150 to go, seems impossible

Options
1235»

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Don't even have to think about it. It's possible 100%. Inevitable, even.

Don't look at it as dieting. Fix what's wrong with your current diet. Eventually you'll lose the extra weight.
  • Fitness4Kathy
    Fitness4Kathy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time, reward yourself for your progress (except don't use food for that), and forgive yourself if you experience behavioral drift and get back on track. You're off to a great start just by using MyFitnessPal.com and reaching out to others who have strategies for success to share.
  • ladycham
    ladycham Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I still have 100 to lose to be at what the charts say I should be at... although honestly, I weighed over that in my early 20s and looked like skin and bone, so at this point I'll just be happy to be in ONEderland at all.
    It's a long journey... could use some more encouragement and friends along the way... add me. :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It IS possible....
  • Lynski46157
    Lynski46157 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Take it in small increments. 150 pounds is overwhelming for anyone. Try it 10pounds at a time. Reward yourself with clothes and jewelry! It is absolutely doable!
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know it seems impossible. It is 100% possible.

I know from experience. I've lost 153 lbs, all by myself. No surgery, no personal trainer, no dietician.

It literally started from walking around a block, to walking on a treadmill, then running. Now I'm onto other things. It really is just one step at a time.

You can do this!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you have 10 lbs to go until you are a little healthier. You have another 10 lbs to go until you are little healthier than that.

Even if you don't change weight at all, making healthier choices and getting more exercise will give you a longer, fuller life.

I have lost almost 100 lbs once in my life, went back up 50 over a bunch of years, and I'm back down 35 of that, so it can be done, just remember why you are doing it!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    <
    SUCCESS!!! And I did not have surgery, I did not take pills, I did not sprinkle the stuff on my food, I did not drink the weight loss drinks! No special foods! I stuck to my plan to eat less and move more! I will continue this path as long as it works for me.
    I have several pounds to go before I am at goal, but I have come so for. And I have not deprived myself! If I can't work a food into my plan, then I work it off!

Now that said, I am not knocking any of those options. You have to choose what is best for you. And not all things work for all people. I admire everyone that chooses to become healthier and fitter..... We just all do it in different ways!

But, in answer to your question......

YES, you can do it!

Wishing you continued success in your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose as well and I am so inspired reading all the success stories on here, so I know it can be done! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some extra support of someone going through this at the same time :)
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    I lost over 150 before and put it all back on except about 28 pounds of it.. This time I'm taking the 150 back off plus 73 more... AND KEEPING IT OFF! It's possible. You can do it.
  • jmlf4
    jmlf4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me...you can read about me...our lives are quite similar ...at this point i need at least 50lb to go..but i have been where i needed to lose 150 in the past. Been on the heavy side of things most of my life and tired of it and ready to change. I need the motivation too :)
  • Bigblondelady
    Bigblondelady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting rid of my siames twin as we speek. I have to believe it is possible. and I'm on my way. there are good folks on here to help' wish you much success. BB.