How much is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    $26/month for my gym, run by the local parks department. Not the greatest weight lifting equipment but the price is right!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and pay £200 a year and that is any time and as often as i like. Also get free classes and discount on PT sessions.

edit works out about $300 a year
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

PF also bans deadlifts (as a general policy, per the corporation, I know individual PFs have different rules) and don't tend to welcome heavy lifters, so I'm not sure spending the money, small amount that it is, would be worth it for someone who specifically is looking for a gym to lift heavy in.

OP should look into Planet Fitness if trying to save $$, as its usually the cheapest around. I would make sure to ask the club about its specific policies before committing to a membership, however. I go to PF & there are all kinds of deadlifts going on and heavy lifters walking around :) But I've also heard horror stories. Just wanted to say I wouldn't rule it out immediately!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    $4500 once, and then free.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Planet Fatness is $10.00

FTFY

don't go there- you can't lift the heavy things.

29.99/month = 32 with tax

except I don't pay. I work there :D
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I use the local YMCA and that is 50 per month for a household membership.
  • heathmarie143
    heathmarie143 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I go to Galaxy Fitness and its $20/mo for use of all the gym equipment, unlimited group fitness classes, and unlimited tanning... best deal I've found by far! I'm a Zumba girl, so even if I don't go to use the gym equip, being able to hit up approx 20 classes each month for $20 is a steal!!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I spend $37 a month on my membership at LA Fitness. Once I use up my personal training hours I'm going back to 24 Hour Fitness, it's only $29 a month there.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Try the local Y. Ask for a scholarship application as well. You may qualify for up to 40% off your membership.
    Most YMCA facilities will give some sort of discount.to state and county workers if you just happen to work for either of those.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

^Not a real gym! They even say so in their adverts.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

Love it!! Same here
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

Explain a "REAL" gym??

They have weights, treadmills, eliptical, arc trainer, bikes, free weights, ladies locker room, mens locker room, tanning, massage chair just to name a few...So what's not real about that?
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness $32/month
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I also go to Goodlife and pay just under $40/m for access to every gym in Canada plus towel service and usage of pools etc.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness - 39.95/mo + tax
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    £17/$25 a month and it's 24/7
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

PF also bans deadlifts (as a general policy, per the corporation, I know individual PFs have different rules) and don't tend to welcome heavy lifters, so I'm not sure spending the money, small amount that it is, would be worth it for someone who specifically is looking for a gym to lift heavy in.

Good to know about PF! I lost 82 lbs doing almost all cardio prior to getting pregnant again, and as soon as I have this baby (any day now) and am cleared for exercise, I plan to incorporate heavy lifting. I figured I'd join PF, since it's close by and $10/month. Now I will think twice about it!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My 24 hour fitness membership is $19.99/month and it does include clubs with swimming pools. It's a great deal! Costco sometimes has a year or 2 memberships that you can pre-purchase that makes it even more affordable - I want to say the last time I checked, it was $199 or $249 for 2 years.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10.00

Explain a "REAL" gym??

They have weights, treadmills, eliptical, arc trainer, bikes, free weights, ladies locker room, mens locker room, tanning, massage chair just to name a few...So what's not real about that?

They do not allow deadlifting. They also will kick you out for dropping weights, even if unintentional. Some have even limited the free weight area so that what they call "lunks" will not want to attend their facilities.

ETA: http://youtu.be/vQfmpXsLV_4
    http://youtu.be/Rn5mzEAMAkY
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    $21.27 a month. I can pay less, but i dont want another contract.