Best way to stop a wedding?

Options

Replies

• ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fill the wedding chapel with popcorn. You can't have a wedding in popcorn. That's science.

but it's tons of fun after the laser hits the chapel and pops all the popcorn!

real-genius-popcorn-o.gif

I was so happy to see this gif in this thread! YES!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "If anyone has any objections to this....."

WPAi80h.gif

A flaming, roundhouse kick to the face? Who could possibly object to this?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I say take her out, getting trashed, do dirty everything with her, take pics and replace the program with the pictures.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    How about talk to the one you think is unhappy and see if that is what it is or if that is just in your head... cause seriously, screwing up someones wedding and life because you "think" they are unhappy is the wrong thing to do. That my good sir would make you an *kitten*.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When they ask if anyone has any objections, raise your hand.
  • StevePlatia
    StevePlatia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're obviously either playing us, or you're an idiot. Stay away, it's really none of your business.
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    when the priest says speak now or forever hold your peace, speak up and sing la boda by aventura. if youre not spanish youre screwed.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    How about talk to the one you think is unhappy and see if that is what it is or if that is just in your head... cause seriously, screwing up someones wedding and life because you "think" they are unhappy is the wrong thing to do. That my good sir would make you an *kitten*.

Oh well maybe we should all just have friends like you that allow their friends to make completely irrational decisions based on some fairy tale concept of 'love'. Personally if one of my friends or family was marrying a partner I thought was bad for them I'd do everything in my power to make sure that wedding didn't happen.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Put a Slip N Slide in the aisle..

actually that sounds kinda fun... umm don't do that I wanna do that when I get married
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people need to learn hard lessons firsthand. If they're really not happy together then eventually it won't work out. Happened with my first marriage, and if anyone had told me a week before my wedding that we should call it off because they didn't think we were happy or right for each other I would have probably gotten pissed off. Hindsight is 20/20 :grumble:
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Do it all graduate style....run to the church the day of and bang on the glass shouting their name till they come running out and then run away from the family and hop on a bus

^This. Best answer. If you don't take this advice, obviously you're not serious about breaking up this wedding.
    th?id=H.4650093354026729&pid=15.1
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    Wrong section sorry
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ca72a17934ea45cb8f8e963a4e4e926d.gif

hahahaha, yea make sure you wash ur face first
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Arrive dressed as the groom, and barge her out of the way.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I so needed you all over 20 years ago!!! ........ Did I just say that out loud? Oooops :embarassed:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Personally if one of my friends or family was marrying a partner I thought was bad for them I'd do everything in my power to make sure that wedding didn't happen.
    Why should you get to decide who they should or shouldn't be with? You can't get inside their head.
    thankfully I didn't have many friends like you, would have made my beautiful wedding a **** storm.
    Still married, same guy, going on 14 years.

Bleck.
    Serious or not, stay the hell out of your friends life choices. If they are an adult, they can make their own choices and deal with them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Note with a bomb threat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    kill-bill-volume-1-20080909003710770-000.jpg

My favorite movie ever!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Fill the wedding chapel with popcorn. You can't have a wedding in popcorn. That's science.

That's genius, right there. Real Genius...
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine jumped into a relationship, blatantly on the rebound from a previous (she couldnt stop talking about him) and still hurting.

3 months after she'd met this guy online and physically met him 3 times, they were talking about marriage and her moving away (again) and pulling her kid out of school (again)

No matter what, I couldn't get excited and happy for her. I was supposed to have been her best friend. I took a little time to think about it and ended up telling her that I really hoped she would be eternally happy but I just couldn't stand behind her on this one. Seeing what she had gone through and was still going through, I just wanted her to give it a little more time ("give it 4 seasons to see of all him")

I knew before I said it that it would be the end of our friendship and we didn't communicate again for several years. Even then, its only been a couple of times by Facebook messages.

Fortunately, they are still together and seem very happy. I'm genuinely happy for her.

I don't, however, regret a single thing I said and doubt I ever will.

Life is about choices. You need to make yours and allow her to make hers. Just don't be surprised about the consequences.