Losing weight for health or vanity?

Options

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Both. I'm hoping that I won't still see myself as fat like I did years ago when I lost weight :frown:
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What's causing me to "lose" weight? When I did it solely for vanity, the weight crept back. However, improving my health is what motivates me to never want to find the weight I lose. Is looking better part of the goal? Of course! But, I'm at a place where I'm doing it for myself. I have to do it for myself or I'll become miserable whenever I don't get attention from others. I view any attention from others as just a bonus. I actually take more pride in how people admire my character.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My cousins fiance was 27 and died of a heart attack out of the blue...I knew then I had to sort my life out.

90% health 10% vanity
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    to be more attractive, not to myself but to find someone to be happy with..

i would still say thats healthy, being alone is not healthy,

by the way i actually dont care how i look but currently it doesnt seem to be working for me.
  • MrDonivan
    MrDonivan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    pure vanity
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Vanity. :laugh:

Abs. :heart:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    For me right now probably 90% for looks and 10% for health.

I also dont wanna feel like struggling while doing simple tasks e.g. taking the stairs
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    Vanity all the way, but can't help but notice improvement in my health too - and that feels good!
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Definitely for health. Vanity is a very distant second but a good Side effect.
    I am 58 lbs. lost and 49 to go and the depressing reality for me is not a single person has noticed or co.mmented as of yet, even after an 8 inch reduction in my waist. Actually though I told my wife no one would notice until I had lost 70 lbs and unfortunately I was right.

58lbs -- that is awesome. You keep going! You and your wife have noticed and that is the important thing. Congratulations!
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Health to old to care about vanity.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Health, vanity, and so I can kick people's ***es.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Both ;)
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Mostly to be healthy...........got a lot of health issues going on! I am a paranoid wreck! :o((
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    many people do it for looks not health but in health you will look and feel better obviously. You have to do what works for you. there is nothing wrong with being a tad vain but put things in perspective good luck and feel free to add me if you wish for support
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Both... my health reassures my Vanity!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Mental health and vanity.
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Honestly both reasons. I'm trying to eat better. I definitly dont eat all the crap like I used to. I do add more salads and vegetables to my meals. I exercise at least 5 days a week and I enjoy it very much. I am starting to like the woman I see when I look in the mirror
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Both.. My health hasn't been too great recently and I'm picking up on it. I'm also doing it for vanity because when I lost 20 pounds I felt damn good.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    After a heart scare,it finally dawned on me....this "foodie" who loves to plan meals,bake for the Grkids,save every good lookin recipe,collect recipe books etc,needed to pretty much give it up.At my age,it 's either now or never.

Dr never mentioned food/diet.I later asked him about that.His reply was "he believes adults know when they are over weight & nothing he says matters". In other words I will either take control of my health,or I won't.

SO...I choose to cut back,mostly in the big 3 of meat,cheese & eggs to hopefully lower cholesterol & lose 60 pds,starting with the
    1st 20 pds.

Health comes 1st,but hey,wearing smaller size clothes will be fun too.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Health was my very first concern. I turned 27 and realized my dad was my age when his mother died of a heart attack related to diabetes, and I knew I was on the same path. I also knew I had a choice in the matter.

But I reached healthy a long time ago. Now, it's all about looking good. You know those days when you wake up and you're inexplicably hotter than yesterday? I have a lot more of those days now.

jFi4HM3.gif