The B shaped belly

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
I have one of those, a horrible flabby B shaped belly.

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Replies

• Queen8shaq
    Queen8shaq Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump. B belly shpae here too.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 2 fat rolls around your torso, 1 below belly button and 1 above?

I have that belly and I'm pretty sure it's just extra fat. My top roll is vanishing with my new lifestyle.

I'm seriously researching heavy lifting and cross fit. It seems like those fitness plans net the best results for losing the abdominal fat.
  • Nataliieexo
    Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have one aswell and im hoping it goes away and i'll one day have a flat stomach.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Following because I have it too. I just assumed it would go away when I lost the weight, but I've pretty much always had it, even when I was a lot thinner so IDK.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Except I've mostly lost the top of the B (it comes back when I'm bloated though) but the bottom half REFUSES to shift. Really, really hoping I can get rid of it with a few more pounds. However, I have a sticky-out rib cage and think that even with very little flat on my stomach, a perfectly flat belly is probably something I will never have because of my shape.
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have one of those two and I have never been able to get rid of it. Even when I got down to my lowest weight a couple of years ago, it was still there. It was like I lost from the "inside" if that makes any sense! The rolls didn't disappear, they just got closer to my body! I am pretty much resigned to always having it and never feeling comfortable showing off my midriff, which is really disappointing. I know people who are bigger and heavier than me who look better in a bikini simply because they have a flat (or slightly rounded) tummy. I have a smaller waist measurement but I look worse because of the rolls!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have one of those two and I have never been able to get rid of it. Even when I got down to my lowest weight a couple of years ago, it was still there. It was like I lost from the "inside" if that makes any sense! The rolls didn't disappear, they just got closer to my body! I am pretty much resigned to always having it and never feeling comfortable showing off my midriff, which is really disappointing. I know people who are bigger and heavier than me who look better in a bikini simply because they have a flat (or slightly rounded) tummy. I have a smaller waist measurement but I look worse because of the rolls!

I always feel this with the bikini issue - I know my stomach is not necessarily bigger than many other people's but they look so much better because their fat is sort of spread evenly and smoothly. So frustrating!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I never heard it referred to as a B shaped belly.
  • RhondaOnAJourney
    RhondaOnAJourney Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I see a lot of success stories with before and after pictures that include a lot of rounded tummys in the before photos but very rarely see the B.

Has anyone else got the B shape? why have we got this shape? or has anyone lost this B shape tummy and got themselves a lovely flat stomach?

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Except I've mostly lost the top of the B (it comes back when I'm bloated though) but the bottom half REFUSES to shift. Really, really hoping I can get rid of it with a few more pounds. However, I have a sticky-out rib cage and think that even with very little flat on my stomach, a perfectly flat belly is probably something I will never have because of my shape.

Yep this is me too... I guess it's more like a lowercase b belly now, lol. I remember having this belly since I was around 10 - I've never got rid of it at any point in my life so far, even when I was at my lightest weight. My body just loves storing fat in my lower tummy :(. The depressing thing is - my mum is exactly the same. I feel like I'll never get a flat tummy EVER and I'm so desperate to have one...

I'm trying a heavy lifting plan now to see if that helps... it's something I've never done before, so you never know!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    HI:

I had the B shaped core as well.

Lots of core exercises (push ups, planks, dog bird, pike on a medicine ball, Inverted pushup in the rack etc, etc) and a lot of weight lifting has helped me eliminate the top part of the B. No crunches though. The only sit up set is with a weight at the inclined bench.

I still have a smaller lower round belly but I keep working the core exercises at least once a week. If I do not, I can see my core start getting flabby again. I just have to keep on plugging along.

Good luck in your journey
  • sherrihuntsmith
    sherrihuntsmith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have one too. It sucks. So i will wear a one piece and blow everyone away with my little waist!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Just focus on eating at a calorie deficit and exercising. The current shape of your body matters much less than what you do now to reach your goals.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options

Research body types (it sounds like you're an endomorph which means you need to eat less carbs and more protein and fat). I don't have a "B" belly, but I have a belly, but it's dwindling now that I know what I should be eating. I was clean eating like crazy, but I was eating too many carbs.

What.
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I always feel this with the bikini issue - I know my stomach is not necessarily bigger than many other people's but they look so much better because their fat is sort of spread evenly and smoothly. So frustrating!

Already replied to this thread but I wanna add that I feel the same pain!! I always have to make sure the bikini bottoms come up high enough to cover my belly. I really wish I could wear a tiny pair of bikini bottoms!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

What.

Ludicrous
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When I was skinny, I had a belly than had a perfect line down the middle like it was in two halves and I hated it. Now obese, I have a B belly. I don't think I'll ever like my belly, but that's okay.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    B is for belly. That's good enough for me.
  • LittleSmurfX
    Options
    I have had this, and slightly still do but it's going with clean eating and exercises focussed on the abs (:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Buy a vowel.