"Beyond Diet"...have you tried it? Looking for opinions

Options

Replies

• andreahoots
    Options
    Out of curiosity I looked up reviews on this, and I must say, after looking through the information provided in the "Beyond Diet" I find it funny that so many people were "going off" on how big of a scam they think this is. There is nothing wrong with the information provided in the "Beyond Diet." The things she addresses are facts that have been available for some time now. She has simply provided one more place for people to easily access information, derived from numerous studies, in one spot. It's a proven FACT that eating processed foods can contribute to weight problems; it is a proven FACT that eating too few calories CAN in some cases put your body into starvation mode (not to mention, cutting way back on calories makes it far more difficult to maintain the weight loss after your goal is reached); and it is a proven FACT that eating more often throughout the day can increase your metabolism and make a big difference in weight loss. Those are the highlights. The Beyond Diet just breaks it down into layman's terms for people and helps them recognize some of the foods that contain the "bad stuff" that can potentially cause problems. It's not a scam. She merely put some of the facts together and is giving people easy access to them for a profit. That's the way the world works. Regardless of which foods are chosen, everyone's gotta have a way to put that food on the table.
  • lynziswez
    Options
    I think the point everyone is missing is that this eating program ( not diet ) is fully packaged up already & that is what you are paying for. My biggest problem with sticking to a diet is meal planning, knowing what foods I need in the cupboard to ensure that I maintain my planned eating. Knowing what foods are really good for me ( I wasn't over weight until I joined slimming world to support my daughter I am now 18 months later 21llbs heavier than when I joined them, my daughter is also heavier, this is because we were encouraged to eat everything low fat ... I now know this is the most dangerous advice ever. Low fat means two things, artificial sweeteners, aspartame - poisonous chemicals that change the chemicals in your brain as well as fuel,your body with toxins which are the main cause of cancers)

Ok yes I can spend thousands of hours searching out all the information I might or might not need to create my own successful eating plan. Baring in mind there is so much mis information out there I might not select the right choices. By the time I done all that searching & reading my brain is so frazzled I turn my iPad off & go to bed without implementing any sort of plan. I become totally discouraged & then do nothing about it, other than maybe read some labels when I'm shopping baring in mind I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to be buying blah blah blah get the picture . How do I know this, because this is what I do every month.

This program gives you 60 days worth of meal plans for god sake ... As well as shopping list, metabolism tester, free access to exercise plans. Baking & cooking lessons and so much more ... But once again I hear you all say so what I an find all that on google for free, but it's snot free because you have to find thousands of hours to input what is required to put a healthy informed eating & exercise plan together. These people are the experts & you are paying for their time & expertise.

By the way I am not selling this product I am not participating in this product so I have no reason to take this time out on Mother's Day to write this other than to tell all you naysayers how annoying you all sound. Yes of course you all know better than someone who has spent years firstly training & earning qualifications in exercise & healthy lifestyle. Who not only lost the weiGht but has managed to maintain that weight loss for ten years & who has spent months putting a schedule together so that any one who chooses to pay the fee can have everything all packaged up & ready to start the change for their new healthily lifestyle within an instant. Not really a lot to pay for all that is it really !!!!
  • lynziswez
    Options
    Well said andrea
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @marsha3x LOL... settle down would ya? Before you attacking me please do some research.

The point of my post was how common it is for people to sign up just to reply to posts so that they can promote the products, when someone with 1 post says how great the product is, is usually a sign of one of those people from the company itself self-promoting.

I work as a programmer and I know companies are contracted out to do exactly as I mentioned above and unfortunately these "companies" hire people in the 3rd world countries who will do this for pennies. It is truly sad.
  • tdelam
    tdelam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @marsha3x LOL... settle down would ya? Before you attacking me please do some research.

The point of my post was how common it is for people to sign up just to reply to posts so that they can promote the products, when someone with 1 post says how great the product is, is usually a sign of one of those people from the company itself self-promoting.

I work as a programmer and I know companies are contracted out to do exactly as I mentioned above and unfortunately these "companies" hire people in the 3rd world countries who will do this for pennies. It is truly sad.
  • freido90
    freido90 Posts: 4
    Options
    Beyond diet to me is just clean eating. I hate when people say all you have to do is count calories to loose weight. "Calories in ,calorie out" is a lazy way of dieting. 400 calories of chips is totally different from 400 calories of vegetables. Sure if you eat less you'll loose weight, but if you're eating crap you're going to have a higher chance of caving and gaining it back. If you are allowed 2000 calories a day and you eat 1800 with the "calorie in and out" mentality verses eating 2000 calories of hearty foods you'll loose weight with both, but have better results with the latter. Good foods and fat burn fat and crap food keeps fat.

