5'9 ladies!!

Options

Replies

• Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and curently at 143 and my goal weight is 130 to 135. Thats where I look and feel best. I am small boned. I am currently a size 6
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 152 lbs. I'm one of the lucky ones (sarcasm), every pound of fat goes right into my tummy. I was at 145 about a year ago and still my tummy wobbled. I however have developed visible muscle on my legs and arms. I think goal weight depends largely on frame size, and how you place it. Abdominal fat is particularly unhealthy due to all of the organs developing a layer. I have tried to lift heavy and look at myself rather than the scale, allowing my weight to fluctuate both down and up, which was scary at first.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is I hope this thread helps you see average goals for your height, but you shouldn't necessarily base your goal on the experiences of others.
  • Leighmrsdn
    Leighmrsdn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, just joined, in 2004 I lost 120 lbs. by careful eating and weights. I was a size 12 at 185 lbs. and was told I was too thin. I am 5' 9" and broad shoulders. You are making great progress. When my mom died I turned into a couch spud so here I go again.
  • fbledsoe
    fbledsoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently at 167. Small framed Want to be in a size 8 so I'm thinking I will need to get down to 140 to achieve this goal.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I would love to be 150 in an ideal world, but more realistically I am shooting for the low 200s. I have a big frame, i was a swimmer and a softball player, and my shoulders and hips are wide, and my Dr said that was a good goal.

Good Luck!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 159, aiming for 140, maybe 130.
    I agree with the person who said check with another doctor. 220 sounds high for your height, no matter what your build is. I mean it's a great first goal but I wouldn't make it the end goal, I'm sure you could lose more for your health.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in between 5'8" and 5'9" .. Currently 190 lbs, and aiming for 150-155. My first goal is to get to 160 and see if I still need to lose weight from there. My body carries far evenly so I don't really look that much overweight. I suppose I would like to lower my BF % to 15-20%, whatever looks best on me.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and currently at 166lbs, but would love to get to like 158lbs.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 I am currently at 165 my goal weight is 155 though I am more interested in fitting into some of the clothes I have grown out of than the specific #. In an Ideal world I would love to be 145-150 which is where I was at 23 when I finished college. But I think 155 is probably more realistic for me now heading into my 30s. Like I said what I really want is to loose inches so I can fit into the clothes I have out grown this past year.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'9", busty and large framed. My goal is 175-180 (another 40lb. to lose) or a waist measurement of 35" or less; I also want to reduce my BF%. Doc said this is a good weight for me to aim for... any smaller and I would look unhealthy. It all has to do with build.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", broad shouldered, medium frame. Started at 218, currently 167. I am aiming for the 150's. If I were younger I would aim for the 140's. I am 55 and need some fat in my face.
  • sajesnazarella
    Options
    I am 5 foot 10 and am aiming for 145-150. I got married back in 2001 at 135-140, so I know that I can do it!!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 11" and currently weigh 198. I have been 182 at my lightest but I am aiming for 189 at the moment. :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for 155, but I can't seem to shake 180. It loves me, really, but that's ok, I feel better now than I did five months ago.
  • christacb
    christacb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 9" and have a large frame. I am currently 202. I have been as low as the 130's in my early 20's but I really looked too skinny for my big bones. My goal weight 160. I looked and felt my best at that weight.
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    I'm 5'9, fluctuate between 160-163, hoping to get around 150 or 145. I'm usually a size 6.

Don't know what my body fat percentage is, but as of earlier this month, my measurements were 35.5/28.5/38. Being a triathlete and ballet instructor with an athletic body type (i.e. big quads) can make finding skinny jeans a pain.
  • tallulahalice
    tallulahalice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 35 years old and for the last ten years have weighed between 133 and 143. I'm happiest at 133, and when my weight creeps up to the upper levels I start to feel bad enough to modify my habits. I would consider myself slim, but am certainly not skinny or small framed. I have a reasonably athletic frame that responds well to exercise but with boobs and curvy butt, hips, and thighs - all the areas where I tend to hold weight.

Maybe try getting a body fat percentage test? That can also help you set a body fat goal based on your age parameters. Weight isn't really a great indicator as we're all put together so differently. I've known a few petite people who came in surprisingly high on the scales.
  • ms_ak
    ms_ak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" 1/2 and huge boned. My goal right now is just 199, but I would like to eventually get back down to 159. I was about a size 10 then. But, I would be happy with 199.9. :)