Females eating over 1800/day

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have my diary set to 1800 but to be honest I still mentally struggle eating that much, as well as find enough nutritional things to eat throughout the day. I am comfortable right now between 1600-1800 but I am thinking of uping my intake to 2000-2200 as its summer and I will be working outside in the heat for my job as well as workouts.

has/is anyone else struggled eating that much mentally and any tips to get over the mental block? I am slowly increasing them right now and it makes it a little easier.

*note I have come a long way from 1000 calorie eater to now 1700, its just a HUGE mental bridge to get over.

What helps me, is the focus on getting as much nutrition into my body as I can, treats aside. Even if I have a bad eating day, I still make sure to get in enough protein, vegetables and fruit, even if it takes me over. I find it easy to hit calories by having avocado, hard boiled eggs, nuts, lean chicken, full fat greek yoghurt, cheese and the odd slice of cake.

I was netting 1000 and below last year, and I was also bordering on underweight. Just resulted in a lot of binging as my body fought to get back what it needed. I also used to be severely anorexic. So I can understand the mental challenges. I still struggle with them some days.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    I'm currently eating 2000 calories, which is TDEE - 15% for me. I have lost 60 pounds eating at a 10% deficit. Now I'm trying to reduce my bodyfat.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    I'm still figuring ou my maintenance calorie number/macros percentages, but I'll be over 2,000 calories. Would love friends with similar goals :)

^This is me exactly! I had my goals set around 1900 for awhile now and was still losing. I recently changed up my workout routine (from completeing 20 weeks of Turbofire-mostly cardio to a mix of boot camp circuit training, running & yoga) and got a fitbit which is showing my TDEE as way higher than I had thought. I'm 5'8" 133lbs and am trying to maintain my goal is currently set at 2010, but I've been trying to eat more based on my fitbit adjustments. I'm having a hard time making nutrional choices once I've eaten a certain amount though and a couple times this week I've finished the day feeling over-stuffed because I kind of forced myself to eat more so I wouldn't have such a huge deficit.
    Anyway everyone can feel free to add me & help a girl out pretty please.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Was anorexic, went down to 48kg's being 5'8, now I eat between 2000-2500 a day, feel free to add x
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    I am currently eating maintenance (I still have more to lose, but doing a metabolism reset right now). I average around 2500-2800 depending on exercise. I will start cutting in a few weeks, but I won't go under 2000 and probably not even under 2100.

I love friends who lift and eat! :flowerforyou:
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    I have my diary set to 1800 but to be honest I still mentally struggle eating that much, as well as find enough nutritional things to eat throughout the day. I am comfortable right now between 1600-1800 but I am thinking of uping my intake to 2000-2200 as its summer and I will be working outside in the heat for my job as well as workouts.

has/is anyone else struggled eating that much mentally and any tips to get over the mental block? I am slowly increasing them right now and it makes it a little easier.

*note I have come a long way from 1000 calorie eater to now 1700, its just a HUGE mental bridge to get over.

you should try wearing a HRM all day, it'll show you how off you are with your calorie eating, i was eating 1400 a day, wore my HRM, burned 2567 calories JUST from my job, no extra exercise. It was a wake up call!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    *raises hand*

Long history of VLCDs here. Started eating more around a year ago and haven't looked back. I think the only time my diary dropped below 2000 cals when I was sick for a couple of days. Usual intake around 2400 (maintenance around 2750 so currently cutting).
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    If you (or anyone else) are still looking for friends that eat, I'm maintaining and typically consume around 1900 calories/day. I have trouble with the people that are dipping below 1200 and would prefer to have more healthy eaters on my list. When it comes to fitness, I'm mainly focused on strength training these days, and would love to have more friends that lift too!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member

I can relate. I ate 1200-1300 for many months. Got up to 1700 slow. Then made the jump to full TDEE for a reset. 2300-2500 was a shock to me. To get enough calories, I started adding my healthy snacks on to my meals. Then learned to use healthy oils like olive oil to get more calories. It was scary and hard at first, and my tummy was a bit sore at first. But I just forced myself to stick to it. Then a WONDERFUL thing happened. My energy started going through the roof! Now I often burn between 2600-2800 because I'm so much more active now because I have so much energy!

There are REWARDS waiting for you when you get your calories up. Don't dilly-dally, just go for it! If you are short before bed, use peanut butter or chocolate milk or something. Just be committed and do it! When you start reaping the rewards then you will be hooked. :flowerforyou:
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    I eat 1800 to 2500 a day. Anything less and I'm cranky and no one likes me. And I lose better if I eat more. I also love exercise of all kinds so I need the fuel.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Hey, raised my calories to 1800 and above a couple of weeks ago. Used to net and gross waaaaaaay lower. Turning it all around now with a focus in strength training. Still struggling on some days to reach there but I am not opposed to a little dessert (if I want to) to reach the calories. Would love to be friends with you and anyone else in the range. :)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    I eat anywhere between 2000-2500 daily I find it hard to eat under and have no idea how people say they are full eating 1200 I can eat that in one sitting
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Hi, I am currently on 2300 cals a day and it will go up if I lose this week. I am struggling with consistency with my food. So my diary looks bad, but I know this and I know I have to dig deep on my nutrition . I am always willing to add new friends.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    I eat 1800 on lifting days. I'm only 5'2.

And to fix my screwed metabolism, I did an 8 week metabolism re-set back in feb/march, eating 2000 for 8 weeks.
    I am a former restricter/binger/purger, so it was hard to get my head around the idea of eating so much. But eating in combination with heavy lifting 3 x a week saved meee! :)
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    I'm losing and the lowest I ever go is about 1750, but generally more like 1900-2000. I find it still works for me even when I go over my calories - if I'm hungry I won't ever punish myself by not eating.

Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    If it's a running day, definitely. Especially my long running day like today (10+ miles.)

I too once suffered from an eating disorder.. And there are days that I look at myself in the mirror and poke my stomach wondering if what I see there essential or just extra flab. Then everyone smacks me for thinking that and I go back to my daily routine.
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    I am looking to eat a high amount of clean calories.. Please feel free to add me so I can gain ideas for healthy large amounts of food:)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    I am at 1800-1900 a day but have done 2000 when more active.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    best thread ever. but i don't. i admire all you ladies!
  • I'm eating between 1800 & 2100/day (gross, not net). I thought I was going to ahve to cut back because my weight loss stalled about 20 days ago right after I raised my calorie goal from 1550 to 1830 (and last week I saw 267 - but that turned out to be partially sodium, partially my body adjusting to raised calories apparently, and partially a demon-possessed/broken scale). This week, I ate between 1817 & 2700 calories gross (1130 - 2500 net) and I saw the scale move downward for the first time since 4/28 (260.2 this morning!). Heh. And I love my new scale. It always tells me the same weight when I do multiple weighings in a couple minute period time.

Feel free to add me. :)