Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Push the eject button.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Move on. Cut all contact, forget he existed. You'll meet someone else and wish you hadn't wasted your time on him.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This guy is all head games.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I am honestly finding it difficult to understand how you think that text is difficult to interpret. Stop responding to him and find someone else.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am honestly finding it difficult to understand how you think that text is difficult to interpret. Stop responding to him and find someone else.

My gosh....ditto this.

And not to be harsh, but desperation is not a good look on anybody. Stop giving him all the power and move on.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Why is the other woman the "Skank?" He's the no good @$%^. Maybe she was the girlfriend and he made you the other woman. You are mad at the wrong person. You should be mad at him.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Why is she a "skank" because she asked you rather nicely to stop texting her boyfriend? You both sound really immature.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    People still say "skank"?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Your hopes are misplaced. Echoing others, take the time to let go and don't look back. You'll be grateful you did in the end.
  • anotherlonelyheart
    anotherlonelyheart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I don't get about girls, and I don't mean this offensively, is why you're so quick to hate on the GIRL but make excuses for the GUY. :S Lol This is why I hang out with mostly guys haha You call this girl a skank when all she did was text you and ask you to stop texting "her man" - what if SHE was his girlfriend and discovered that he had been texting other girls in an inappropriate way, you being one of them? It seems more like HE is the two-timer who isn't being faithful to ANY girls, but yet you don't seem to be placing the proper blame on him. Sounds more like you two girls were both being played and this guy is a doucher. Do yourself a favour and move on because you deserve better, you really do.
    \

This
  • ToolRat
    ToolRat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The farther you run from him, the more calories you will burn!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    don't 'interpret' texts unless you work for the FBI or police dept.
    NEVER, EVER pursue men- ESPECIALLY men with mental problems and/or marines

I'm gonna say this one final time - WHEN A MAN WANTS YOU, YOU WILL KNOW IT - you don't need to ask strangers or wonder.
    When a man does NOT want you - ACCEPT IT!
    move on sweetie, there are men on every corner
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

My gosh....ditto this.

And not to be harsh, but desperation is not a good look on anybody. Stop giving him all the power and move on.

All this. Sorry OP, but there's nothing to "interpret"...if he wanted to be with you, he would be. Don't hang around waiting to be his "option."
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Last time I said it I was about 14.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't get involved with someone with PTSD unless you have to (i.e. already married/in a relationship with before PTSD kicks in). It is one of those really rough journeys, and although he should seek out help and support of friends and family it is wrong of him to even consider starting a relationship, and it is a really bad idea for you to consider starting one with him. Maybe in a couple years if your paths cross again and he's mentally stable.

gee thanks

as someone who has suffered long term PTSD I find your post really depressing and dismaying.

Are you getting help? Or are you just sitting around and doing nothing about it?
    I have PTSD too, but I am getting treatment. Someone that freshly back from war who doesn't sound like he is doing much about it sounds like bad news to me.

I should've worded better. You're not used goods with PTSD, but you should seek help and have it fairly well managed before sucking someone into things with you.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    very sage advice.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    been involved with a guy since july. we were never officially bf/gf. stopped seeing each other fiirst of march. one of last communications was day before st patty's day when thatmorning after he and I were texting (he lives 45 miles away) the night before, I got a text from his phone saying "can you please stop texting my man"

he tried to call after but I didn't answer. it's been basically no contact since then - nearly 2 months.

I broke down and text him tonight and said I missed him. I asked if he sill had a gf (referring to skank above) he replied with 2 texts:

"Idk"

"You might know her"

How do you interpret his reply? (we don't know anyone in common)

If you are unsure of what he is saying. it is best to just ask him and not a bunch of strangers on the internet. Communication is the crux of a relationship. You should practice it.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

"Skank" is soooo totally 80's....
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago (I should do a search to find the thread, but...just not that invested right now), there was a thread that talked about some marine just back from war with PTSD. The OP was on this long, incoherent ramble about how the guy went off the deep end while they were at dinner one night, claiming he told the cops that SHE was a stalker.

I wonder if this is the same poster? The reference to PTSD raises some suspicion.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Touche.

It's so much easier said than done. Tell it to my heart :/

GROW SOME LADY BALLS! Stop listening to your heart permanently if it is telling you this is a good idea. You have a brain for a reason. If your brain says stay away then listen to it. If your brain says go for it then please check with someone with common sense before you make any decisions at all.

To all the ladies out there: Please stop dating losers! If we all stop putting out for the losers eventually they will have to step up their game to get any and the world will be better off.