Weight loss and boob loss

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When I started, my bust measurement was 42" and I wore a 36DD. Now I'm a about a 32D/34C and my measurement is 32", so I've lost 10" around my bust!

I really don't mind at all though, it's just never bothered me. I am actually happier with the size of my breasts now because I can easily fit into bathing suits, dresses, and tops, and before it was hard!

But, if you are really worried about it, I don't think there's anything wrong with maintaining your weight now instead of losing another 10 pounds...the point is to be happy with your body and it's completely up to you to decide when you've reached that point!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad at all! I think even if they reduce in size, you look fabulous overall and that's what matters!!

Ever since I lost weight, I feel like my breasts look more shapely and my figure looks better than it used to (used to be just a round lump from breasts to my stomach lol). I look at the overall picture and it really gives me a dose of a greater self-esteem that I need!
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY relate. I've always had REALLY nice boobs (naturally a 34D) and after my first baby,they became completely deflated. I then lost 20lbs and it made them even worse! 8 months ago i just had my second baby and i'm still nursing,which I love and am happy i am able to but I am seeing my boobs once again look deflated and yucky. My husband is a 'boob man'. He would never say it,but i know he like them when they were fuller. Not that I just want to make him happy but my boobs were MY biggest asset! HAHA!
    I am seriously contemplating getting a boob job once i lose all the weight i plan on losing. Not to make them HUGE but to give them some fullness again. A full C would be nice... ;)
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction at 24yrs old and, as you can see in my pic....they grew back. I'm hoping with the weight loss, they'll deflate into sacks of goo and then I'll get a lift and some implants to have the boobs I always wanted. ROFL! No, really. I want B-cups for ONCE in my life!! I went from NO training bra to 38DDs...to Gs...in 8th grade. Not cool. :/
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    If you have a B cup or higher, I think you should be grateful, personally.
  • mak061
    mak061 Posts: 19
    Options
    quite a few fit young girls i have seen recently are B's even A's.
    wouldnt worry about it personally. big boobs only get in the way when working out lol
  • rosalenda
    rosalenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling this way myself for about a month or so now and it has affected my confidence also. When I'm in clothing, it's not that big of a deal, but otherwise it is. They are deflating but what I don't understand is why still the access skin?? It's almost like a hole there now when lying down. Weird! To the person who said we are not defined by our boobs or whatever, I understand that myself, but at the same time. WE ALL want to feel pretty and sexy and that doesn't make you feel sexy at all... I'm weight training and I really try to work my chest hard in an attempt to tighten them up but not much luck so far. I am happy that I'm living healthier and am losing weight, but I would also like to know how I can tighten up the boobs..... ????????????
  • jgirlredzz
    jgirlredzz Posts: 21
    Options
    Ah, breasts... for me the last to grow and the first to go when it comes to gaining and losing weight.
    I was so upset about it when I began to see real results from my weight loss (I've lost almost 40 lbs). I was considering surgery and despairing over the cost.

And then I had a spiritual revelation. I have a meditation practice that I engage in more days than not (we all forget to get quiet sometimes) and I decided to release the "problem" into my silence of meditation. Some call this giving the "problem" to God.

Over a pretty short period of time, my breasts didn't change but how I saw them did. I stopped wearing padded bras all the time I got comfortable in the sexiness of my athletic and "subtle" bust line :-p

Beauty is everywhere (even in the mirror) if we open up to see it. It is in the curve of your newly formed bicep, the pride in your eyes over your accomplishments, the glow of your skin from a good workout, and yes, even in the sloped line of your now smaller breast.
  • rosalenda
    rosalenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ah, breasts... for me the last to grow and the first to go when it comes to gaining and losing weight.
    I was so upset about it when I began to see real results from my weight loss (I've lost almost 40 lbs). I was considering surgery and despairing over the cost.

And then I had a spiritual revelation. I have a meditation practice that I engage in more days than not (we all forget to get quiet sometimes) and I decided to release the "problem" into my silence of meditation. Some call this giving the "problem" to God.

