Hip Dips, and why you should become a hermit if you have one

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
So apparently a hip dip is a thing.

It's the area on your body where, on some people, there is an indent between the top of your leg and your hip.

I have this. I never thought anything of it.

But today, the Internet informed me that they are bad.

So now, I will retire to my bedroom and hide in the dark so nobody needs to gaze upon my horribly deformed body.

I often wonder what will be next on the list of "Things That Will Literally Never Change About Your Body That You Must Hate'. from the absence of a thigh gap to hip dips, I'm thinking the next horrible disfigurement might be attached earlobes. Or having a second toe that's longer than all the others. Or widows peaks. Or cleft chins. I have all of those, so I'm just going to start wearing a burka.

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just googled.... I have one too! :noway:

I never even thought about it before but now I am LOL :sad:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    "Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine the other day. If I didn't do leg work, I wouldn't have them. I will stop doing squats.

After I'm dead.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand why they're even an issue?

Like if I'm going to get squelchy with someone, take my clothes off, and they see it and promptly throw themselves out the window?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    To properly analyze this issue, I'm afraid I will need a clear picture of the area.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I think they meant derp derp.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I have them. I will deactivate my account shortly.
  • LittleSmurfX
    Options
    I have one, well goodbye social life then (:
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    OFGS whatever next!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The Urban Dictionary defined Hip Dips as this:

Usually refers to a guy's ripped obliques, which are like plainly visible arrows pointing to his happy place.
    "Perfection reached up and grabbed the bar to show me the proper form when using it, and as he reached up over his head, his shirt went up and he revealed his HIP DIPS."

So with that definition, I'd say they were a GOOD thing! :happy: :blushing:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I was told by the judge signing my restraining orders that my unhealthy obsession with nekkid ladies was a bad thing. I don't see that leaving me anytime soon.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.

IOW: Pics, or GTFO.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but you will need to provide a reference to the peer-reviewed journal where these were the empirical evidence pointed to these as a bad thing. Otherwise, I'll just assume that somebody was trolling. And that goes double if it's a Slate article.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    So apparently a hip dip is a thing.

It's the area on your body where, on some people, there is an indent between the top of your leg and your hip.

I have this. I never thought anything of it.

But today, the Internet informed me that they are bad.

So now, I will retire to my bedroom and hide in the dark so nobody needs to gaze upon my horribly deformed body.

I often wonder what will be next on the list of "Things That Will Literally Never Change About Your Body That You Must Hate'. from the absence of a thigh gap to hip dips, I'm thinking the next horrible disfigurement might be attached earlobes. Or having a second toe that's longer than all the others. Or widows peaks. Or cleft chins. I have all of those, so I'm just going to start wearing a burka.

Omg, please hide immediately! Gross!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I thought hip dips were a kind of side plank exercise!

But I do have hip dips according to the description from the OP. I think I will put myself in stasis until a cure is invented.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Like if I'm going to get squelchy with someone, take my clothes off, and they see it and promptly throw themselves out the window?

They will sue you for not disclosing that fact immediately upon meeting them. You should have to wear a sign or badge or something.
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ha, even when I was 140lbs on a 5'10 frame I still had this so called "hip dip". Ridiculous the crap both men and women come up with to make people feel bad about their bodies. Personally I think it's feminine and signals to men "I'm of breeding age, come hither". <<-only half joking there
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbaAg6f9jc

It's Katt Williams...if you aren't prepared for language and click the link anyway you deserve to be offended.
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    To properly analyze this issue, I'm afraid I will need a clear picture of the area.

um hum... *roll eyes*
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hipdip_zps758c4ca5.png

hipdip_zps6abb9da7.jpg