2»

Replies

• fitnessprincess16
    Options
    what?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    what im saying is that sometimes it super easy but sometimes it gets super hard.

That's life.

hardknocklifeo.gif
  • DeathListFive
    DeathListFive Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ugh, nevermind.

I saw your lovely comment before you edited. I'm not new around here, dear. I just deactivated my old account. :drinker:
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    what im saying is that sometimes it super easy but sometimes it gets super hard.

It really isn't that easy. It took me a month to stop binging. Even during that month I was able to fit some of my sweet cravings in my calorie intake, but it really all boils down to will power. No one's forcing that bag of chips in your mouth.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I can honestly tell you that I could not have lost my weight without a good therapist. For some people will power comes easy. Some of us have to get a bunch of emotional baggage out of the way first. If it's what you want, though, it's always worth the work.
  • Rickster93
    Rickster93 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey!

You're totally off to a good start by getting clothes a smaller size, thats step one for self-motivation.
    Losing weight is a tough start, but you need a lot of self-motivation and self-power in order to get through.

A few tips:
    What I did when i started, was track everything I ate. I didn't miss a thing and when i realized I went over with calories, I would burn those excess calories running or at the gym.
    Now, burning calories is MUCH harder than eating them, you'll soon learn that.
    At times, you realize that burning the calories with a half-hour's worth of cardio is NOT WORTH eating them in a few seconds. This was enough to get me to lay off the junk food.

After you do this, you will see your weight loss gains, and people will start complimenting you. Once you hit that stage, mission accomplished. The confidence boost that people around you will give you by noticing how good you look or the weight lost will totally inspire you to dump the junk food and move forward.

Another tip that many girls my age I see do, is share all the healthy food they eat on instagram or facebook. You feel a sense of pride telling the world you're eating healthy and clean. Not many people will feel proud of showing the world they ate a giant banana split.

Seriously it starts off hard at first, but once you push yourself in the beginning, everything will fall its course, and then before you know it eating clean is your new lifestyle!

HMU if you need any more boosting advice, it really helped me. :wink:

- Ricky
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Actually there's a HUGE grey area.

No. There's not a gray area at all. IIFYM is fine and dandy, however it's still a matter of making healthy choices. Period.

I do not think you understand the concept then. Absolutism is not necessary and can be counter productive.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/excluding-the-middle.html
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    what?

Comment got deleted.