How much is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    Mine is $75/year but I have a discount for being a state employee. My membership includes gym, pool, group classes etc. Mine is roughly $6.25 a month :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym in my area (Tempe/Phoenix AZ):

$9.99/mo with $99 start-up fee

or

$15/mo with no start up fee and a 1-year membership. (That's the one I do)

+ $10/mo extra for childcare.

So $25/mo for me. Totally worth it, IMO.

Also get free group classes, tanning, and can bring in a friend for free which is pretty sweet. :)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    HCOA - $15/mo
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness at a nice $10/mo
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    was urban active, LA fitness bought them.. I pay 29.99 a month.. I didn't have a joining fee. Sometimes gyms run specials diff weeks, days, months, etc.. with either none or a low joining fee.. I'd call and explain you can't afford a lot, sometimes they will work with ya!
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    22 dollars a month for me and husband.
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We $70 a month for a family membership at a Salvation Army Community Center. Can you look to make budget cuts anywhere else? Cable, Eatting Out, Entertainment (going to movies, shows, out for ice cream, etc)?
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness $10/mo or $20/mo and bring a guest daily. The 'Bros' bash PF but if you go there to be serious then weights are weights. I use PF and get a lot out of it. I'm not there for the pizza, bagels or Tootsie Rolls. Just the weights and cardio machines.

- OR -

You could take that $10/$20 and buy a pair of dumbbells for your starting weight. Then each paycheck or monthly, buy the next weight size up. That way you slowly build up a home gym set and can avoid the gym cost altogether.

Not like dumbbells can get obsolete...
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    $18 biweekly and is pretax. I work in Health Care and our gym offers a HUGE facility with 3 pools and tons of classes.
  • Scorchy
    Scorchy Posts: 12
    Options
    I go to a very nice local gym with its own private lake. I pay $65/mo. I just pay it all upfront for the year with a check. Seriously love this place. So clean, great atmosphere, everyone is helpful and polite, there's an awesome juice bar, rock climbing wall, and on and on. Totally worth the price for me.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I pay $20 for a local gym membership in Houston, I believe the 24Fitness is about the same cost, and sometimes clubs will run specials to get you in as well.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have 2 memeberships. LA Fitness is $39.95/mo. It is within walking distance of my house. But their weekend hours suck (8-5 Saturday and Sunday). I also belong to Planet Fitness. Right now I'm lifting heavy FOR ME which means PF equipment will suffice. I use the Smith for deadlifts when I do them there (usually do them at LAF using free weights though) and no one has ever reprimanded me. I do like the tanning facilities at PF though. I usually go there once on the weekends, do some cardio and abs then tan.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I get my gym membership for free because it is attached to the hospital where I work and employees get free memberships. Regular memberships are $40/ month. Its not a very big gym mostly cardio machines with dumbbells and some weight machines. Classes are also offered for an additional charge. This is a small town approx. 3-4,000 and the nearest gym in another town is 45-60 min drive so even at $40/month its not bad. Plus luckily for me its only 3 blocks from home.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    $20/month Gold's Gym & worth every penny. :happy:
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    $15 a month.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    FREEEEEEE!

A benefit of working at a NASA visitor's center. :)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness $10/mo or $20/mo and bring a guest daily. The 'Bros' bash PF but if you go there to be serious then weights are weights. I use PF and get a lot out of it. I'm not there for the pizza, bagels or Tootsie Rolls. Just the weights and cardio machines.

Never thought I'd get called a bro. How can I be serious about lifting when I'm not allowed to deadlift or make any noise? I'll be the first to admit, I grunt. Sometimes loudly. There may also be cursing involved if I'm doing a particularly heavy lift. And, no, I don't do it for show. My cats could care less how much I lift. While I do realize I'm a bit negative about PF, it is al based on their advertising and the image they've put out there as being non-inclusive to everyone, regardless of fitness level.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness, 29/month, includes all gyms nationally, pool, racquetball, basketball, and all classes free (spin, zumba, yoga, et al)

^^^Same here LOVE LA Fitness. They even have a daycare where I'm at. The racquetball at my gym is not free however, the unlimited classes and the pool AND the sauna make it very worth it :)
  • emilyahartmann
    emilyahartmann Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I pay $44 per month and that includes all classes, this membership however is the most expensive in my Hoosier town. I went with them because of the wide range of fitness/age levels, is very clean and you just want to be there lol. I bought this membership for myself for Mother's Day...I am self employed so lack in the accountability department, the gym holds me accountable otherwise I may not have spent the money.
  • Rickster93
    Rickster93 Posts: 3
    Options
    I pay $40 a month at 24 hr. (with all the benefits) and do not recommend it, I'm just a slave to it :bigsmile: But i do believe Costco has like a $320 for 2 years coupon that would be a GREAT deal for that gym.