lazy people

Options
2»

Replies

• UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    :( I just stopped asking people. My little guy makes the best walking partner. ;) At least you are motivated enough to keep working out. If you don't have an MP3 player invest in one and make that your work out buddy. Once you're in the best shape of your life your friends can wonder why you look so damn good while they're still couch potatoes.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    They have to want to do it, not just give lip service .Until then, they'll talk about it, but when push comes to shove, they don't have the motivation. Nothing you can do to change that.
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    I just get bored at the gym sometimes. I have an Ipod that pounds into my ears when I am not in a class of some kind and it keeps me pushing harder to the beat, but it is lonely. My friends are all thin as can be for the most part, they don't really 'get it' I suppose.

Overall, I am just annoyed today. I am tired of the excuses. I have bad ankles that effect my feet, makes them stiff when I am working out and I have to stop every now and then to stretch them out to stop the pain for a little while. But this hasn't stopped me. People have to want to make the change, I can't make them, I know this. But at leas be honest with yourself and with me, no skin off my *kitten* if you don't REALLY want to come with me, just say that the first time instead of having me ask 3 or 4 times and finally giving up!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Gyms? Walks? Activity? Pfft. Most people are too damn lazy to even walk their shopping carts to the cart return.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Don't try to get them to go with you. This will be a whole lot more of a lonely "journey" if you try and find others to come with you. You will be nothing but disappointed.

i quickly gave up on my obese, creaky mother because she would never go for a walk with me. that was back when i started out, and *walking* was what i was doing. i used to invite her to come walking with me all the time. i love her dearly and i still want her to be healthy--and of everyone i know she is by far the one who needs it the most--she made it abundantly clear to me that she was not interested in doing that. and now i don't do that anymore--i run or longboard instead--and there is no way in hades she can keep up with me. o sry charlie: u missed the boat, and it's not turning around. :cry: at least i tried...

it broke my heart but i'm now over it. if you refuse to walk, i can't relate to you, blood or no.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Gyms? Walks? Activity? Pfft. Most people are too damn lazy to even walk their shopping carts to the cart return.

those are probably the same people who queue for 10 mins in the car park to get closest to the store doors, rather then drive straight in and park at the back lol
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym/zumba/whatever by yourself.

Or find new friends.
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    Go to the gym/zumba/whatever by yourself.

Or find new friends.

finding new friends sounds simple, but it's not. As adults, we tend to stick to who and what we know for the most part. But it's not about new friends vs. the old. It's about wanting a change and doing it. Not complaining that it hasnt happened yet.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL at the image of a bunch of role playing nerds at the gym!!! Excuse me me level 17 elf was getting ready to cast a spell of stamina on me...no you cant use the treadmill. :glasses:
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

YES! Big pet peeve of mine. I came out and one was against my car.
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've had this too a friend wanted to go swimming, i took my swimgear to work so i could go straight after they cancelled, another time they wanted to join me for a run, they cancelled, after that i said i'm doing this on that day at this time you wanna join me your welcome. They never did :laugh:

i love listening to music while i exercise anyway so i'm happy either way
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A friend comes to Aqua Zumba with me. I started going by myself, but then she mentioned that it sounded fun - so I suggested we meet there. So far, she hasn't missed a single one. But there's no compulsion to it, and if she decides not to, it's not going to affect my exercising in the slightest. Although thinking about it, if she wasn't there, I'd spend an hour or two in the pool afterwards, as she can't swim.

So yeah, I'm compromising a bit in favour of having a friend there; but if she didn't turn up, I'd still be there regardless.

Just make the offer, if they're interested, they will contact you. If not, then they aren't ready for it yet. No point getting annoyed about it, at least they're thinking about exercise - at some point, maybe they will make that step.
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i'm so lazy i just can't make myself exercise and usually overeat on junk food