Over a pretty short period of time, my breasts didn't change but how I saw them did. I stopped wearing padded bras all the time I got comfortable in the sexiness of my athletic and "subtle" bust line :-p

Beauty is everywhere (even in the mirror) if we open up to see it. It is in the curve of your newly formed bicep, the pride in your eyes over your accomplishments, the glow of your skin from a good workout, and yes, even in the sloped line of your now smaller breast.
    I like the way you think Ms. jgirlredzz!! I am very happy with what God gives me on a daily basis and very thankful indeed!! I had just began to struggle with the fact that they just didn't seem right but I guess with every change comes more and more change. I will continue to work hard and I know the results will continue to reflect those efforts. ♥
  • crystalweekes
    crystalweekes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    no matter how much weight i have lost my cup size still remains 46 dd for some reason...all natural...this is probably because i always wear 4 bras when working out so the girls dont move..it helps i think..and i wear two on a regular basis
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There are upsides, jogging is less ridiculous and sundresses and lower cut summer tops look much more innocent when your bust is smaller. Eye contact is off putting at first but you get used to it ;D I went from an A to a C and back down again, the girls were the first of my weight to go. You look amazing btw, Congrats on your loss.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Boobs, schmoobs. Those funbags are nothing but fat and eventually, yeah they're gonna go bye bye. While it's nice to have them, they come at a cost which is usually the rest of your body being fluffy too. I'd rather be thin with small boobs...less for me to tuck in my belt when I hit 60.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am a little shocked at how many women are upset about going from a DD to a C or anything larger than that to a smaller size. Have you noticed that your neck and shoulders don't hurt? You have better posture and when you exercise you don't have to wear multiple sports bras? I went from a DD to a full C 36 to a 32 and I am much happier to be a bit smaller up top. I can wear shirts without busting out of them.

I can understand the ladies who were a C to start out with and now are B's or even maybe an A. I was happy with some of my boob loss.
  • JCulpan
    JCulpan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 38C to 34 A.
    The resulting stretch marks make them look rather unattractive, more like pimples on top of old dishcloths.

I am wondering if I have the confidence to go topless on holiday in spite of them. If I get a tan, they will not be quite so obvious.

While it is disheartening, there are many things I can do to make my profile look good when I am wearing clothes.
    Without clothes, I think of it as the only downside of losing 20kg. The rest of me looks vastly improved.... well I think so. :)

accepting what we think of as short comings in ourselves is really hard, but makes it much easier to live with your self.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the culture. Some cultures are more obsessed with big boobs. Where I come from ppl are quite content with B cup and D would be too big and some will try to hide them coz they feel are too big.
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The BEST fitting article:
    http://www.boosaurus.com/2012/02/bra-fitting-five-signs-of-poor-fit.html
    [/quote]

I love VS bras

*shrug*

Mine are definitely getting smaller as I cut my body fat, I dont mind though as the rest of my body is looking better as well.
    [/quote]

Ok, but did you check out the article? Lol, it's cool to love VS, but why pay 40 bucks for a bra that doesn't fit that is gonna end up making you be saggy quicker. IMHO =-S
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm the opposite, I WISH I would lose some boob.
    ^^^^^ This^^^^^
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that's my biggest fear! My fiance LOVES my boobs! I'm a DD now, when I was thinner in college I was about a C, so I'm hoping I won't go smaller than that, but having had a kid since then, I don't know what they will look like when I get down smaller! I am already starting to get out of a DD, there is starting to be space between the top of the girls and the edge of the bra cup... so I know its happening, but hopefully my guy will still love them because they are part of the healthier me. I will admit though, its one of the things I do love about my plus size body at the moment, probably the only thing I love about the plus size of me lol. :(
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately breast have A LOT of fat content so they will definitely go when you lose a significant amount of weight.

Unlike you girls, I was estastic to lose mine as I was an E and they looked fake on my smaller frame...I am now about a D and they have toned and leaned up too! Great for running!

You're just losing fat that's it! Bras work wonders ;)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I am a little shocked at how many women are upset about going from a DD to a C or anything larger than that to a smaller size. Have you noticed that your neck and shoulders don't hurt? You have better posture and when you exercise you don't have to wear multiple sports bras? I went from a DD to a full C 36 to a 32 and I am much happier to be a bit smaller up top. I can wear shirts without busting out of them.

I can understand the ladies who were a C to start out with and now are B's or even maybe an A. I was happy with some of my boob loss.

AGREED.