Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My mother in law hate me so much that she wanted me out of my husband house because i have been unable to give her a grandchild i never knew what to do one day when i was at my working place a friend of my told me about how she had a spell cast on her by this man named Ekaka and after which her life came back to normal so i chosen to give him a trier which i did contacted him on his email: ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com after which he get back to me and told me what i need to do and also how my problem was going to be solve and after 1month i started seeing changes in me i and so happy now that i can now give birth to my own child and my mother in law is now happy with me since i have been pregnant for her son.

Wow! All these with the help of protein shake I presume..! :laugh:
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    My mother in law hate me so much that she wanted me out of my husband house because i have been unable to give her a grandchild i never knew what to do one day when i was at my working place a friend of my told me about how she had a spell cast on her by this man named Ekaka and after which her life came back to normal so i chosen to give him a trier which i did contacted him on his email: ekakaspelltemple@yahoo.com after which he get back to me and told me what i need to do and also how my problem was going to be solve and after 1month i started seeing changes in me i and so happy now that i can now give birth to my own child and my mother in law is now happy with me since i have been pregnant for her son.

What the holy fook is that all about^^ Have I just slipped into the Twilight Zone of MFP?
  • emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options

And I thought I'd hijacked the thread.

Winner.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love protein shakes and usually make my own at home. It's a great supplement to the actual foods that I already eat.
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes but bought ones specificially for females - on Maxitone Sculptress weightloss protein shake atm. They are really good and I find help - just dont go drinking the high calorie ones for men or youll put on weight lol!
  • rachaelholt9
    Options
    I think shakes are a great way to start or end your day but watch the SUGAR! I like Atkins the best or EAS, almost no sugar :)
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. If you're having trouble meeting your protein goal for the day with food alone, then have a shake if you want to. Otherwise, it's not necessary.

^ This. I'd also say be cautious when listening to nutrition advice from personal trainers.

And also be cautious when listening to Nutritionists. I had one recommend Pure Protein bars to a friend of mine. Those are total garbage so i told her she needs to hire a new nutritionist!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You can prepare your own whey protein shake. You do not have to buy the "processed shakes"

Just find a good whey protein powder. I use whey protein isolate.

You can add any fruit you want and any liquid for the fluid part of the recipe (water, milk, etc)

I drink mine 45 minutes prior to my workout and then immediately after.

Good luck
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    its best if you understand what is in the shake you are going to drink.

My man and I both use the same type of protein powder at home; we portion it out differently based on our daily protein/caloric needs. Your protein intake should be sufficient to the type of work you are doing.

Best advice around nutrition should come from a nutritionist, some CPTs don't have a great background in nutrition and though some know what they are talking about, not all have a thorough understanding. Ask your CPT about what type of training they have had...
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I drink protein shakes but bought ones specificially for females - on Maxitone Sculptress weightloss protein shake atm. They are really good and I find help - just dont go drinking the high calorie ones for men or youll put on weight lol!

High calorie ones for men? lol Believe it or not but some women want to up their calories too if they are trying to gain muscle. Men and women do not need different types of protein shakes. It's just a high protein drink at the end of the day, it's not gender specific.
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I always think it sounds weird when someone uses the phrase 'Taking a protein shake'. lol. Not sure why, it just conjures up images of people sneakily necking protein like they were doing drugs or something...:laugh:

Haha hiding in the bathroom stall, downing a protein shake... people tell them they have something on their lip (leftover protein drink) and the person yells back and tells them theres nothing there.... Ya... Protein problems lol

I can quit anytime I want !! ANYTIME I WANT !!
  • sosapili
    sosapili Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can too much protein be bad???

Someday I go WAY over my protein intake.. and others I can't meet them. But I take a protein bar before my workout (30g) and a shake after (15g) during my long workouts, all of this is in the morning. So by the end of the day I sometimes go over..

Suggestions --
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Can too much protein be bad???

Someday I go WAY over my protein intake.. and others I can't meet them. But I take a protein bar before my workout (30g) and a shake after (15g) during my long workouts, all of this is in the morning. So by the end of the day I sometimes go over..

Suggestions --

no suggestions needed. there's really no problem here. you aren't "way" over, nor are you close to being in a danger zone, if such a thing existed. carry on.
  • sosapili
    sosapili Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was over by around 100g today.. I don't mind when it's around 20 - 50g. That's why I was asking ... my total for today is 185 or so... and i'm still missing dinner :?
  • Sheseverything
    Options
    Ive been going to the gym for a while now, and i do crossfit occasionally, i've never taken any protein shakes before and i do want to gain a little more muscle, not grow them big but just to tone them a bit more.
    Can you recommend me a protein shake? Ive heard this one is good but I'm not sure...
    http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/Sunwarrior-Protein-Raw-Vegan-Vanilla-Gluten-Free.html?osCsid=fa04b4e3f09f0467f442a7c23a1bd824
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Ive been going to the gym for a while now, and i do crossfit occasionally, i've never taken any protein shakes before and i do want to gain a little more muscle, not grow them big but just to tone them a bit more.
    Can you recommend me a protein shake? Ive heard this one is good but I'm not sure...
    http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/Sunwarrior-Protein-Raw-Vegan-Vanilla-Gluten-Free.html?osCsid=fa04b4e3f09f0467f442a7c23a1bd824

wait, so do you want to just lose fat.. or actually gain muscle. This "toning" thing is throwing me for a loop..

..and it's gonna take more than just a protein shake to gain muscle.