. They build up to that. What were you eating and how were you working out in the first few months?

I lifted weights starting week 1!

The only difference between how I exercise then versus now is that I did more cardio at the beginning (I aimed for 60 minutes twice a week then, now I'm cool with 30-40). In the weight room I started with a lot of bodyweight work and lighter weights, but always free weights and barbells - I literally haven't used a weight machine other than a cablecross or pulley machine in years. Now I lift heavier plates, my form is strong, I can do serious compound lifts and plyos. I couldn't do HIIT and I couldn't run then, but I could elliptical :) I was too self-conscious to go group ex classes then; now I get asked if I'm an instructor! So, while my workouts look different now, the fundamentals are the same. My 300 pound self barged into the free weights area (don't call it the men's weight room!) and never left. I made it my home and did the work to transform my body. It wasn't something I saved for when I had lost fat because it was a big part of losing fat - and maintaining my lean body mass.

But that was me. For you, your first steps might be taking the stairs instead of the elevator, going on a walk every morning, adding little activity whenever you can. That is totally great. Any movement is better than none, and if you're not ready to do what I did or simply don't want to? No problem. It's not required. It might change the path of your weight loss, but who says my path is best? Health takes many forms and you can arrive at it from infinite paths.

As for eating? I eat more now, because I don't build in a deficit anymore really. I calculate my calories on a weekly basis instead of daily (slight deficit weekdays, overage weekends). I still eat the same, just a bit more. There are a lot of little changes I implemented at the beginning though, habits that stay with me now. I use my kitchen scale to measure virtually everything. I use it every single day. You'd be amazed at the difference between a weighed serving of peanut butter and one measured with a measuring spoon. I cut out a lot of refined carbs and crap. I don't consider a bagel a healthy breakfast or a bag of pretzels a good snack anymore. Treats became what they're meant to be: occasional indulgences. I eat crappy food every day, but it's a smaller portion of my diet. I eat more vegetables. I stopped buying baguette and eating it with 3-4 meals a week. We cook basically everything ourselves (though we've always done that). I'm obsessed with awesome food and I work it into my calorie allowances. I still make the same recipes I made before, but now I eat a more reasonable portion along with a huge salad dressed with olive oil and balsamic. Or sometimes ranch, because I love ranch (the real stuff!).

But honestly, the great thing about how I lost weight is that I didn't go on a diet or make any temporary changes. I still do what I did then. I didn't have to go "off a diet" or learn to eat real food anymore, because I was never on a diet in the first place. I changed how I ate and became a beast in the gym. I never intended those changes to be short-term.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This truelly is impressive! What an outstanding job you have done. Your smiles beams a million bucks! WTG x 100
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!