Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nope to nasty for me
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Although occasional use of apple cider vinegar is safe for most people, it won't likely lead to weight loss — and it may pose problems of its own. For example:
    Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. It may irritate your throat if you drink it often or in large amounts.
    Apple cider vinegar may interact with certain supplements or drugs, including diuretics and insulin. This may contribute to low potassium levels.

Remember, there's no magic bullet for weight loss. The key to losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. Choose healthy foods — such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean sources of protein — and include physical activity in your daily routine.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss isn't likely to be effective.
  • 2old2befat
    2old2befat Posts: 21
    Options
    I seriously doubt is its a MAGIC cure for weight loss; however, I do drink a few tablespoons in water each night to help with heart burn/ indigestion. I use the "mother" kind, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It is a lot more smooth in taste and I actually like the taste! I have completely stopped taking over the counter meds for my stomach issues...and its a lot cheaper! I swear by it!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt is its a MAGIC cure for weight loss; however, I do drink a few tablespoons in water each night to help with heart burn/ indigestion. I use the "mother" kind, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It is a lot more smooth in taste and I actually like the taste! I have completely stopped taking over the counter meds for my stomach issues...and its a lot cheaper! I swear by it!

+1 for the effects on heartburn. I too use the kind with "mother" and have had significant improvement in my symptoms.
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use it - it's an old English folk remedy, and as such there is an awful lot of tosh written about it! I started using it when I was attempting to rid my body of a seemingly never-ending bout of Candida.
    It went, whether or not it was that, that did it, I don't know.

There have been a few studies that have proved that it does have a beneficial effect on diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure and heart health, and the aforementioned urinary tract infections, but I'm not sure about the 'sugar crash'. It does contain a lot of trace elements, albeit in small amounts.

It is basically acetic acid, so treat it with caution. I take a 5ml spoonful neat and then immediately wash it through with a large glass of water, that keeps it away from my teeth and my oesophagus.
    I use the organic stuff from the health food store - the one with bits floating in it! and I take it 10 mins or so before I eat, not after.
    It's pretty horrid, but not half as bad as the sauerkraut water that I was originally recommended!

I won't be taking it forever, I'm not sure that would be a great thing.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it for weight loss, specifically, but I do like to add it to my water every so often when I don't feel like drinking plain water.

I add about a tablespoon of ACV to 16 oz (or more) water and then squeeze in a wedge or two of lemon.

I like the taste!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    It seems to do good things to livestock - a lot of horse owners seem to like using it as a suppliment.

I'd just drink the cider myself as opposed to waiting for it to go off.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ACV, I buy it by the gallons, there are so many wonderful uses for it that I wrote a blog about it
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/murphy612/view/why-do-you-smell-like-an-easter-egg-273108

As for weight loss? I dunno about that. I have heard something about it helping with blood sugar spikes, but I can't drink it in the quanity it calls for, ick.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    be close to a bathroom for the first few days of trying it.......just sayin.....
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I drink it twice a day, in a 6 month time frame I was able to lower my cholesterol level by 30 points. Even with the holiday weight gain I usually go through.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    It tastes horrible but it will destroy warts. I had two on my left middle finger cuticle area for over 20 years. They had been frozen, cut, you name it and always came back quickly. ACV took them off and they've stayed off for over a year. It hurts like hell while using it, though.

This! I have had a few warts on my fingers and I use ACV to get rid of them. It hurts when I cut into the root, but it doesnt hurt to apply the ACV. The best is that it doesnt scar like freezing or burning will.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It tastes horrible but it will destroy warts. I had two on my left middle finger cuticle area for over 20 years. They had been frozen, cut, you name it and always came back quickly. ACV took them off and they've stayed off for over a year. It hurts like hell while using it, though.

This! I have had a few warts on my fingers and I use ACV to get rid of them. It hurts when I cut into the root, but it doesnt hurt to apply the ACV. The best is that it doesnt scar like freezing or burning will.

I use it for my athlete's foot too, works really well.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna use it use Bragg ACV. The stuff you get at the supermarket is fake. Just food coloring.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A little ACV in the stock tank seems to help keep down mosquito larvae.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I use it for EVERYTHING! Makes a great once a month hair conditoiner, face toner, drink it, gargle when I'm sick AND cleaning.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great for catching fruit flies!
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My sister in law lost weight with apple cider vinegar but it caused her to bruise really easy.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My sister in law lost weight with apple cider vinegar but it caused her to bruise really easy.

What else did she change about her diet?
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I eat it with pork dumplings and some ginger! Yummy.
    it goes well for meat and carb dishes.