I'm not saying sign up for beyond the diet, but it's definitely good information. Eating clean is as simple as following a few rules.
    1. Drink only water
    2. Eat lean meats and veggies
    3. Eat fruit but limit it bc of the sugar
    4. Limit grains and dairy
    5. Nothing processed, packaged, or from a drive through.
    6. Exercise

Bam easy.
  • KOULEE2011
    Options
    Okay....she's not a certified nutritionist. Here are some information on the certifications she listed on her video which I deeply regret stumbling on because I was just dumbfounded.

Her certifications:
    1.C.H.E.K. is an institute "implementing the art and science performance and well being." Their institute offers the following certifications:
    a. C.H.E.K. Practitioner
    b. C.H.E.K. Exercise Coach
    c. C.H.E.K. Holistc Lifestyle Coach
    d. C.H.E.K. Performance Coach

2.NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) - she didnt't give a specific ceritification, but NASM specilizes in SPORTS medicine.

3.NSCA-CSCS - (CSCS) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialize

All her certifications specializes in MOVEMENTS, with the exception of her NASM certification which includes both sports and nutrition. Now you have to ask yourself, "why is someone who claims to hold certifications in SPORTS/EXERCISE saying that you don't need to count calories and you MUST MUST MUST EAT LOTS OF FOOD IN ORDER TO FINALLY SHED SOME POUNDS?" (Tip number 2: http://www.beyonddiet.com/l/th1-v1-st15-ofr1-c2?utm_expid=54222004-18&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ads_dco-us&gclid=CL_jnaHDlrYCFeZFMgodugYAeQ)

She's teaching against the rule that was taught to her and thats, Diets that emphasizes no exercises are fads; they are trying to sell you something; IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. The tactic she is using is to make you say, "OH!! I don't have to work out to lose weight." The information she gives on food are probably true but the fact that you can eat without exercising, or in other words as she hid it in the message "you don't have to count calories" is...bogus. The way she marketed herself is telling you that you don't have to do any work. She's offering you an easy way out. Now....admit to yourself...you like the easy way out don't you? Who doesn't like the easy say out?? Eating and no work?? In fact, as her number two rule states, "you must must must eat more to finally shed the pounds." It sure sounds good doesn't it. See how she emphasized "MUST EAT MORE?" Anyone who is serious enough to lose weight will have to WORK WORK WORK! I can guarantee that she didn't just eat her way out of those jeans - I mean....she's a certified SPORTS AND CONDITIONING coach; they desing workout programs to increase sports performance!!!! I bet she worked her *kitten* off in the gym to lose that weight she use to have.

Here are some tips I hope will be helpful to some.
    1. 1lb = 3,500 calories. Cut your calorie intake by 500 everyday and exercise, and you will lose 1lb in one week.

2. Carbs (good OR bad sugar), fat, protein are all good for you.
    Carbs provide 4 calories. It's your body's main source of energy for work.
    Protein provides 4 calories. It's what your body uses to restore itself (e.g. hair, fingerhails, muscles)
    Fat provides 9 calories. Are used for specific cell functions; as well as any long physical activity (e.g. walking, jogging, gardening, sitting (yes sitting), etc...)
    SATURATED FAT = bad because of it binds on to your body (vessels, arteries, veins, etc..) that's why people get clogs in their heart (among other reasons).
    TRANSFAT = worst than saturated fat
    MONOUNSATURATED FAT = good for you (one of the reasons some olive oils are good for you)

3. Calories = energy. It's a unit of energy. You NEED CALORIES TO FUNCTION.

4. Don't go in the gym and walk or jog at 5 miles per hour for one hour. Once your body adapts to that work out, it will burn less calories. Many people waste countless hours jogging and walking in the gym.
    Look up circuit training or high intensity training
    Do this equation: (220-age) x .65. This is heart rate beats per minute. Keep your heart rate at this number or above (consult a doctor before starting this or any work out program because if you are sedentary or have a medical condition, working out will cause you harm and maybe even death).

5. Some physical acitivity is better than none.

6. It's okay to eat "JUNK FOOD." Don't deprive yourself of a burger, cake, ice cream, etc..the problem with deprivation is you're going to crave it so much that when you do eat it, you will most likely binge.

7. Have a balance diet. Eat nutrition dense food and don't deprive yourself of any of these food. Deprivation in a certain a nutrition leads to problems. You can look up the nutiriton info yourself.

8. Fasting/food reduction/starvation leads to binge eat. That's why you may hear some people say that it's actually bad to eat small meals. You just have to be smart about it and not constantly be starving. When you're starving, not only will you be consuming a lot of calories then but you will expand your stomach. Constant expandion of your stomach means you will require more food to become full. MORE MORE MORE food = MORE MORE MORE calories. Remember, 3,500 CALORIES = 1lb.

