Plateau tips pleeeeeeease?!!

Options
No weight loss in 5 weeks, tried everything I can remember but nothing!! I'm getting desperate/going insane!

Any tips or advise would be amazing!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My bet is you are on 1200 calories or less. There is your problem.
  • aliciaconcha90
    Options
    Are you doing the same exercise?
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    need a lil more details to understand.

do u track EVERYTHING? (and accurately?) cal intake? macro distribution?

exercise- what are u doing, and to what intensity?
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. It usually gives people a better indication as to what you are doing daily.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    take your measurement

record and measure all food and drinks

try not to eat the same foods day in and day out, same for exercise change it up

record your excerise and make sure you eat it back

drink water

get enough sleep

"The scale can't measure your will, drive, or dedication. The scale can't recount how many temptations you said no to or how many bad habits you broke. The scale doesn't have any idea how many times you got back on track when you felt like giving up. So every time you get on the scale, measure what's really important, including your drive, behaviour, and effort.

anyone can add me
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I got trapped there once... lava everywhere.

vol33-f6.jpg

my advice, thick soled shoes.
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to people going on about your calories being too low.. I will tell you a tale of 2 folk who plateued off.

One person is my girlfriend brother who went from 19-14 stone and plateued off.
    The other is me and we both used the same tactic to smash our plateues and I am loosing tons of weight again.

Intermittent fasting, try it.. it works.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to people going on about your calories being too low.. I will tell you a tale of 2 folk who plateued off.

The other is me and we both used the same tactic to smash our plateues and I am loosing tons of weight again.

I use it too. Hi.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It would help if we could see your diary and have an idea of what you are eating and how much you are working out before we give any kind of decent recommendations. It would also help with more info concerning your height/weight/age etc. so we can guesstimate how much you might need to be eating. Otherwise, the answers you get MAY help, but also may not since we don't know your situation. :flowerforyou:
  • JakeBrownVB
    Options
    And for sure its the way to break a platue. Calories being too low aint de reason for the platue, its just her body getting used to functioning on those calories is all.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    And for sure its the way to break a platue. Calories being too low aint de reason for the platue, its just her body getting used to functioning on those calories is all.

u dont even know what her calorie intake is- she gave no details.
  • JakeBrownVB
    Options

u dont even know what her calorie intake is- she gave no details.

Im kinda using common sense here, she is obviously dieting (as she did loose weight), she has obviously plateued off, she has obviously adjusted to her diet. I honestly dont think the OP went on a diet on 1400 calories (or watever it was).. lost weight... then increased her calories by 20% etc and then made a post saying "ooh ive plateud off.. herpa derp i wonder why?"
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    i'm probably going to get hate for this, but when i plateau i go on a liquid fast for two days bar one meal that's like a salad without dressing and bread and stuff then slowly return it to whatever i'm usually on. liquid fasts for me include any drink i want, whether that's diet coke or a coffee, hope it helps x
  • JakeBrownVB
    Options
    i'm probably going to get hate for this, but when i plateau i go on a liquid fast for two days bar one meal that's like a salad without dressing and bread and stuff then slowly return it to whatever i'm usually on. liquid fasts for me include any drink i want, whether that's diet coke or a coffee, hope it helps x

HELL NO girl. You getting respect for that.. not hate.. I went on a 48 hour water fast 2 weeks ago and lost 5 pounds.. all those haters saying my metabolism will crash and I will smash the weight back on... it has not only stayed off, ive lost more.

Water fasts are the way to go, anyone says otherwise is one of dem folk who believe in the old starvation mode myth.
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    yeah i think if you slowly return back to normal eating you can keep it off, i have, just like you. And on a liquid fast you are still taking in some calories across the day so your body is less likely to enter starvation mode
  • nikilis
    Options
    yeah i think if you slowly return back to normal eating you can keep it off, i have, just like you. And on a liquid fast you are still taking in some calories across the day so your body is less likely to enter starvation mode

what is starvation mode?
  • nikilis
    Options

I use it too. Hi.

I'm also on the IF wagon, and it seems to be working.
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    when your body isn't getting enough calories your metabolism massively slows down so you don't lose too much weight. it's a primal thing so that when we were cavemen and maybe couldn't hunt for a day or two, we wouldn't all lose so much weight and die. anyway, so in starvation mode once you start eating normally again, your body scrounges for every calorie especially energy dense foods such as carbs and fats (which you will crave if your body goes into starvation mode to get some energy) resulting in an overall weight gain, which is the opposite of what most people try to achieve when going on fasts. does this make sense?
  • nikilis
    Options
    when your body isn't getting enough calories your metabolism massively slows down so you don't lose too much weight. it's a primal thing so that when we were cavemen and maybe couldn't hunt for a day or two, we wouldn't all lose so much weight and die. anyway, so in starvation mode once you start eating normally again, your body scrounges for every calorie especially energy dense foods such as carbs and fats (which you will crave if your body goes into starvation mode to get some energy) resulting in an overall weight gain, which is the opposite of what most people try to achieve when going on fasts. does this make sense?

do peoples bodies go onto starvation mode overnight?
  • elizabethwolf
    Options
    yeah technically because your metabolism slows down because you don't have to satisfy as many bodily processes. metabolism is the rate at which respiration in your cells occur. respiration releases energy so the muscles can contract and relax but you're not moving as much when you're asleep and your breathing and heart rate also slow down so yeah your metabolism slows down, less extreme than going on a fast though because our body is used to sleeping and always expects to sleep whereas it doesn't expect to fast in the day