how do you interpret this text?

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Multiple choice answer time!

A. He's got a girlfriend/someone who isn't you.

B. He's ashamed to tell you he's in prison.

C. He's afraid of his intense feelings for you, and is trying to muster up the courage to tell you that he wants to marry you in a castle and make a bus load of chubby babies with you.

Duh! It's obviously C. He's probably trying to think up the perfect proposal scenario right now.

Well, maybe after he's done with round three with the chick that's answering his texts, anyway

That makes sense! The skank must be a wedding planner!
    Squeeeeeee!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My interpretation: Stop texting her man.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

C. He's afraid of his intense feelings for you, and is trying to muster up the courage to tell you that he wants to marry you in a castle and make a bus load of chubby babies with you.

Duh! It's obviously C. He's probably trying to think up the perfect proposal scenario right now.

Well, maybe after he's done with round three with the chick that's answering his texts, anyway

Squeeeeeee!
    We say skank she calls herself "JLo" now. :p
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What I don't get about girls, and I don't mean this offensively, is why you're so quick to hate on the GIRL but make excuses for the GUY. :S Lol This is why I hang out with mostly guys haha You call this girl a skank when all she did was text you and ask you to stop texting "her man" - what if SHE was his girlfriend and discovered that he had been texting other girls in an inappropriate way, you being one of them? It seems more like HE is the two-timer who isn't being faithful to ANY girls, but yet you don't seem to be placing the proper blame on him. Sounds more like you two girls were both being played and this guy is a doucher. Do yourself a favour and move on because you deserve better, you really do.

This. And if you still persist then the question would be "who is the skank"?
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Squeeeeeee!
    We say skank she calls herself "JLo" now. :p

Haha love it.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    this is still going? lol
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Men don't tend to put hidden meanings in what they say (sorry if this generalisation offends anyone). So no, he wasn't referring to you. Yes, there is probably another girl and he thinks you may know her. Perhaps you went to school together or something.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    this is still going? lol
    It will not end, even with "He's just NOT that into you" introduced to modern society with most of men and women's secrets apparently we still don't get it.
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Really how do you know that HE was calling you again and not her. Second it seems like you may not want the advice you're saying you want. This guy has moved on, see the situation for what it is, and not what you may want it to be...good luck with this one.
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    IDK = yes, but I'd love to get some on the side
    you might know her = I deleted your number, so I don't really know who just texted me
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just keep calling/texting him till you get the answer you want to hear from him.

OP, you're obviously new to how relationships work these days.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    2vb8rd4.jpg
  • crenner07
    crenner07 Posts: 36
    Options
    I realize it's been a while since I've dated (been too busy with college and working) but "idk" should never be a valid answer to that question. But maybe things have changed that drastically and I'm just hosed.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    To be fair to the OP: none of us knows this guy. What if he IS someone who likes to say suggestive things? In that case, "I don't know, you might know her... " could indeed be referring to her. We are all just posting our opinions (including myself), but none of us can actually KNOW what he meant.

Some guys are like that, they don't say straight out what they mean, they just drop hints and expect you to interpret them correctly. CORRECTLY being the key word here.

OP, you will never know for sure if he doesn't tell you straight out. If you really want to know (and keep in mind, this might hurt you A LOT!), you will unfortunately have to call him one more time. Do make a phone call, don't just text. Ask him what you want to know, and don't let him give you excuses or suggestions. Demand straight answers from him.

You could also try to force your mind to focus on distractions whenever your thoughts return to him. It takes an effort, it won't be easy at first, but force your mind to find other things to get occupied with. Do you have hobbies? Pursue them. And when your mind wanders back to him, allow it for a moment but then force your focus back to what you're doing.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you need to just move on. Obviously this guy has. He wasn't serous about you in the beginning and most likely had a girlfriend at that time and has one now.

I'm sorry. Life can be crap sometimes. :sad:
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    sorry - just think texting me from his phone was skanky. I know she was a girl he hooked up with a few drunken times. she's not a skank - her behavior was skanky....to me.

and his booty call to her wasnt just as man-skanky? Do you want to be with someone who does that? & maybe would do that to you? Dont be so quick to judge the girl.. it takes two honey! He is just as in the wrong as she is!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well, this is about absurdly idiotic.

He has a girlfriend.

He wasn't referring to you.

Move on and stop being desperate.

Yep whierd nailed it.

I'm also finding it odd that your calling the girl in question a 'skank' when they seem to be in a more legitimate relationship than you and he ever were.

Personally I think you should eliminate that word from your vocabulary.
  • jajnn
    jajnn Posts: 33
    Options
    LOL
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Don't get involved with someone with PTSD unless you have to (i.e. already married/in a relationship with before PTSD kicks in). It is one of those really rough journeys, and although he should seek out help and support of friends and family it is wrong of him to even consider starting a relationship, and it is a really bad idea for you to consider starting one with him. Maybe in a couple years if your paths cross again and he's mentally stable.

gee thanks

as someone who has suffered long term PTSD I find your post really depressing and dismaying.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    1: Yes, he has a girlfriend(or wife)

2: She is not a skank any more than you are. You were both lied to. He is the skank.

3: He won't leave her no matter what he says.

4: Yes. really.

Hope this helps!!