Monday Morning weigh-ins anyone???

Options

Replies

• JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I am up 0.8 lbs from last Monday but I had a HORRIBLE bingey weekend.....I'm surprised I'm not up 8.0 lbs instead!! Now to buckle down and remember to at least maintain over next weekend...

I had a binge day yesterday too. Just get back up and try again today! We can do this!!!
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Revlaura: I am a every morning weigher, but this could be bad for the self-esteem and other things. I am trying to not do this (by weighing in on Monday's) Welcome to the group!!!

Sherry: You rock!!!! Keep going, you will reach your goal.

Veepie: Welcome!!! It could be do-able depending on how much weight you have to loose. I started at 154 and have lost about 18lbs in 1 year, but that's me. I don't push the number on the scale as much as I push the way I feel and how healthy I have become. I am much healthier at 136 than I was at 97lbs; let me tell ya!!!! Do it healthy and you'll feel great!!!
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    HI everyone, my name is Sara and i'm new to MFP. I have a 5.5 month old daughter and I've lost most of the baby weight except about 5 lbs. However, I have about 15 extra poiunds to lose on top of that. I'm very frustrated as I've been working out for months now and have lost zero weight :( I'm hoping that counting calories will help. I seem to lose weight all week long, only to gain it back by Monday. I have a horrible habit of weighing my self every day. I just can't help myself. I've been trying to get back into running and it's going ok so far. I got up at 5 this morning and ran about 3.5 miles, but I'm a pretty slow runner right now, about 12 minute miles.

I'm hoping that this board gives me the motivation that I need.

CW 132
    GW 112
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Welcome Sasmll!!! Your story sounds exactly like mine!!! Great job getting up and running! Can I ask how tall you are? I am between 5'1 and 5'2 and 136 with about 15lbs to loose too. It is slow going for me even with training for a half marathon (week 1 LOL). Good luck!!!
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    I'm between 5'1" & 5'2" also :) I don't know why I'm not losing any weight. Everyone told me it would just "fall" offf while I was breatfeeding. Yeah right!!! Then I had some people saying my body was holding on because I was breast feeding. I'm now only feeding her about once a day and other than that she's on formula. I just couldn't keep up with it at work, much to my disappointment.

Post baby I was up to about 4 miles 3 or 4 times a week. I can maintain my weight really well, but losing it is tough for me. Congrats on all of your weight loss, that's fantastic!!

I'm looking forward to having this support.

By the way, my profile says I'm 35, but I'm only 30. I can't figure out how to change it, LOL.

Sara
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 155.8 this morning, back up 1lb, but yesterday I was at a 1-year-old's birthday party on the first day of my TOM, so yeah...I'm not worrying about going up, just grateful it wasn't by more! :laugh:

The Tigger cake was delicious :smile:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 228 this morning so that is a 2 lb loss since last week. I was a bit worried as I was away from my computer all week end and I know my calories could have been a bit high. I tried to make good food choices and keep active although I didn't exercises per say. Looks like I did ok this week and hopefully I can kick it up a notch.
  • Nleudemann
    Nleudemann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new~just joined yesterday. A few of the ladies here at work weigh in every Monday, so I started joining them today. Starting weight (drum roll please) 191. I'm 5'10", but that's still insane. Just to tell you all a little about myself; I'm 27, working mother of two daughters, married to my best friend. I'm looking forward to the support and motivation this group has to offer! And I hope I can eventually do the same for someone else!

Starting weight: 191
    Goal weight: 170

Wish me luck!

~Nicole
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Nicole: Welcome!!! I love the support I get from this site!

Bkrbabe: Congrats on the loss!!!

PixieGoddess: Are you sending me some Tiger cake? Sounds yummy!!!

Sara: I think IMHO that when I am as small as I am and running, my body is toning rather than losing. I know that the smaller a person is the longer it takes to loose. You may try changing things up, say eat something different, do a different work out, ect.

All around I think we ALL did GREAT!!!!

Tonight is a 3 mile run and I am excited!!!!!
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    PixieGoddess: Are you sending me some Tiger cake? Sounds yummy!!!

No, I assume the rest of the cake went home with the 1-year-old and her parents! :)
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Happy Thursday Ladies!

OK, so I couldn't resist weighing in since I was at a big fat NIL on Monday. I lost 2.5 lbs since Monday!!!! I guess running almost every night is starting to work!!! Let's all try for a weekend of NO BINGING and LOTS of exercise! I hope everyone has a loss come Monday.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    So I weighed in at 154.2 this morning! Hooray! I actually managed to lose during my TOM week! Hopefully my Monday weigh-in will bring me to 154 even.....or maybe even into the 153s!! That would be my lowest weight since starting my weight-loss journey 2 years ago! I'M SO EXCITED!!

And my boyfriend's working all weekend, so there's a good chance I won't stuff myself as much. Just have to make it through dinner with him tonight! See y'all on the flip side!
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Good luck this weekend all! No Binging and E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E!!!!!!!!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll be the first. Current weight 201.5 - that's down 1.1 pounds. Total loss so far of 5.5 pounds. Slow, but sure.
  • JessiJean
    Options
    LJC: WTG!!!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. UGGGGG I am up 2.5 lbs since Thursday. I am begininng to think I will never loose this weight. My half marathon training has my rest day Friday and stretch day Sunday, so I should really not be doing too much exercise those days, but I feel I may need to run just to carry over my weight loss. Running 3 miles tonight, so I may be down 3lbs tomorrow or Wed.
  • hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :)

Goal weight 116
    Current weight 127.6
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    I'm down 1 lb :) It's the first week I've been able to maintain my weight loss through the weekend usually I weigh about 133.5 on Mondays and 130, by Saturday AM, then somehow back up to 133.5 by Monday morning. Today was 131, WoooHooo a 1 lb weight loss, I'll take it :) I'm working from home today since I'm not feeling great. Hope everyone else has a good weigh in today :)
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am down 3 lbs to 225 this morning so I am very happy with this past weeks results.
    Hope everyone has a good week.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Was once again up to 155.8 :grumble: To be quite frank (and a little TMI) I might take a laxative after my workout tonight b/c I haven't "gone" in about 3-4 days, so I'm sure that's the majority of that 1.6lb gain.
  • JessiJean
    Options
    Be very careful with the laxitives. They hurt really badly and shouldn't be used very often. I would try eating more fiber. I eat fiber bars often and also take a pill form of fiber supplement. This is much healthier than laxitives.