Addicted to Subway! :-)

Options

Replies

• becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i like my sandich/wrap/salad with the chicken breast, ham, and provolone....then lots of lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. if i am feeling especially naughty, some light mayo added....so yummy and filling...
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of Subway because it was too much bread and not nearly enough meat. But then I discovered the philly double cheese steak. It is awesome. especially on the flatbreads. And also the pizza is good too, with buffalo chicken. Haven't had either of them much in the past 8 months tho. Too many carbs. Now I will get a footlong and dont eat the bread. That way I get double protein and more salad. They charge too much for their official salads. $2 added to the sandwich price?

As sandwich shops go, Schlotzky's is so much better! But I don't even want to know what the calorie counts are there.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    club on italian with provolone,lettuce, pickles, olives oil and vinegar and salt an pepper.. i feel like im ordering a sub right now. i want it!! it's too late to go there now.. know what im having for lunch tomorrow! their breakfast is good too, i get eggwhite english muffin toasted with white american cheese green peppers onions and olives.. also the sweet onion chicken teriyaki is really good.. YUM I WANT TO WORK THERE SO I CAN EAT IT EVERYDAYY!! as you can probably tell ive been obsessed with subway since the 90s and eat there all the time.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love subway club sandwiches with lettuce black olives pickles amd red onion, problem is I won't go there without getting double meat, and unless you're getting a 5$ foot long they're kind of a ripoff. Plus lots of sodium compared to making your own deli meats at home!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes! We will get our kids ready for service... right?
  • amandaleigh89
    amandaleigh89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Subway. I either get a Veggie Delight with all the veggies minus jalapeños, no cheese, and a dash of oil and vinegar or a Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with all the veggies except jalapeños, provolone cheese, and a tiny amount of the teriyaki sauce. Both I get on the 9 Grain Honey Oat bread.

The best day of my life is when the 24 hour Walmart put in a Subway.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You and your 6 year old are awesome! You have a future manly man on your hands mom, you rock!

Great job!

Haha!! Thanks!! He always gripes because I didnt give him enough peppers!! I ate buffalo wings
    Like no ones business when he was in mah bella, so he got a taste for hot stuff early!!!
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    With subway not only do you get to see the staff making the sandwhiches but being able to customize your order down to the last jalapieno is such an innovative idea! It makes it easy to have a healthy lunch too, provided you go easy on the cookies and soda. Other fast food restaurants should take note!
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I very rarely go to Subway, but i love it; and i have decided today, i will pick one up on my way home to keep me going before hitting the gym tonight. 6 inch Chicken Tikka is 302 calories, so it won't be a massive dent in my daily allowance. I love the fact you cans ee it being made, they aren't seceretly covering it in lard behind your back lol, and i can choose which healthy, yummy stuff i want inside. I only stick to the subs though, i tend to stay away from the cookies and naughty things!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Subway is my favorite, too. There's one close to my office so if I don't pack a lunch I go there. Lately, I've been getting a 6" ham on wheat with provolone, lots of spinach, tomatoes, green pepper and cucumber (no dressing). I keep getting coupons for 2 free cookies on my receipt but I give the coupons away right away so I am not tempted!
  • maroonhokiegirl
    maroonhokiegirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I could put the hot pepper relish on anything and eat it... seriously, its my savior. I wish I could buy it from them by the jug!

43493116.png
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like the BMT more than any sandwich, but since starting my new lifestyle, tend to get the chicken breast or sliced turkey to cut down on the fat.

A new Subway is opening up any day that is less than a 5 minute walk from my office. (Better choice for lunch than the burger and taco joints up the road)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the way Subway sandwiches taste BUT I do like that I'm having a calorie-controlled lunch so sometimes I do choose Subway for a light lunch!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Chopped salad with chicken - no dressing. Yummmmmmmm
  • CillitBang
    CillitBang Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SUBWAY TOO!

I'm gutted they've stopped doing their wraps and replaced it with a flatbread thing for calorie counters. The wraps were brilliant.

I've been told on here that Subway, generally speaking, is high in their salt content. Depends what you're getting obviously.

My favourite was ham and turkey wrap with all the salad and ranch sauce. OH MY GOD, droooooooooooool. xx
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I'm gutted they've stopped doing their wraps and replaced it with a flatbread thing for calorie counters. The wraps were brilliant.
    I agree, the flatbread is terrible. I would much prefer a wrap instead of the bun but I can't bring myself to eat the flatbread.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My name is Jo and I am a Subway Addict! (hope I didn't offend anyone) I love subway oven roasted chicken on either the flat bread or the 9 grain wheat toasted, with spincach, tomato, green peppers, onions and a little southwest....I also have to have that little splurge....love that sauce! I just made myself hungry and now I think I will have to get subway for lunch.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i used to love subway but found out the stuff they put into the bread (stuff they put into fertiliser) yuuuck.

Same their bread is terrible and their "9 grain wheat" is more like 1 grain.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Other then the veggies, subway is ALL JUNK. The bread is 280 calories just for a 6 inch and is loaded with cheap starches and fertilizer bi-products. The meats and cheeses are very processed and loaded with sodium. A sub there can easily top 1000 calories if you have dressing meat and cheese on there, even a salad can be pushing it. Why waste $5 on a salad anyway when you can make one at home for much cheaper that is WAY healthier?
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Other then the veggies, subway is ALL JUNK. The bread is 280 calories just for a 6 inch and is loaded with cheap starches and fertilizer bi-products. The meats and cheeses are very processed and loaded with sodium. A sub there can easily top 1000 calories if you have dressing meat and cheese on there, even a salad can be pushing it. Why waste $5 on a salad anyway when you can make one at home for much cheaper that is WAY healthier?

I agree most the subs people are talking about I would fall over and die from the calories. Don't fit much into "healthy" besides the veggies.