240 days and nada! I need some new friends...

Options
So, I've been on MFP for about 2 years. The past year I have been taking my weight and fitness journey very seriously, and for the past 240 days I've been logging in religiously.

Today, I hit 240 log-in days in a row, and heard crickets. My current MFP friends have to be some of the most unsupportive people ever! I exercise regularly, no one says squat. I post status updates, nothing. I log in every day, and no one cares. It seems as if the only time I get any commentary is when I lose weight, but that's not enough!

I need daily interaction with people who are struggling like me. I need some support on the days I know I don't feel like doing Zumba, but need to. And I want to provide the same in kind.

I am looking for FRIENDS (not dates, LOL), so please send me a request if you feel we can mutually give each other kicks in the pants when necessary, and pats on the back always.

Replies

• closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well congrats on 240!! lol... It gets that way sometimes... But stick with it, they usually come around... I usually delete anyone who I have not heard from in a week or so... Only carry like 15 to 20 ppl at a time, otherwise, posts and updates go missed when 200 ppl are all updating thruout the day..
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I log every day and am encouraging!! I notice my friends dropping off on the encouragement too :(
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help encourage you.... as I also need all the encouragement that I can get! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, I only have 3 lol. We'll add each other. I've always been sort of a loner, have a few friends but no one I HAVE to speak to everyday or second. My best friends are books lol. (Shhh, dont tell the hubby lol)

I started late April 2013, I think. Still wrapping myself around the calorie counting. It cuts out a lot of what i like to eat and now have to fill it with things I dont enjoy eating WITHOUT something I like to eat. Like "Eat your Brussels Sprouts then you can have cake" type of thing.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Definitely time for a cull, it seems. I periodically weed out people who don't contribute as most of my MFP buddies are quite active and very supportive - it really helps to find people like that.

Feel free to add me if you like. I'm on here faaaar too much for my own good, so you're sure to get sick of my comments!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Do you like ice cream?
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help encourage you.... as I also need all the encouragement that I can get! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
    :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That stinks! I am assuming these people might have been on your FL for a long time and in your absences before your 240 day commitment they bailed on you. Sorry you got crickets.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Time to clean up the list and get active supportive friends :) I've got a great group that are always willing to give me the kick in the butt if that's what I need, or give me a great job. It helps more then they know.

You can add me if you like, as I have replaced my food addiction with my MFP addiction, is there a 12 step program for this??
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you wish - I have logged in everyday for 265 days and have some great supportive friends.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can add me if ya like (I kinda sorta sounded like Jenny on Forrest Gump just then...) I'll help encourage you! (Granted, there are some days I am quiet, but...not many)
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You my add me if you like! I love to give and receive feed back, and log quite regularly!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You sound very high maintenance...
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! im on everyday! anyone else is free to add me as well, I love to give and receive feedback as well!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Way to alienate your existing friends... :drinker:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Slacker
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am surprised at the crickets sometime too, I guess I kind of treat my MFP account like FB and expect more dialogue but in any case, I send you a FR, I'm decently active/.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Do you like ice cream?

Aye.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You sound very high maintenance...

This.

I'm not sure if I can live up to your standards.

I'd be too afraid of you blasting me in a public forum.

Good luck though. :flowerforyou:
  • Swanie76
    Swanie76 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow that is a surprise, so let me say to you now " WTG" "Keep up the good work" "That is awesome"
This discussion has been closed.