Protein Bars ( Only 3 Ingredients ) + Picture

Options

Replies

• happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    when u guys figure out the calories and stuff let me know
    u are gonna have to figur e it out if u arre gonna try it
    huh??? you cant get these 3 ingredients out of your pantry, measure out the quantity and add it up?
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    huh??? you cant get these 3 ingredients out of your pantry, measure out the quantity and add it up?

This.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump to try for later! yum!
  • RUGGEDGerit
    RUGGEDGerit Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty! What is the consistency like? Are they super sticky?
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lots of pathetic laziness itt......

thanks for sharing op. they look tasty!
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can use this site to calculate nutritional data for any recipe:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?ns=1
  • TheFutureMrsClark
    TheFutureMrsClark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gettingmy_lifeback
    gettingmy_lifeback Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1 cup of oats is not 150 calories, more like 360
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

This.

There is a recipe builder on this very site that is pretty easy to use and will help you figure out calories per serving...
  • hunny1978
    hunny1978 Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks,
    Going to have to try this :)
    I looked up all the items and brand that he had pictures. With the ammounts that he has listed the whole batch is 790 Calories. not sure how many servings that makes from the looks of that pan I am going to guess at least 4 lol That would be 197 Calories each.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    HELP!
    I made some protein bars (didn't follow this recipe) & they were VERY gloopy. I threw them in the freezer & they set. So I took them out & put them in the fridge & now they've gone to slop again. I've added more oats, hoping this will fix the prob??
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i did a ratio of 2:2:1...

2 c oats
    2 c protein powder
    1 c peanut butter

i pulsed my oats a few times in the food processor to break them down a bit. mixed the peanut butter in by hand until it was crumbly. added water by the TBSP until i liked the consistency and shaped them out into bars (got about 14). holy cow, guys...you add in some dark chocolate shavings and use a vanilla based protein powder...this stuff tastes like COOKIE DOUGH!!! no joke! my kid sister stole one from me because she doesn't believe it's "diet" food. i suppose you could use a chocolate based protein powder and get something like chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies...these were just best of everything...peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough...breakfast just became my favorite meal of the day!

edit: these do not have to be super duper sticky. watch how much water you add back in. if you monitor it, and mix WELL with each additional tbsp of water, you will have a fantastic doughy consistency. they harden nicely in the fridge, but mine are all stored in the freezer (to hide from the sis)
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options

What??!! :noway:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So people who post recipes, why can't you enter them into the 'recipe' app here on MFP and post the breakdown for calories, protein, carbs, etc.? Certainly would be thoughtful, helpful and considerate.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump for later, thanks!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    i did a ratio of 2:2:1...

2 c oats
    2 c protein powder
    1 c peanut butter

i pulsed my oats a few times in the food processor to break them down a bit. mixed the peanut butter in by hand until it was crumbly. added water by the TBSP until i liked the consistency and shaped them out into bars (got about 14). holy cow, guys...you add in some dark chocolate shavings and use a vanilla based protein powder...this stuff tastes like COOKIE DOUGH!!! no joke! my kid sister stole one from me because she doesn't believe it's "diet" food. i suppose you could use a chocolate based protein powder and get something like chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies...these were just best of everything...peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough...breakfast just became my favorite meal of the day!

edit: these do not have to be super duper sticky. watch how much water you add back in. if you monitor it, and mix WELL with each additional tbsp of water, you will have a fantastic doughy consistency. they harden nicely in the fridge, but mine are all stored in the freezer (to hide from the sis)

awesome. I could use some fake cookie dough right about now. yum and thanks OP for posting
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    these bars are DELICIOUS!
    this is my second time making my own protein bars & this recipe is way better than the previous one.

You Need:
    - Gold Standard Whey Protein ( Cookies & Cream )
    - 100% Whole Grain Oats
    - All-Natural Peanut Butter
    + Water

Directions:
    Microwave about 1/4 cup of water & 1/4 cup of peanut butter for 1minute.
    Then add it to a mixing bowl of 1 scoop whey protein & 1 cup of oats.
    Mix. Shape. Refrigerate.

2lasufc.jpg

Thank You. I can not wait to eat these. Yum. I was looking for something I could take to work.