Does falling in love burn calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that men tend to be the initiators for extra sweets and desserts, so if this pisses the female off and they get into a fight.. I could see how that burns calories.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The falling in love part, I'd say no not really. But the long term relationship part can burn tons of calories, if you play it right. Think of it like this: "I rode my bike to avoid stress. Then she followed me in the car."
  • Cthodge
    Cthodge Posts: 10
    Options
    I was once stalked by a chic from 2000 plus miles away !! True story !!! She actually flew to where I lived to stalk me but I'm not complaining !!! ;-)
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If you are expressing your love, I would say yes, that burns calories for sure (especially if you are the one doing the work).
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    NOPE
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I doubt it. You eat out more. You have less time to exercise because you want to spend time with them. For most people being in a relationship is a recipe for weight gain...

Where do I sign up?
    Been single forever.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I was once stalked by a chic from 2000 plus miles away !! True story !!! She actually flew to where I lived to stalk me but I'm not complaining !!! ;-)

Oh wow! So whatever happened with that? I'm intrigued!
  • Cthodge
    Options
    She went from being my stalker to being the love of my life !!! :-)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    She went from being my stalker to being the love of my life !!! :-)

Awwww, I can so relate!!! :love:
  • Cthodge
    Options
    I bet you can MissFit I bet you can !!! ;-)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Well it usually does things to my appetite and energy level that leads to a weight drop, same could be said for break ups. I think it ups some hormone or another that helps me burn hotter..but I'm afraid I don't have the facts or the desire to back that statement up so take it at face value.

Its the fat and happy in-betweens that add the weight...and I soooo want to be at the fat and happy stage again...without the weight gain, of course...:ohwell:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Stalking is a much more effective weight loss tool. Your heart rate is elevated for a much longer period of time and running when the cops show up always takes out a few hundred extra calories. You wouldn't believe how many calories it takes to follow someone around the mall unseen and when she went into V.S. my heart was racing thinking of what she had in those bags when she came out of the store.

I wear a HRM to be sure but there are times I exceed 180 bmp :heart: :heart:

heee heee.
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    Stalking is a much more effective weight loss tool. Your heart rate is elevated for a much longer period of time and running when the cops show up always takes out a few hundred extra calories. You wouldn't believe how many calories it takes to follow someone around the mall unseen and when she went into V.S. my heart was racing thinking of what she had in those bags when she came out of the store.

I wear a HRM to be sure but there are times I exceed 180 bmp :heart: :heart:

haha this is too funny!! :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    In my experience love magically adds calories. Divorce, on the other hand, was the best "diet" I ever went on.

Yep. .Marriage made me fat dumb and happy. . but then everything fell apart and I became enlightened, miserable, and uber-fit!. .I mean . . I looked awesome!

I definitely recommend a nasty divorce to anyone who's trying to lose weight.