Weight loss and boob loss

Options

Replies

• stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Not only are my boobs smaller (went from busting out of a 36 DD to barely filling a 34 C), but the skin is stretched out :( It's not BAD, but you can definitely tell that they used to be big. I'm thinking about plastic surgery when this is all said and done. Just to tighten up the skin, and if they get any smaller I may or may not get implants to keep a modest 34 C... eh, maybe D.
  • lynn557
    lynn557 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wish I could feel your pain. After 14-20lbs of weight loss I went from a 32F to a 32G..

The back of my bra is too big though so dropping to a 30G as soon as i find somewhere that does bras in that size :(

Try Bravissimo, think there is a shop in your neck of the woods otherwise go on line.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    if losing ur boobs is making u sad then get a boob job. granted they wont be natural but if it'll make you feel bettter than go for it :)
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I don't speak for all guys but... I'd rather my wife be healthy and be around longer than have large breasts.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand how you feel. I have been losing pretty proportionately (bust & ribcage about the same loss) so far which brings it's own set of problems--it is hard to find smaller band, larger cup bras locally for many women. I still have about 30 lbs to lose & I know that if I lose my boobs I am definitely buying a new pair. It's all about being happy with yourself. I haven't done all of this just to be unhappy with the end results. I know that I'll need plastic surgery anyway to get rid of my loose skin.

I do want to chime in that if you are changing bra sizes due to weight loss, please do not go to Victoria's Secrets to get measured. They do a horrible job & their whole measurement system is flawed & will give you a bra that is too large in the band so your cup size will be wrong as well. Look for a Nordstrom's or a bra specialty shop in your area to give you a proper fitting. You can get sexy, well fitting bras at other stores besides VS.
  • geralynhoerauf
    geralynhoerauf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I never said I care what other people think, I'm talking about how the loss is making me feel about myself :)

This is sad. I hope you can develop some confidence and realize that breast-size does not define you as a person.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OMG... I wish my boobs would go down.. I am at a DDD.. Dam.. But I know that I cant spot weight loss so I will continue until these things go down. I have had them all my life :( I will be ok if I go down a few cups!
  • PinkyMouse
    PinkyMouse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Confidence is in your head, not in your boops !! You are A LOT MORE than a pair of boops !!!
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    As you can see in my picture, I am very top heavy. I've been big, small, big, and now I am going to be small again. I gain and loose in my boobs 1st and I hate to see them go. I had been skinny at a younger age and missed them at the time. But now I look back at pictures of me skinny and although they are smaller...a lot smaller than they are now. They were still proportionate and looked good. I guess what I'm saying is try not to get depressed about a number. I'm sure you look great with or with the extra on top. Take a picture and look at it, not the mirror. The mirror lies!
  • DMJS
    Options
    That is a good way to describe what I've done. The biggest problem with that is when I gained the weight back I never "LOOKED" re-inflated. We have to eat right to get our skin to conform to the new us. The right bra is key to looking good and feeling good about myself.
  • DMJS
    Options
    Can I just comment about your tracker. The amount of weight you lost is awesome and I love the transformation in the tracker. What an inspiration!
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was the one blessed in the family with the big boobs! Lol I'm the youngest of 3 girls.... I got the boobs and hips... I have always had a bigger bust even when I was skinny in high school... 36d!! Now I had 2 kids and way heavier I'm in a 38dd... I cannot wait to have to shop for a big bra anymore....although my hubby likes it...I don't!! I'm hoping one day to be back down to a D cup!!! :)
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) I'm getting really down about losing my boobs along with the weight loss. I tried on a dress yesterday and just broke down in tears, as its like I have nothing up top anymore compared to before. They were the only part of me I liked before losing weight as well.
    I still have around 10ish pounds to lose and to be honest the thought of my boobs getting even more smaller is making me not want to bother, I know this is stupid but its how I feel right now.

