What do you guys eat when at the movies?

Options

Replies

• funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I stick to diet coke and take my own low calorie snacks from home. ;-)
  • roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    i treat myself to some diet soda (:
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I pop my own popcorn at home as a healthy snack so I don't know why you would avoid it at the cinema lol. Get them to put Jalepenos on it and enjoy!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Even though I get 25% off food, I still don't buy anything. If I realllyyyy fancy a snack, I'll get some wasabi peas and little fruit packs.

NB: If I'm with my girlfriend, we'll sneak in a couple of beers and go for gold on the nachos and popcorn (mix salt and sweet). I don't tend to diet around my girlfriend.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough I usually go to the cinema to watch a movie. I hate having to listen to all the crunching, rustling and slurping of other people stuffing their faces when I'm watching a movie. Why do people need to eat during a 2 hour film? If if they haven't eaten all day and are starving why do they have to be so damned noisy about it and then leave the cinema littered with popcorn and empty packets? :huh: Radical thought ... if I want to go out to eat I'll go to a restaurant.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Small Popcorn, Maltesers and Coke Zero.....the movie theatre is one place I just can't be good at....lol
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I usually sneak some things in because a bottle of water is almost $5! Unbelievable...but, if circumstances are different, I'll buy gummy bears (my favorite), a good source of vitamins (I assume so anyway). :)
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't go often but when I do I enjoy buttered popcorn. I am on a lifestyle journey and believe it is okay to enjoy yourself. My personal journey is about making every single moment in conformity but that the general direction of my life in one that is healthy.
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to take a bag of pistachios in the shells. It is salty and takes longer to eat instead of the shelled ones. Low calorie, high protein and very good for you. We also try to eat a healthy lunch prior to going so we save calories and money!
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Quaker mini-rice cakes and water (smuggled in, of course!)
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I bring my own air-popped popcorn! I can have like 5 cups for only 120 or so cals. So, I get the popcorn experience and don’t feel like a gross pig afterwards : )

But, sometimes I share the movie theater popcorn too, and feel like a gross pig afterwards.
  • BernardPumpkin
    Options
    popcorn wit butter, hotdog, an nestle buncha crunch.... :laugh:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I look at the screen and focus on the film.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Bananas :)
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    nada, i just bring water. mostly bc im too broke to buy stuff! :grumble:
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Why do I need to eat or drink? I just enjoy the movie. :glasses:
  • djvsfood
    djvsfood Posts: 32
    Options
    protein shake
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a bottle of water and a protein bar in my purse for if I get hungry, but if I've worked out that day and can fit in the calories, sometimes I'll get pizza or a hot dog as a special treat. Sometimes I get tea at the theatres that have it.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I sneak in everything. I only buy my ticket.
    A selection of things I have taken in: Fruit, dried fruit or fruit leather, nuts, my own popcorn, pizza, ice cream, water (always), coffee, fruit juice, wine, beer, chips, cookies, banana bread, pretty much anything I can fit in pockets/purses. My mother taught me to be a badass at the cinema. :glasses:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Healthy? Healthy?!

It's ALL about the Milk Duds, baby.