• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    yes and i gave up on beef and replaced it with ground turkey

you must hate your tastebuds
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty darn good burger with 93/7 - just add a little worcestershire sauce and dijon mustard and cook it medium rare.
    Delish.
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I stick pretty much to 85% from our local butcher. It's locally raised as opposed to the 93% stuff at the grocery store. Reading that package informs me that it's from beef raised in Canada, US, and Mexico and contains beef and natural beef flavorings. Also there's more runoff left in the pan after I cook the 93% lean beef. That must be the "natural beef flavorings". Why does my ground beef need "natural beef flavorings" to taste like beef?

No thanks.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I googled this once and don't remember the exact link but if you drain, wash, and dry the 85/15 after browning it comes out to being just like the more expensive stuff.
    I agree, you can buy the meat with the most fat, brown it, drain it and rinse it with HOT water and you are left with lean meat. Don't waste money on the expensive stuff - this is just as good
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I googled this once and don't remember the exact link but if you drain, wash, and dry the 85/15 after browning it comes out to being just like the more expensive stuff.
    I agree, you can buy the meat with the most fat, brown it, drain it and rinse it with HOT water and you are left with lean meat. Don't waste money on the expensive stuff - this is just as good

Yup! I totally agree with this one!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    How are you cooking it?

if you're adding oil was their any point going for the leaner cut?

I use the fatter cut and let the fat drain out after cooking
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fatty for the grill and lean for the stove top.