Chia seeds work!!

Options

Replies

• jamiep926
    jamiep926 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow the benefits of chia seed!!!! Love it even more!!
  • trentwiggly
    trentwiggly Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks to your "toilet clogging" reference, I went out and bought some today.

I mixed a tablespoon in about 8 oz of water and let them gel. Then I mixed in a slender stick for some flavor. I thought I would be grossed out by the gel, but I actually dug it. I also like the crunchy seeds too. All in all a good thing to try. I don't know how this will come out...but if you insist, I'll keep you posted.:blushing:

BTW, I'm shocked at the price on Amazon. I found some at my local store (organic, too mind you) for 6.59/lb. Now I KNOW I got a good deal.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    A happy bowel is a happy gal. Glad they are working for ya!
  • jamiep926
    Options
    Thanks to your "toilet clogging" reference, I went out and bought some today.

I mixed a tablespoon in about 8 oz of water and let them gel. Then I mixed in a slender stick for some flavor. I thought I would be grossed out by the gel, but I actually dug it. I also like the crunchy seeds too. All in all a good thing to try. I don't know how this will come out...but if you insist, I'll keep you posted.:blushing:

BTW, I'm shocked at the price on Amazon. I found some at my local store (organic, too mind you) for 6.59/lb. Now I KNOW I got a good deal.

Please keep me posted!! You will be amazed and relieved!!!
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. Bumping for later so I can remember the egg replacement for baked goods. I have an egg allergy.
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was using the regular chia seeds but didn't like them gelling in my morning juice. So now I use Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia Seed Powder.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    bump
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Nice mixed with some milk/alternative to milk or water with cacao powder, stevia and maybe a little cinnamon and left for a while while the seeds swell up and make a pudding. Kept in fridge is safest of course.

This sounds good - I'm going to have to see if I can find chia seeds around here!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    A fried of mine recommended me chia seeds and I have been taking them every morning! Seriously?? One table spoon of chia seeds have 6 grams of fiber, 6 grams of omega fatty acid, and 5 grams of protein. And it keeps you full!!! Best of all, ever since taking chia seeds, I clogged my toilet every other day!!! I am stoked about chia seeds!!

I just went to look it up via my online grocery delivery website and both brands they carry have only 4g of fiber and 2g of protein. What brand are you using?
  • kathyvstephan
    Options
    bump
  • jamiep926
    Options
    A fried of mine recommended me chia seeds and I have been taking them every morning! Seriously?? One table spoon of chia seeds have 6 grams of fiber, 6 grams of omega fatty acid, and 5 grams of protein. And it keeps you full!!! Best of all, ever since taking chia seeds, I clogged my toilet every other day!!! I am stoked about chia seeds!!

I just went to look it up via my online grocery delivery website and both brands they carry have only 4g of fiber and 2g of protein. What brand are you using?

One from trader joes, and one from GNC!
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the thick gelatinous consistency.

I mix a tablespoon of Chia with a tablespoon of hemp seed and eat it with a spoon -- followed by lots of water.

So I bought some today... and I just took a half tablespoon of seeds and gulped it down, chasing it with water.... So it is ok to do that. I honestly dont feel full even after eating a chicken wrap... so should I let it get gelantinous?
  • jamiep926
    Options
    I don't really like the thick gelatinous consistency.

I mix a tablespoon of Chia with a tablespoon of hemp seed and eat it with a spoon -- followed by lots of water.

So I bought some today... and I just took a half tablespoon of seeds and gulped it down, chasing it with water.... So it is ok to do that. I honestly dont feel full even after eating a chicken wrap... so should I let it get gelantinous?

No... You don't want to do that! You want to soak it in water for at least 5 to 10 minutes. And it's okay to try more half a table spoon. :smile:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am going to try them just so I can poop.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great additive for protein shakes. I use the ground version and put 1-2 tbsp in my protein shake every morning. I haven't tried them in their whole form, but the ground chia works great!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    They're quite calorie dense am I right??
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I mix mine up with greek yogurt, I guess the texture is an acquired taste for people, but I love it.

^^ This! plus frozen berries - mix together and leave in the fridge overnight for a delicious breakfast, can add some vanilla protein powder as well if so desired. Awesome!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • aspmg5
    aspmg5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pound off of Amazon for $12 with free shipping.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle 1 tbsp on top of my cheerios.