9. Healthy weight lost is 1 to 3 pounds per week. FACT: losing a signifcant amount of weight, say...40 lb in a month is not good for your health and you are very likely to gain that weightback very quick.

10. Try to always stay positive, plan, and work. Nothing is free.

The rules I follow: have a balance diet, reduce calorie intake, and be physically active (exercise). I'm 5' 5", weight about 148lb and take in about 3,000 calories a day. I do high intensity training 3 hours a day, 6 days a week, and have a yoga class twice a week. I squat 290, bench 250, latpull down 190lb, barbell row 290 lb, barbell shrug 300lb, heal raise 476lb, and I can jump on a 5 feet tall box. I eat a lot but I'm very active. I understand some people may not have the leisure time like I do to work out but all you really need is 30 minutes a day and dumbbells. You don't need a gym membership so don't be discouraged by the fact that you may not have the time or money for a gym memership.

I hope these tips are helpful to some and that I don't get bashed by anyone. Have a good day.

check these linksout:
    choosemyplate.gov
    http://www.calculator.net/weight-loss-calculator.html
    http://www.nutrition.gov/
    http://whfoods.org/nutrientstoc.php

***I'm not a nutritionist or have a degree or certification in any health field (yet), or affiliated with any organization. I'm just a health student taught by high caliber professors and all these information are some of the things I've learned. Always proceed with caution when beginning a health or workout plan and consult a professional, especially if you are not very active / sedentary, or currently have or have had any health / medical issues.
  • LovelyPhilippa
    Options
    I've been a Beyond Diet member for a year as I love the fact that we can eat wholesome foods all the time. What lead me to her site initially was because I felt I was consuming too much sugar including breads & candies. Beyond Diet is helpful in this matter however I truly believe that this program is simply another diet program out there.
    I never followed her meal plans as they consisted of eating 5 x a day. This is impossible for me at work. We hardly have time to drink water never mind eat! I like that most people say it's about Clean Eating...that is true but also quite a lot of marketing! Sadly, they also do not cater for international taste buds (very few dishes).

Personally, not for me x
  • kbable
    kbable Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I actually joined beyond diet because the lifetime cost is only $40. It's not a fad Isabella is a trained nutritionist all her information in the program is cited and referenced which is very important to me as a doctor. She does her research on everything. I think the value of joining for me has well paid for itself in information and the biggest thing is the recipes. There is an endless supply of recipes posted by those that have joined and by Isabella. The diet isn't dangerous like those no carb diets or shake diets. It is great for diabetics and the types of food you eat really plays a role in digestion, and really how you feel overall. I actually joined not to lose weight but to control my digestive issues without medication and it has been wonderful. It is a change in lifestyle and a change in thinking, but it educates you on what you should and shouldn't be putting in your body. You can make your own decisions on how deeply you want to dive into the program and that's the wonderful thing is that Isabella gives options for vegetarians, gluten free, grain free. Start with just a few things and you'll notice a difference.
  • kbable
    kbable Posts: 2
    Options
    Koulee2011, you're not certified in anything yourself and beyond diet does not encourage you not to workout in any way. In fact there is an exercise log on her website. Never does she say that you can lose lots of weight without exercise but as you get older your metabolism changes and you have to start looking at foods differently and how they affect your body, and you can lose a significant amount of weight just by changing your diet.
  • KOULEE2011
    Options
    @kbable, correct I am not certified in anything yet but watching her video, a lot of the things sure goes against the things that I'm learning while in the process of getting certified. A lot of the things she mentioned in her video are misleading. I'm just against her marketing tactic - but who am I to say? No one really cares because I'm not certified right?
  • jhony94
    jhony94 Posts: 1
    Options
    Beyond diet is a community created by isabel the best selling author of diet solution program . there is a video i saw on youtube MR. Mareed Law Review About Beyond Diet

