40+ and building a community of support!

Options
Hi everyone,

When I first joined MFP I had no real idea what benefits it had in weight loss. I only joined to gain some support for the Fast Metabolism diet plan. After a couple of weeks I met with a dietitian/nutritionist and she suggested using this site as a tool for weight loss so now I use it daily.

Now, I have figured out how to use this site (for the most part) but I can see that having a personal support community (and not just message boards) would be a great help to stay motivated and accountable.

So, if anyone else wants to become friends and support each other on our weight loss journeys, please add me and lets start motivating each other!!

I want to mention that my actual goal is to lose at least 50 lbs but I track 10 lbs at a time to stay motivated (baby steps... a tip from my dietitian).

Viktoria

Replies

• 72maureen
    72maureen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'd like to be part of this community :smile:
  • vikdubbs
    vikdubbs Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Maureen!!
  • willbeskliz
    willbeskliz Posts: 31
    Options
    Me too
  • shellane01
    shellane01 Posts: 13
    Options
    Would love to be a part of it.
  • DebbieStrauch
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm losing weight using this app as well. I'm a wellness coordinator with Juice Plus and decided to add fitness certification to this. I'm studying to become a personal trainer as well. I have 34 pounds to lose by next February 2014, this is when I graduate. I want to help others lose weight like I did so I'm doing some hard work here and also need support.

I'm a great encourager so if you need help staying positive, well, we can help each other!!! Looking forward to losing together....having insulin resistance and hypothyroidism works against me so I'm determined to fight back with good clean food and exercise and watching my caloric intake. Talk soon and have a blessed day.
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm new too, just started a few days ago and looking for support. I'll add you as a friend:smile:
  • emeraldj18
    emeraldj18 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have found MFP community to be very motivational!!! This is the most success I have had with weight loss !! I am motivated and ready to shed thes pounds and to look better and feel better about myself and most of all I want to LIVE an healthy and productive life!!!:laugh:
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 45 years old and just starting my 3rd week of exercise.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    i am 48. I'm in!
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 41,been on MFP for a year and can't live without it. I love interacting with my friends. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • brendabuffington10
    brendabuffington10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just started coming back to this site and it has been every motivational and supportive
  • wilkinsonlk
    wilkinsonlk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    count me in too! Im 46 and just coming back to MFP. This time hopefully will take it more seriously. Feel freeto add me.
  • SeaTelyn
    SeaTelyn Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm 52 and back to MFP to loose what I lost originally and more! I gave up on me and now that I have found me again, I am bound and determined to succeed in the long run, by not only loosing the weight, but by getting into shape, changing my lifestyle to support a healthy lifestyle and live a long life! Count me in!:happy:
  • nancy9801
    nancy9801 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. Have 50lbs to lose. 48 years old. Need to get this weight off but more importantly need to live a healthier life .
  • christophewatte
    Options
    I wanna join too, I'm 46 and trying hard to follow up my food and exercises but not losing much weight
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I love MFP! I log everything, I love to exercise, and am on here daily.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm 40 and have been doing this a long time. I lost 70lbs over 20 years ago and kept it off for the most part. Feel free to add me for support/motivation! :)
  • simplybee713
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 46 and just started tracking 2 days ago. Please add me to the list. Looking forward encouraging and being encouraged.
  • jpetersen61
    Options
    How about 50+. I have 25 pounds to loose and I would like some people to lean on.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Add me if you'd like....turned 40 in January.