cut back?

Options
2»

Replies

• FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you aren't posting any work out at all. you are just listing body parts.

yes because thats the muscle groups being worked. my point was asking if i should lower some sets or lowers the amount of exercises per muscle group
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think scrap your program and do Stronglifts 5x5, you'll be done in an hour 3 - 4 days a week.

or a push/pull split. too many reps bruh! ...well, depends on your goals though.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use the workouts recommended in my total trainer booklet, they are well balanced. I work in 2 circuits each having 2 sets of each exercise 8 reps each, this takes me over an hour but I do concentrate on doing all the reps properly with the resistance rail set at a challenging level. I have a separate leg day for squats and lunges as I have outgrown the total trainer leg exercises.

If the total gym is the same then RTFM and do one or more of the recommended workouts would be my advice.
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    No leg day?

Do you even have friends?

i have a back/ bicep day

and leg and ab day.

no apparently i dont have any friends. i must be a loser thats it. thanks
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    I think scrap your program and do Stronglifts 5x5, you'll be done in an hour 3 - 4 days a week.

or a push/pull split. too many reps bruh! ...well, depends on your goals though.

someone didnt read its a total gym lol
  • FearlessRobb
    Options
    I use the workouts recommended in my total trainer booklet, they are well balanced. I work in 2 circuits each having 2 sets of each exercise 8 reps each, this takes me over an hour but I do concentrate on doing all the reps properly with the resistance rail set at a challenging level. I have a separate leg day for squats and lunges as I have outgrown the total trainer leg exercises.

If the total gym is the same then RTFM and do one or more of the recommended workouts would be my advice.

i tried them and next day im not sore. just doesnt seem like enought. i love the sore feeling i get the next day and deff makes me feel like its working. lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you aren't posting any work out at all. you are just listing body parts.

yes because thats the muscle groups being worked. my point was asking if i should lower some sets or lowers the amount of exercises per muscle group

sets of what? what exercises?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    20 reps on 1 set is too many. on anything.
  • FearlessRobb
    Options

guess i should just tone it down some
  • katy_trail
    Options

guess i should just tone it down some

this explains rep ranges for optimal growth
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/reps-per-set-for-optimal-growth.html
  • katy_trail
    Options

i tried them and next day im not sore. just doesnt seem like enought. i love the sore feeling i get the next day and deff makes me feel like its working. lol

this doesn't matter. doms doesn't mean you had a great workout, or didn't. If i try to train until I get doms in my quads I'll train myself into the ground and injure myself.and I have.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/bodypart-frequency-and-soreness-qa.html