Cellulite!!! Why won't it go away :(

Options
2»

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've always been under the impression that losing weight and building muscle will make it look less dramatic, but it will never be unnoticable. I don't really give a *kitten*; it's too hot where I live to cover up, and everyone else has all their cellulite hanging out too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've always been under the impression that losing weight and building muscle will make it look less dramatic, but it will never be unnoticable. I don't really give a *kitten*; it's too hot where I live to cover up, and everyone else has all their cellulite hanging out too.

QFT!!!

Mine was worse when I was 100 pounds and flabby (think Tara Reid lol). Now I've gained some good muscle and it is almost gone, very unnoticeable. Dry brushing does make it appear smoother, as does tanning (or fake tanner). I think white legs show it more, atleast on me.

Truthfully I don't (and wouldn't if I were you) work out every day without rest. More isn't better. I like to rest so when I do leg days, I can go ALL out and lift heavy. Deadlifts, squats, lunges...these all help the backs of the leg/butt and build muscle in the hamstring area so the cellulite looks better.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts have helped mine..sure, it's not gone totally but it's really improved.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    So today marks day 16 of working out in a row for me, I began the new rules of weightlifting for women and I eat clean 80% of the time. I don't drink alcohol except maybe one night a week and I drink upwards of 160 oz. of water a day. I have a cup of coffee in the morning but other then that the only thing besides water I drink is green tea. I am so frustrated! I've never had cellulite on my legs except in the back of my thighs under my butt but now that is gone except it's seemed to move to the front of my thighs down to my knee so gross!! My stomach has pretty much gone away and my mom pooch is almost vanished, my bust is down an inch and I've lost 10lbs already but why the hell is this cellulite appearing on my thighs??!! Everything I read tells me to strength train, drink lots of water, healthy foods... I'm doing it all!! Any ideas?? I still have 15-20lbs to get to my goal weight is this just an issue of my thighs losing slower then the rest of my body?

Edited to say: I should have mentioned I've been doing this since December! I've lost 50lbs in whole and I squat and lift heavy. I just meant I've been going 16 days without a break and my issue is mostly that it has changed spots not that it isnt gone its just annoying its like the squats have created a new problem

Your thighs will probably be the very last place you'll lose. But the cellulite might not ever go away.
    It's sure going to take longer than 16 days.

You'll have a better idea of what's happening in about 4 months.

And don't stop doing squats! :smile:
  • emmahayes1244
    emmahayes1244 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use soap and glory slimwear lotion! Amazing stuff, along with the exercise it works a treat! Good for sensitive also!
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    eating junk food, i'm covered with it.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Im more pissed that it seems to have appeared now that im eating better and working out then I am *****ing that its there Im pissed that its moved and want to know why

I read that cellulite has a lot to do with how your body stores fat. Some people have more and some have less. Reducing body fat to extra lean levels will make it go away but I think we are talking about near female body building levels here.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    And according to this guy, I was half wrong:
    http://www.metaboliceffect.com/can-you-burn-cellulite/#prettyPhoto
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all women have it, some men to, even lean people. It's not really something you can control. I don't pay any attention to it anymore.

http://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I have a simple suggestion for the Cellulite. Have your husband give you an upper hamstring/glute massage every night.

Lay down on your stomach, completely naked, and have him rub up/down and try to smooth out as much as possible. Maybe use a little oil in this process.

It may not do jack sh1t for the cellulite, but will probably lead to both of you feeling much better. :love: :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, the only thing I can sugest is to try skin brushing to improve the circulation in those areas. Also avoid bread/wheat. In any case, I'm sure it's not as bad as you think, most women have some.
    What does bread and wheat have to do with cellulite?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Liberating is the day where you don't really give a damn about your cellulite or stretch marks anymore :happy:

That being said, the cellulite on my legs and bum has definitely reduced since I started losing weight in January 2012, and I've been strength training heavy since March 2012. You've only started 5 months ago, give it time and be patient, keep at it and you will see improvements.

I have also seen (what I assume to be unedited because why lie if you're not selling something or even showing your face) before/after pictures of women on tumblr/fitblr who started heavy lifting, and the reduced (not eliminated) cellulite is quite noticeable and enough to keep me going!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    mu naturopath recommended a lemon squeezed into water each morning to help with general detoxification and as a bonus cellulite too!
    Good luck!
    Broscience.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cellulite never goes away. It's tissue underneath the skin. It bulges because of fat deposits that push it out. Even with low body fat, it may still have a slight appearance. Factors to include are genetics, age and weight.

Unless you're wearing shorts or a dress to this reunion, who's gonna see your thighs anyway?

IDEA Fitness member