240 days and nada! I need some new friends...

Options

Replies

• themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ouch!
  • themtron
    Options
  • themtron
    Options
    Way to alienate your existing friends... :drinker:

They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I just hit 275! But people who add me outta the blue end up deleting me. I'll support when I can and anybody higher maintenance than that can find support elsewhere.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    They don't notice anything I do anyway, so I'm alienating them how? You think they're gonna notice this? I don't...

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    wow that is a surprise, so let me say to you now " WTG" "Keep up the good work" "That is awesome"
    Yeesh, your FL might start pruning itself OP.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No worries!!! It's still very early in the morning!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    FR Sent!
  • themtron
    Options

Why do you keep them as friends if they don't fulfill their part of the friendship? Is it really necessary to openly call them out for not supporting you? Your methods don't really inspire me to want to be your friend. I would honestly rather you just cut me if you aren't satisfied with our friendship than to blast me in the forums. But good luck with that.

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Is it really necessary for YOU to call ME out? You could EASILY have ignored my post. If you don't want to be my friend, I'm ok with that.

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.
  • themtron
    Options

Just thought I'd bring to your attention something that my be preventing you from finding supportive friends. It's a two-way street, you know.

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I just started back on mfp AND Zumba :) I really would like a community to talk to, not just crickets or auto-generated posts. I had a group like this when I did couchpotatoto5K and it was so motivating. If someone was having a hard time and I told them to go for it, it motivated me to go for it and vice versa!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

That is not your job...I appreciate what you are trying to do. I should be able to voice how I feel without criticisms or feeling like I said something wrong.

Best of luck! Hope you find some good friends that you can be good to in return.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    So, I've been on MFP for about 2 years. The past year I have been taking my weight and fitness journey very seriously, and for the past 240 days I've been logging in religiously.

Today, I hit 240 log-in days in a row, and heard crickets. My current MFP friends have to be some of the most unsupportive people ever! I exercise regularly, no one says squat. I post status updates, nothing. I log in every day, and no one cares. It seems as if the only time I get any commentary is when I lose weight, but that's not enough!

I need daily interaction with people who are struggling like me. I need some support on the days I know I don't feel like doing Zumba, but need to. And I want to provide the same in kind.

I am looking for FRIENDS (not dates, LOL), so please send me a request if you feel we can mutually give each other kicks in the pants when necessary, and pats on the back always.

I don't think I am an unsupportive person, I just don't comment on everyone's days of logging. To me it's a "who's asking" kind of thing. I will comment on the big milesotne ones, 1 year, 1000 days, etc.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is well over 400+ days straight of logging. She's a machine. You need new friends.
  • themtron
    Options
    Everyone thanks for your responses and your requests! I think I've gotten a good lot of people to help me out and I appreciate it.
  • JennyJo23
    JennyJo23 Posts: 33
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have some that respond but only on certain things I post. And I have others who respond more frequently. I tend to not sign in on weekends but am religious usually Mon-Fri. I am struggling too and am not having any weight loss success. Add me as a friend and we can help each other!!!
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just got back in the saddle and I'm feeling psyched. This is the best time to give and get the best support.

Happy 240th, by the way.
  • reala728
    reala728 Posts: 31
    Options
    i get that motivation is key here, but i dont really think cheap comments are all that inspiring. you should really be doing this for yourself, who cares if random people on the site say anything? they cant truly see the progress you've made.

now, real life friends and family saying something is a totally different story. im in no way trying to sound condescending or anything (hopefully i dont come off that way), i just think its not as big a deal as your making it out to be in the end.
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. It is hard to stay motivated when your friends have lost their motivation. I would love to be friends with you. I have been exercising every day since the beginning of the year, and until this month I have been doing fantastic on my diet. Birthdays, Mother's Day and just plan laziness has gotten me off track on the diet, but I know I need to get back on track.

I have a group here on MFP that you might be interested in. It is a very support group that involves interaction with other group members who are also on a weight loss journey. Please feel free to come check us out.

Truly Committed Boot Camp: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12853-truly-committed-boot-camp

Either way, I just friended you so hopefully we can motivate each other.

Tina
This discussion has been closed.