Best way to stop a wedding?

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
Hello All!

I have a friend that is getting married a week from tomorrow! Great news, right? Wrong.

My friend "acts" happy but I don't believe that they are really happy. I think that it would be in everyone's best interest to break up the wedding next weekend...

How should I go about doing this?

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I slept with the groom once. That seemed to do it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Knock the bride up!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    kill-bill-volume-1-20080909003710770-000.jpg
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    ca72a17934ea45cb8f8e963a4e4e926d.gif
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    In for the earnest replies.
  • Brianna72994
    Brianna72994 Posts: 887
    Options
    Just have a long talk with her about it. Tell her you think its a bad idea. If you're good friends, maybe she'll listen to you.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I was recently in a similar situation. I have a sister who's a lovely person. She's a doctor and has a bright future. Her ex fiance on the other hand is a bit of a free loader. As an older brother I considered it my duty to make sure that this wedding didn't happen. I don't know how much time you have before the wedding but you should start planning at least a month or so ahead of time.

First off the planning a wedding is going to be very stressful already so anything that you can do to indirectly add to that stress will assist in them calling off the wedding in frustration. I have a friend that I used to survey they house and convince them a bunch of construction work needed to be done. When they asked me about a construction team I found the most unprofessional I could and recommended it to them. I didn't want the team to be too efficient and ruin my plans.

As the building works were being done I suggested that they should move in with me. Once that happened it was all a matter of getting the boyfriend drunk on a nightly basis, spraying his clothes with perfume, sending texts frrom a burner cell phone I picked up. They split up two weeks before the wedding.

My sister is still a bit heart broken but I think she's coming along great.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Just have a long talk with her about it. Tell her you think its a bad idea. If you're good friends, maybe she'll listen to you.

Sounds like a good idea.
    But I want to make a big scene!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Realize that you are actually in love with her and spend the next days up to the wedding undermining her fiancee and showing her that she is really in love with you too.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    step 1: cut a hole in a box...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Watch "My Best Friend's Wedding". Lots of great pointers in there.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Fill the wedding chapel with popcorn. You can't have a wedding in popcorn. That's science.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    all you can do is have a conversation. voice your concerns, tell them it'd be okay if they don't want to go through with it. and, lastly, and most importantly, tell them you will support them no matter what and this will be the last time you bring it up.

or

get them wasted, take them to a strip club, take pictures and leak them on the internet
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    I was recently in a similar situation. I have a sister who's a lovely person. She's a doctor and has a bright future. Her ex fiance on the other hand is a bit of a free loader. As an older brother I considered it my duty to make sure that this wedding didn't happen. I don't know how much time you have before the wedding but you should start planning at least a month or so ahead of time.

First off the planning a wedding is going to be very stressful already so anything that you can do to indirectly add to that stress will assist in them calling off the wedding in frustration. I have a friend that I used to survey they house and convince them a bunch of construction work needed to be done. When they asked me about a construction team I found the most unprofessional I could and recommended it to them. I didn't want the team to be too efficient and ruin my plans.

As the building works were being done I suggested that they should move in with me. Once that happened it was all a matter of getting the boyfriend drunk on a nightly basis, spraying his clothes with perfume, sending texts frrom a burner cell phone I picked up. They split up two weeks before the wedding.

That's a good idea!

But a week, that's not really enough time to complete all that.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Clearly you need a hitman.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    kidnap one or both of them until after the wedding. Problem solved! bada bing!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    kidnap one or both of them until after the wedding. Problem solved! bada bing!

This can be accomplished at the bachelor or bachelorette party. Are either going to Vegas perhaps? That would be the perfect location to take care of that.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

That's a good idea!

But a week, that's not really enough time to complete all that.

Ok. You just need to move faster. Use a burner cell phone. Send texts in the middle of the night and try to spend alot of time with the groom. If he's away from her alot and she's seeing that he's getting texts in the middle of the night that will arouse suspicion.

Do they have a home phone?

If so call and whenever she answers hang up. I normally wouldn't suggest this but since time is of the essence is there anyone you know with any sort of acting skills? She/he could run up to the two of them and fake an affair.