5'9" ladies

Options
What is your goal weight? How close are you to that number? Have any of you ever changed your goal after getting to the number you had originally aimed for?

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my original goal was 136, as that was what I weighed in the 90's when I was doing Kung Fu. I was in amazing shape back then, but wasn't really watching what I was eating - I was relying on exercise alone.

Fast forward almost 15 years, I joined Weight Watchers and started tracking my food for the first time after I passed the 200 lb mark. I switched over to maintenance once I reached that my goal weight 11 months later. The increased maintenance calories weren't enough, and I lost 10 more lbs. I'm now around 125 and find it pretty easy to maintain.
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My goal weight is 165, which I met on 2/15. In maintenance mode now. Thinking of trying to get to 159. We'll see!
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'9" Here and goal is also 165. WAY OFF from there, but as it took me 5 ish years to get to where I am its going to take a while for me to get back to where I was
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" as well. I originally set my goal to 160, but since I'm there, and am kind of enjoying my new way of eating, I decided to drop it to 156. We'll see. It's been so many years since I've been below 160.

I laugh when I remember being 130 in college and thinking I was fat!

3 kids and 30 years later, 156 sounds pretty good to me!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125, however I don't mind weighing a bit more as long as I'm lean and muscle! I'm 133 right now. :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 159 right now, aiming for 140 which is where I was before I got pregnant a year ago. Was 198 right before the birth of my daughter.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    5'9, aiming for 165ish, currently 256.2 from a SW of 275.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    forget goal weight, and diet plans. what i really wanna know is your age and location and phone number. ok
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10 and 138 but I have very low bodyfat % too, in spite of my higher weight.
    Last year, I was 125 and like a few others my height on this site at that weight, looked scrawny and older than my years. I also had more fat.
    I have no real intention of aiming lower now. Unless a person is that size naturally, they should not be striving to be that light.
    Find a weight you feel healthy at, and that is medically healthy.
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Goal is (hopefully!) to 125 lbs from 140, which is what I hit without trying when I lived in NYC and was walking everywhere. But also focusing on body recomposition and strength by doing kickboxing so weight loss is slow. After I reach it, plan is to continue to eat healthy, up calories a bit, and if I drop more, so it goes :)
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160 and but I'll reevaluate as I get closer since there is such a range with how different bodies and heights look at certain weights. The number doesn't matter as much to me anymore as long as I feel good about where I am at. Right now I am 190 and although I love lifting and losing inches it would be lovely to get out of the range!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and am thinking anywhere from 160-170.. have about 35-45 more lbs to go
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    forget goal weight, and diet plans. what i really wanna know is your age and location and phone number. ok

Lol
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", 44 years old. Currently 180, aiming for 160 during my weight loss phase. Once I hit 160, I will begin a progressive lifting program and figure if I end up 165, I will be more than delighted.
  • missmarjushka
    missmarjushka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    125-127 is a goal weight, 135 now
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Goal is 150, but I'm currently around 155.. which I don't mind.

I would like to ultimately be 140-145, but we'll see when/if I get there!
  • torymichaels
    Options
    175 at the moment. I've never seen that weight as an adult, so it's a good spot to pause and reassess. I think I was 13 the last time I weighed that little.

May go down further, since technically that's still overweight, but until I get there and see what I look like, I can't make that call.
  • yyynot
    yyynot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been at around 140# for the last couple months and would still like to drop about 5#. Been working on toning more than losing lately.
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, currently 166lbs wanting to get to 140.

but would LOVE 126
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    5'9", 145-147 lbs. Not too concerned about weight, because I am trying to get leaner. 19% BF tested on 1/18, on a mission to get down to 17% by July. I want to be LEANER and MEANER! :wink: