Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question For The Ladies On This Board!

1235»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    I'm currently on lose 1/2 pound a week plan and my daily calorie allowance is 1420. I try to exercise everyday and eat back around 80% of that.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I was eating 1800-1900 and losing relatively steadily, but I went on a diet break and vacation and lost several pounds. So, now I think I'm going to try to aim between 1800-2400, and not worry about it as much and just see what happens. I also don't measure my progress just by the scale, I also look at my measurements and how my clothes are fitting. And strength gains in the gym. Squats are going so much better now that I'm eating more. :laugh:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    1100 to 1200 per day. I'm just in week 2, but typically I can't really lose with more then that. Less than that and I don't feel very good, so I try to stay around that. When I exercise I don't usually up my calorie count, just my water.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Ladies who have successfully lost weight: do you follow MFP's recommended calories, or TDEE?

I'm 5'10.5
    231 pounds

MFP recommended 1540 per day, but that seems a little low :huh:
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    I'm currently eating 1200 a day (more if i work out, I try to eat back at least half the calories), coming up from eating 500 a day. I'm losing weight. working with my therapist, I'm hoping to increase slowly to 1500 starting in a month.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    I eat around 1600-1750/day...Some days a bit more. I'm just under 5'3" and currently weigh 137.6lbs. I exercise 5 days/week...3 days heavy lifting/weight training 2 days cardio. I am steadily losing weight but not always weekly. I will sometimes go a week and a half - 2 weeks with no loss and the drop 1.5-2lbs...sometimes will lose 1lb (just under)/ week. My body is weird and my chart/graph looks like steps but as long as I'm consistently losing, I'm happy. It works out to roughly 3-4lbs/ month which is a healthy loss.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Let's not forget age! Ladies, as we age it becomes harder to lose weight, which tends to settle around our middles.

I am 5'5", 146, trying to get to 130, and I usually net around 1300/day, BUT I am 61 and the pounds come off veeerrry sloooowly.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I eat anywhere from 1700-1800 & if I exercise I try & eat at least some of them back.

I lose anywhere from a pound or 1.5 pounds a week.

I'm 5'5" & 211 pounds currently.