Here is youtube link of this video Hope you Find Some Goodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZUoH2d85E
  • rippkrl
    rippkrl Posts: 1
    Options
    This site has changed my way of food thinking for the better! I do not follow her diet plan but I do follow her recipes and my whole family enjoys these meals. This makes it alot easier to than having to make two different meals for dinner. I have changed from eating chemicals to organic and the biggest change was switching from sweet n low to stevia and I cant remember the las time I had a soft drink! I highly recommend this site for healthy eating and support!
  • blbrandstatter
    blbrandstatter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    a couple of things...so far i've lost 17 pounds...i attribute that to mfp and beyond diet...isabel is a certified nutritionist just to correct some incorrect information on here. i actually have been writing a blog about my experience with their diet...feel free to check it out... http://boulderevolution.wordpress.com/
    what i found is, yes, all of the information that they have on their site is available online, but i don't have the time to become an expert in weight loss or nutrition. what i like is that she has meal plans, articles and the price isn't a wallet buster...i think about how much money i have spent on fast food, crappy food or a gym membership that goes unused...
    i eat the beyond diet way 80% of the time. of course i have cheat days, but the return to healthy living isn't as long as it has been in the past. it's helped me stay out of the cycle...eat well, not see results quickly, cheat, cheat again...then gain a bunch of weight...feel depressed, then really depressed then get inspired to loss the weight again.
    i recently had knee surgery and was able to lose weight though not being able to exercise at all!!! i don't like to look at things, this vs. that. but consider these two programs working in synergy together to help me lose weight and reach my weight loss goals. not every program works for everyone, but this has been working for me since i became a member.
    i work in sales, selling to diabetic drs. i see hear what they advocate to their patients...it isn't always healthy. they say drink orange juice eat whatever you want, just reduce the amount (see small plate method information). that doesn't make sense at all to me...many of you might say that you don't believe what i'm saying, but it's true. doctors, nurses and CDEs (certified diabetic educators) aren't taught much about nutrition...so they pass what they know along to their patients...that's why they advocate using websites like this, beyond diet, weight watchers...because these companies employ people who have dedicated their lives to healthy living...anyway, sorry for the rant...but i've learned so much this last year about diet and exercise and being patient with weight loss and kind to myself that i felt compelled to share...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I found this website called "Beyond Diet" and was wondering if anyone has tried it out. It cost around $50 to join and they give you tips on proper diet and lots of recipes to try out. They advocate "clean eating" and explain how fat burning happens in your body and what foods you have to avoid that hinders fat loss. Just wondering if its worth it or not? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

For me personally, I'd stick with the free resources - MFP, google, youtube ect. I'm of the opinion that the only food that hinders fat loss is 'too much food.'
  • dirkdeb1
    dirkdeb1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I paid my $49 to beyond diet about a year ago. It's the best $49 I have ever spent. The change in diet that is encouraged can be overwhelming (that's an understatement), but Isabel (the nutritionalist responsible for beyond diet) makes it very clear that it is not a good idea to try to implement all of her strategies all at once. Even if you take one of her suggestions and work on it for awhile, you'll still see results. I have found that to be true!

She is really big on exposing the implications of added sugars...and I have been able to fact check her claims with well-respected sites like Mayo Clinic. She really is onto something. I have her to thank not only for solving my anemia problem, but has brought my chronic 275ish cholesterol level down to 210 and dropping! I have struggled with that for YEARS, doing everything my doctors said...limit red meat, eggs, foods containing cholesterol, eat more oatmeal, exercise...with little or no results. When beyond diet suggested eggs DO NOT raise your cholesterol (because of the good cholesterol the yolk contains), I thought that idea was crazy...until I did more research, and ate more eggs, less sugar, and less processed foods. Then and only then did my cholesterol plummet! I'll never forget the nurse calling me with my latest cholesterol levels saying, "Whatever you are doing...KEEP DOING!" To this day, I eat at 6-8 eggs a week, and eat a fair amount of red meat, and my level has remained low. That said, it is NOT an east task to avoid sugar, but I do it because I've seen the results.

So I'm a believer in Beyond Diet. But I think you have to really want to change. It's not a magic pill. It takes work, but her ideas worked and are working with me. My husband has noticed my change in habits and health, and just started implementing the ideas in the past month. He feels great!

All that said, I have to admit it can get a bit gimmicky at times. She has partnered with other nutritionalist and trainers. There's always a link to buy something, but I suppose she has to make a living too. There's no obligation to buy anything once you've signed up, and I have never spent a single penny more than the $49, and I still have access to all of the great info and recipes. Also, the emails I get help me to keep on track. I usually put them in a folder of their own in my email called "nutritional info", then read them when I have time.
  • Rhapsody44
    Rhapsody44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to know more about this diet but have not joined. What about dairy products and bacon? What kind of protein is the best to eat everyday? If you know more about it please share it here.
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If I were going to pay for advice, I'd just skip programs like that altogether and see a nutritionist.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I found this website called "Beyond Diet" and was wondering if anyone has tried it out. It cost around $50 to join and they give you tips on proper diet and lots of recipes to try out. They advocate "clean eating" and explain how fat burning happens in your body and what foods you have to avoid that hinders fat loss. Just wondering if its worth it or not? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

whats wrong with MFP? its free!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you pay for someone that's just going to 'advise' you to eat less when you already know that in order to lose weight