FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    2vb8rd4.jpg

This is so very true - it's helped me!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1: Yes, he has a girlfriend(or wife)

2: She is not a skank any more than you are. You were both lied to. He is the skank.

3: He won't leave her no matter what he says.

4: Yes. really.

Hope this helps!!

Agreed with everything but the bolded. While he is a skank, the both women involved in this situation are one as well. OP is still trying to get this man away from the woman. And that woman is still with that guy even though she knows about OP.

Everybody in this situation is a skank (and OP is a troll)
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't be anybody's second choice. Let it go.
  • taunto
    Options
    Don't be anybody's second choice. Let it go.

Love knows no boundaries. My 4th wife agrees with me
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Did you seriously refer to the girl as a skank???

Wow. Just ... Wow.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    3rj60y.jpg

^This!!! Although I know how you feel, been there done that :/
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The only acceptable answer to that was "No". He either does or is "dating" someone else.
  • taunto
    Options

Wow. Just ... Wow.

See that part is amusing to me since in this scenario, somebody else is the skank imo (and I don't mean the guy either) :)
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Ok she's not a skank, but I can see why in the heat of the moment when you're upset you called her one.
    He's involved with a girl, but isn't sure what the official status of their relationship is hence the IDK.
    The "you might know her" is him obviously not knowing who you know now seeing as you've not seen/spoken in 2 months and is probably someone you may have come into contact with I.e gym, bar whatever.

I was with a guy who served in Iraq and saw his mate die in an ambush and had PTSD. It wasn't as bad when we hooked up, but there were times he wasn't 100%. Anyway, long story short after 2 years together he sent me a message saying his friend had died suddenly (long distance relationship at uni) and he needed some space. Never heard from him again, until 3 months later he sent me a msg saying her moved on with his life, delete his number and never contact him again.

So my advice is make the break first. It'll be hard but will hurt less than when he says don't contact me again.
    Delete his number, take a break from men and focus on yourself!
  • RockChickSarah
    Options
    Who's to say there was actually ever another woman that sent the text? from his phone? seems a tad suss to me... suspect he sent said text himself ... which kinda sums everythin up tbh :brokenheart:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So the question is: why do you want to be involved with him? He either has a girlfriend or he is lying to you... If you want to be with him, go ahead, stalk him, call him, text him, but don't cry when it doesn't work out.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Wow, there is no appropriate level of sarcasm and vitriol I could add to this post that won't result in a permanent banning. I'll try, however, to make my point perfectly clear:

You're a doormat, he's a douche nozzle. Don't let the douche nozzle continue to spray his doucheyness all over your doormat. But if you do, then stop asking for help, because it's obvious you live for the douching.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'd interpret his response to you ("idk" and "you might know her") as he doesn't know if he'd call her a girlfriend and you probably do know her. ... I really don't think there are any lines to read between.

I'd also interpret your defense of him ("he's a marine with PTSD") as you really do know that this is no more than a casual hook up but you're trying to find an excuse that will put frills on that for you.

Sorry m'dear, but this is a dead end road if you want more than a casual thing.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    and obviously...no reply.

This is your answer. Even if you have an intense gravitational pull, remember that feelings are not facts, and your feelings are not in control of you.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    It's clear as glass! He has a woman but wants to have his cake and eat it too. You don't want to be the second choice, do you?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Wow. Just ... Wow.

See that part is amusing to me since in this scenario, somebody else is the skank imo (and I don't mean the guy either) :)

I don't even think the OP is a skank based on her actions. Dumb, though. But when she called the innocent party a skank, she became one herself. I mean, she didn't know about the other woman at first so she wasn't guilty of anything. But how is someone a skank for having a BF just because you want him for yourself???
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What I don't get about girls, and I don't mean this offensively, is why you're so quick to hate on the GIRL but make excuses for the GUY. :S Lol This is why I hang out with mostly guys haha You call this girl a skank when all she did was text you and ask you to stop texting "her man" - what if SHE was his girlfriend and discovered that he had been texting other girls in an inappropriate way, you being one of them? It seems more like HE is the two-timer who isn't being faithful to ANY girls, but yet you don't seem to be placing the proper blame on him. Sounds more like you two girls were both being played and this guy is a doucher. Do yourself a favour and move on because you deserve better, you really do.

this ^^^^^^ very true words...move on girl....sounds like he already told you what he needed to tell you and has moved on himself..while youre dwelling on what he has or hasnt said you could be missing out on something or someone else who could be important...
  • Race2the9
    Race2the9 Posts: 77
    Options
    From what I have read, you really don't need him. Based on his text its clear to see that he is not a man, but a boy playing games. When a person like this engages in multiple relationships, even id there is a remote inkling of that behavior, he WILL continue to do so.

It sounds like you have a spirit that longs for a FAITHFUL relationship, but you will NEVER find it with this joker. move on hun.

if you are taking care of yourself, continue to do so and don't let others control you like that. Guard your heart and seek out a man not solely based on appearance but that respects you and your boundaries.

This hurts now, but its only temporary. Use this event as a lesson of what to watch out for!

you'll be fine! stay positive
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    OP, he is keeping the door open for ego's sake, or a possibility of banging rights. You had best chance of closure back when you got that first text. Should have confronted him then and walked on your terms. The reason you arent being able to get over him is because of the way it ended, with him having the upper hand.
  • jporter2004
    jporter2004 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Move on. Period. I have a friend who went through a very similar situation and the guy was married and seeing two other women. This other woman who texted you is either his wife or girlfriend.....