Has anyone felt down about their boobs while losing weight? How did you deal with it? Thanks for any feedback xx

First let me say I I feel your frustration! It really comes down to 2 things (IMHO) 1. if you are actually a larger chested lady genetically (or more so just because you were carring extra weight overall) 2. Is your body fat on the lower side? I have been up and down the boob ladder seriously from my largest a month ago 34H! To my smallest 3 or 4 years ago 30B! As a kid growing up I never was considered small chested I was always "good sized" full C/small D but as I gained weight my cups grew which was pretty cool at first as the rest of my body wasn't really "large" yet I was just curvy without being fat. Then I just got plain fat
    =-S

As I begain to lose weight my beast shrank...but I really swunk the opposite way and developed an eating disorder and had very LITTLE body fat and had very little breast tissue. As I began to get better and entered recovery for my E/D and gained weight my breast filled out a bit more and I think I setteled back into a C/D again...but I think that's because that was natural for my body once I accepted stick thin wasn't where MY body naturally wanted to be. Around 125 (give or take a a few) on me is more "natural" which means more like a size 6/8 not a size 0.

So, I said all of that to say that I think part of it is just nature, but the other part is being honest about your goals and what you are trying to achieve...are you trying to go against what your body wants to set some goal that you "think" you should? Only you know what is right for you and that may mean less boobs (naturally anyways). But you gotta decide what is most important your weight/size/shape (ect) goal or breast size. Sometimes we gotta pick =-)

Good luck to you.
  • smalls9686
    Options
    I wish I could feel your pain. After 14-20lbs of weight loss I went from a 32F to a 32G..

The back of my bra is too big though so dropping to a 30G as soon as i find somewhere that does bras in that size :(

Have you tried Norstroms? They have an awesome Selection of Bras I was fitted a little over a month of ago I came in wearing a 36 DDD and went out wearing a 34h now after 16 pounds I am already now to a 34 FFF!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    felt a bit down at first, then I got used to it. Much better this way :3 if some top part is loose, I can always use a different bra. the rest of me looks good in most clothes now so I'm happy ^^
  • smalls9686
    Options
    I agree with other posters that said to get measured and buy a pretty bra that fits. It will make you feel a little bit better. If you haven't been measured at a Victoria Secret in the last few years, go there. I'm pretty sure they do vanity sizing, which for me helps, even though I know what they're doing. I went from a 36C to a 34B and was having mixed feelings about it. However, I just got measured at VS and was told I am a 32 DD. I knew it was size magic/marketing on their part meant to make me feel good and pay extra for a bra, BUT it worked. I did in fact feel good about it and happily paid twice as much for a bra that has the letters DD on the tag : )

Sorry, but I have to say if you want to actually have a good fitting bra DO NOT go to VS they don't know how to fit they don't even carry that many sizes. Heck when you look at their ads most of the models in their own bras don't even fit properly. They don't even carry many smaller band sizes with larger cups ehich is crazy considering how many women are getting implants these days so small ribcage and larger cups would seem to be more common. Skip them!

Biggest thing I learned was about the center needing to sit flatly against your rib cage I had NEVER had that before. Norstoms has the BEST fitters of any mainstream retailer I have been to. I went as a 36DDD and came out a 34H...I'm just saying they know their stuff!

The BEST fitting article:
    http://www.boosaurus.com/2012/02/bra-fitting-five-signs-of-poor-fit.html
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I can identify. I went from a DDD to a full C. And I have nursed 2 babies, so the elasticity is lacking. I used to get sad about it, but honestly I have to think about how happy I am to be healthy now. Tell you what though, if I had to choose between a six pack and the rest of my boobs, I can deal with a slighty fleshy tummy.

And at least I still have my booty. And I can squat to my heart's delight and make it big, big, bigger. ;)
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you can always "enhance" that area if you are that self-conscience about it.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel...I was always small chested, (especially in comparison to my butt) and after I lost the weight the little I had went with it.

I did try and come to terms with it and accept it, which I did for a while. However, I've decided to change it for myself.

I'll officially have D's in 16 days :drinker:
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel...I was always small chested, (especially in comparison to my butt) and after I lost the weight the little I had went with it.

I did try and come to terms with it and accept it, which I did for a while. However, I've decided to change it for myself.

I'll officially have D's in 16 days :drinker:

creeper alert...

pics?!