how do you interpret this text?

Options

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    To be fair to the OP: none of us knows this guy. What if he IS someone who likes to say suggestive things? In that case, "I don't know, you might know her... " could indeed be referring to her. We are all just posting our opinions (including myself), but none of us can actually KNOW what he meant.

Some guys are like that, they don't say straight out what they mean, they just drop hints and expect you to interpret them correctly. CORRECTLY being the key word here.

OP, you will never know for sure if he doesn't tell you straight out. If you really want to know (and keep in mind, this might hurt you A LOT!), you will unfortunately have to call him one more time. Do make a phone call, don't just text. Ask him what you want to know, and don't let him give you excuses or suggestions. Demand straight answers from him.

NO. He told her for sure, there is no interpretation necessary! How on earth could be be referring to her - they haven't spoken in 2 months, he is barely responsive now, but he might be calling her his girlfriend? What?? OP please don't ask him, he has been as clear as day and you don't need to make a fool of yourself by demanding answers.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I remember this one time at the bar I took my buddies phone and texted some girl "can you please stop texting my man." It was hilarious and she be mad LOLZ
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I remember this one time at the bar I took my buddies phone and texted some girl "can you please stop texting my man." It was hilarious and she be mad LOLZ

I was initially thinking this too and agree that guys do this when in a bar and showing off texts and naked MFP pics to each other.

HOWEVER, the fact that he never contacted her after that tells me that he was/is not interested in her.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't do well with this type of vague games. I would just say be straight with me and ask what he means by that. It is not worth all the stress when there are plenty of people willing to respect your feelings and be open.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I want to! But I can't seem to let go. Could he be referring to me?

If he cheated on her WITH you then he'll cheat on you with someone else. Move on.
  • nightlightview
    nightlightview Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IDK is "I Don't Know"
    Find another person who wants to have an In Person friendship or relationship. This is what you want, companionship it seems, so simply find a new person with the same goals. If he wanted a casual friendship, and the texting was getting to smothering, he might have just decided you took too much time to appease. 45 minutes or 45 miles is very difficult to build a good relationship. Good luck.:smile:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Best way to get over someone is to find a someone to be distracted by.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    See if I were talking to a man and got the text "stop texting my man"
    A) she wouldn't be a skank
    B) he would be
    C) I would run far away, he is trouble.

As for "idk" and "you might know her"
    Idk = yes (but I am looking are you offering?"
    You might know her = but if we do talk keep it on the DL Cuz IDK!
    That's all there is to it. I know it's hard because I've been in that situation. I was the "skank" that found the text msg and replied "please stop" because his excuse was that she had a crush on him and wouldn't leave him alone. But even after I found out he'd been seeing her for 4 months, I could not let him go! I don't know why girls feel the way they do about these types of guys. But it comes down to it that you were most likely the other woman. He's a loser and you're better off without him. My suggestion is to go out and find you a good rebound guy! Like that guys up there ^ : )
    Edited to say I was also 18 and he was the first guy I'd ever "loved". I'm a grown up now and won't tolerate bull**** : )
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Seems like a waste of time. Move on
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Let it go. He's not serious. If he were, he would have repeatedly tried to call/text/fb message until he told you what was going on. And don't buy the PTSD excuse, either. My deceased husband had service related PTSD and, when i met him, was a bit of a playa. When he decided he wanted to be serious he did not back down. He started proposing and kept doing it until i agreed. Best decision i ever made, by the way...

You deserve someone like that.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options

it's been basically no contact since then - nearly 2 months.

I'd say move on to someone else. Either he is with someone else, or this guy likes head games.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    leav e him alone
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    he says idk to does he have a gf
    that means yes he d oes
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Just ask him instead of playing guessing games.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    What his texts mean is irrelevant. What is relevant is that you are hanging on to someone that clearly does not share your feelings.

Have some pride in yourself and move on.
  • heweiland
    heweiland Posts: 42
    Options
    That may very well be the case.... But do you feel like finding a boyfriend? Or a project? :smile:

I agree with EVERYTHING CakeFace has said...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    please quit the drama and move on.
  • heweiland
    heweiland Posts: 42
    Options
    Well, this is about absurdly idiotic.

He has a girlfriend.

He wasn't referring to you.

Move on and stop being desperate.

Speaking of desperate...how YOU doin?

LOL!!!!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If this guy wanted anything to do with you he would have banged you within the last 2 months.

The truth hurts.

The only "gravitational" pull is on your part of this equation. He obviously isn't in the same solar system as you, or you'd have bumped uglies again by now.

Delete him from your contacts...let it the *kitten* go, and move on.

I hope you find true love, just don't fool yourself into thinking it is going to be with this man!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love this quote from Maya Angelou: "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them"

I think Maya Angelou meant that in a more positive sense. I believe she meant once people show you honestly who they are, you can believe them.