Options
    Bump so I can check it out at home
  • ketchupqueen
    Options
    Thank you!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is going to be to do a proper bodyweight strength program and use the DB's to fill in gaps in progressions and add weight to exercises.

For example:
    BW Squat -> DB Squat -> BW Split Squat -> DB Split Squat -> Pistol Squat -> DB Pistol Squat -> Shrimp Squat -> DB Skater Squat

DB Rows -> Pullups -> Weighted Pullups

DB Overhead Press -> Wall Handstand -> Wall Hanstand Pushups
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Here is another routine. I looked through it looks pretty decent:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks so much for the links guys!
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump, awesome ty!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bumb!! Huge thanks for the links! Im determined to get fit for as little money as possible. I'm hoping it will inspire others who cant afford gym's or fancy programs.
  • carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone this is a real help
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Fill a bag with heavy stuff...heavier the better & squat. Backpacks are great filled like that.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I have been working out with dumbells this way, while searching craigslist each morning and it has been great. I put the link you showed in My favorites so I can refer to it. I like it.
    A few days ago I found a commercial grade bench/squat rack plus a heavy duty 18 dumbell rack for $100, plus the guy gave me std curl bar and a pile of weights for it, A little elbow grease and some rustoleum and the plates look new. Today I found a 300 lb like new Olympic set for $200 and 3 extra 45's for $30. There are so many people that just want something out of their way it's amazing.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    Great thread! I'm currently using dumbells only, and I'm always looking for other exercises/variations to keep my momentum and interest going.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bumping it for reference................DB is all I can do.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Garage Sales, and Thrift Shops should be good sources for Fitness Equipment. And maybe Pawn Shops?
  • EpicPickle
    EpicPickle Posts: 35
    Options
    This is for all of those who cannot afford a gym for various reasons & want to lift heavy, man or woman! I found this website that gives you dumbbell ONLY workouts. Maybe you already know it but maybe some of you don't & I just want to share it because I have been looking everywhere for dumbbell only workouts since I can't afford a gym & finally found a great site.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

If anyone knows of any other sites, please share!! I would like to know what others have found so I can add it to my collection.

Someone recommended this to me last week, and I just started this workout this week. Sofar so good. I have 10, 20 and 30 lb dumbbells. I modified the program a bit though.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    garage sales are the way to go. I got two 15 pound dumbbells today for $3. I may have to work up to them.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    These are great weight ideas for when I can't get to the gym. Thanks everyone
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I can get home and bookmark it :)
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Bump