Wine-Lovers, I need recommendations!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Squeeks59
    Squeeks59 Posts: 2
    Options
    Mirassou California Pinot Noir is my new favorite. You can often find it on sale for about $8.00. Their website describes it as...

"Fruit forward and approachable in style, our 2010 Mirassou Pinot Noir has flavors of cherry, strawberry and red currant, which are supported by light vanilla and oak notes. This wine is well balanced with a round, full mouthfeel."

All I know is it is very tasty!
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I LOVE wine but I would be broke if I spent $10/bottle... I usually get the $2.99 bottles from trader joes (not sure of the brand) or Oak Leaf (I think that's the name) from Harris Teeter.... those are $2.89/bottle (and they also do a 10% discount when you get 6 bottles). Basically the cheapest bottle that the store I'm at has... $3.99 at food lion... tastes good to me.... but I'm not a wine snob. Tastes better than "chilled red" or whatever cheapo kind comes in the box.

try 1967 from trader joes (i think it's $5.99) and then try oak leaf - you'll quickly see the difference. if i had to a really really cheap bottle i would buy charles shaw (or 3 buck chuck) from trader joes before oak leaf.

There are many $4.99 (or $5.99 for customers outside California) Trader Joe brand wines that are quite good and a noticeable step up from the 2-buck (or 3-buck) chuck. I have found that quizzing the folks who run the TJ wine department to be very helpful in picking good wines.
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sutter Home is my favorite cheap merlot about 6 bucks a bottle. I also like Coppola Claret which is red blend and great for a house warming gift it has a gold wire netting and is very pretty! :heart: