Petitie girls trying to lose vanity pounds help please !!

Hi I'm 5ft 3 and trying to lose 10-15 lbs I currently weight 125lbs .

I've started a 1000 calorie a day diet . Not excluding any food type , just calorie counting , I don't feel too hungry as long as I eat small things every few hours. I am hoping to lose minimum 10lbs in 5 weeks. Has anyone successfully done this? I would like advise from girls 5ft 3 or under who have successfully lost vanity pounds as I think taller people who are overweight would have completely different results when dieting .

Replies

• Carlya87
    Carlya87 Posts: 19 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi I'm 5ft 3 and trying to lose 10-15 lbs I currently weight 125lbs .

I've started a 1000 calorie a day diet . Not excluding any food type , just calorie counting , I don't feel too hungry as long as I eat small things every few hours. I am hoping to lose minimum 10lbs in 5 weeks. Has anyone successfully done this? I would like advise from girls 5ft 3 or under who have successfully lost vanity pounds as I think taller people who are overweight would have completely different results when dieting .
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    you're going to fail on 1000. im 5'2 and lost about 10lbs on 1200 and then i bumped my cals to 1300 and lost the remaining on that. make sure you eat at least half of your exercise calories back too. remember, this isnt a race, it's a marathon. take your time, you're already small, youre not going to see big numbers on the scale and you eating 1000 isnt going to change that either. good luck :flowerforyou:
  • veryhappyfeet
    veryhappyfeet Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 5"4. Before exams on a strict diet of 1000kcal per day, I was 114 pounds. During exams I ate as much as I needed (you can't starve during exams!) I became 107 pounds. I guess I ate probably around.... 1300 - 1500kcal a day?

My goal was 110 pounds. Reached it without putting in any effort.

On a side note, is aiming for 105 pounds a bit too little? Thanks much
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    If you starve yourself like that you have a high chance of binging. It is easier to do it the steady and slow way. I am losing on 1400 a day.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Honestly, I don't think you can lose that much in that short amount of time. You're already small, so your body will want to hold on to those last few pounds. Also, 1000 calories is more than likely not enough for you to survive. I'm also 5'3" and around 122-125, and I eat 1700 net calories per day to lose. Just take it slow and easy, and you'll be fine :)

Also, why do you have that time limit?
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    In 2010 i was 126ish lbs and crashed to 116 in about 4 weeks due to the horrid *heartbreak diet*, consuming around 700-800 cals a day on average. I lost a few more lbs then maintained by eating 1000 on workout days and 1300 on gym days, 3 days a week and burning about 800 cals per session, then slowly increasing the calories.

I'm 5ft 2"
  • Carlya87
    Carlya87 Posts: 19 Member
    i decided to put a time limit on because i live in a spain and its coming up to bikini season! also because i started in Feb and because i had so long to lose i ended up leaving it and not being serious and only lost 1lb since then!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I'm 5'4.5" tall and I eat 1800 calories a day and lose weight consistently.

When you are already light or lean, it is best to have a small deficit rather than a large one or else you risk lean mass loss and other health problems, especially if you exercise.

I was typically eating around 1300-1500 calories for a couple of years and then when I hit 140 pounds, everything slowed down to a crawl and I wasn't getting anywhere. I calculated my TDEE and took a small percentage of that away and ate that (which is how I came up with the 1800 calorie figure). When I started doing that back in March of this year, the fat started falling off again. I lost 4 pounds in the previous 3 weeks and my body fat dropped down to 22%.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Eating too little will set you up to be more likely to binge the weight back later.

You are short, so you may not need as many calories as some, but I would aim for at least 1300 to 1400 a day. You should do fine on that and still lose.

Also, I'm not a fan of short term diets for some silly event like bikini season or a wedding. Health isn't a race. You should aim to lose .5 to 2 lbs per week on average.

You also want to aim for a weight your body can maintain long term. The 100 to 110lb range can be completely fine for some people your height, while other people have bodies that will fight that tooth and nail. As long as you can maintain it easily long term, I say go for it.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    I don't think 10lbs in 5 weeks is a realistic goal for someone your size already... I think half a pound to a pound a week tops is possible.
    I'm 5'4.5" at 127 and would still like to lose another 10lbs, but I'd rather gain it back in muscle, so for me, cutting calories to 1000 sounds crazy.... Lol... I'm currently upping my protein and fat and working towards gaining muscle...
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Please don't limit yourself to 1000 calories a day. That's not a healthy eating plan, that's serious under-eating. I'm also 5' 3" and I am currently aiming to eat TDEE minus a 15% deficit every day, plus eating back exercise calories. Why don't you try that?
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    I don't think 10lbs in 5 weeks is a realistic goal for someone your size already... I think half a pound to a pound a week tops is possible.
    I'm 5'4.5" at 127 and would still like to lose another 10lbs, but I'd rather gain it back in muscle, so for me, cutting calories to 1000 sounds crazy.... Lol... I'm currently upping my protein and fat and working towards gaining muscle...

Hi, I am looking to do something similar (my weight isn't actually that bad but it's all fat and it's all in the wrong places). I want to burn the flab and tone up so I expect in the end my weight won't be much different from what it is now, it's just that currently I consist of tiny bones and lots of flab. Could I add you and get some tips? Thanks.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Sigh.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Do you plan on eating 1,000 cals for the rest of your life? because the second you go back to eating "normally" you'll just gain it back. I'm 4'10 " and wouldn't even think about eating 1,000 cals or less.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    You can lose 10lbs in 5 weeks if you have a lot more to lose.
    You cannot lose your last 10lbs that quickly.

I am 5'0 ft and I lose weight at 1800 Net, and with exercise I eat as much as 2,200 on a normal day.

Don't train your body to eat so little. Train it to eat well and burn.
  • Meopausemom1951
    Meopausemom1951 Posts: 5 Member
    I am 4 feet 10 3/4 and taking it slow ..I may never reach 100 lbs again,but eating healthy and am losing .5 to 1 lb per week..i eat 1200 per day or less
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.

^this,
    :heart:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Sigh.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I am 5'2" and I lost vanity pounds by eating 1800. Now, I maintain around 1900 to 2100 or more. And I am 9 years older than you.