Nipples and the GYM

Options
mego07
mego07 Posts: 234 Member
So it isn't quite what you think... or is it?

I am having this issue with nipples and the gym. The only thing is, I am having an issue with my own nipples. I wear a good sports bra, and my tanks typically have one of those built in sports bras as well. Regardless of wearing both, my nipples show like nobody's business. It typically doesn't happen until right after I get done doing any cardio. Does anyone else have this problem; especially the ladies? Do you just accept it, no big deal? I some times feel a little self conscious about it. I know everyone there is doing their own deal, but my gosh they are out there and very noticeable. Is there anything anyone recommends?

Replies

• what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am wearing sport top with bra attached,I dont have any problem with that..
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Happens to me a lot. This is one of the reasons I go to a women's-only gym lol. I'm pretty sure people notice- but I'm like hey, maybe there's parts of them they don't want standing out that does, and then I feel better and run again.
  • mego07
    Options
    I am a little chesty and that could be another possible reason. It is frustrating at times, especially when you are the only female in the gym. I go late nights and rarely are there other females around.

I may just need to accept it.
  • mego07
    Options
    @ shaw, lol thanks! That does help. I am sure everyone is a little self conscious about something of course. Just is something so silly and awkward especially when you have to ask someone to help you with something like adjusting a machine that is stuck or too heavy.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Oh that sucks, I feel your pain- I'm like that, too. I used to work out at a regular gym, and I just felt awkward having my butt and chest all over the place- especially when I run. Maybe try padded bras? Yeah, I know they're not gym wear- but it may solve your problem. And, if you do catch people ACTUALLY staring- stare back. Works like a charm lol.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've never had this problem, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing....
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    ah who cares. lol i can see the dudes nipples at the gym.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I don't think people would notice - they should be engrossed in their workouts. Maybe try putting bandaids over your nipples? I don't know. I don't have the problem, well I've never noticed. I always wear baggy tops anyway.
  • mego07
    Options
    thanks everyone for your feed back!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed that happening to me. But I don't think anyone is looking at other people anyway - if they're on a machine they're focusing on only one thing - the machine. Don't worry about it, or wear a baggier top I guess.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Since it's the gym, it doesn't seem like anything to worry about. Most of us don't look put together. My issue is that I sweat a disgusting amount, but I just keep focused on my workout and forget about it. It also helps that I don't use the gym to socialize, so I don't care if people are grossed out since I don't know them and don't plan on meeting them.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Struggling to see why this is a problem. It's not a surprise to anyone that you have nipples after all. Nor that they stick out at times.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't care. If people don't want to see my nipples, perhaps they shouldn't stare at my chest.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    nipples are sexy, flaunt them! lol.
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    if it bothers you that much you could try sports tape that cricketers use that stays on even when sweating stays stuck on
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I've had this problem - don't worry I don't think anyone really notices/cares. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and his response was "Oh yeah! Never noticed!" Didn't know whether to be glad or slightly offended that he's stopped looking :laugh:
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Totally have same issue.. :( but I'd rather have this problem, than the kind where the nips are inverted or nonexistent. No offense to non nippers lol I just double up if the tank has built in top I still wear a sports bra.. I just feel more comfortable rather than standing at attention so to speak..lol just layer it up amiga..
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't have a solution, other than that most people are likely to be engrossed in their own workouts, or too busy worrying about being self concious to pay too much attention.

The most likely reason it happens, is that you get hot during exercise, so blood is moved toward the surface of the skin, to regulate your bodies temperature. This occurs through veins dilating, and sticking out more, and flushing of the skin, which is why people get red cheeks, the nipples are not exempt from this effect.

Also (I can see this topic going downhill from here) exercise causes arousal (not sexual) of the body, and erect nipples is one typical response to this.
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I constantly have this problem because mine are pierced so my tatas always are 'standing to attention' and they're a bit of a different shape to look at because of the bars. Who cares? Go do your thing :)
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Its totally normal!!! My nipples always decide to perk up and wave to everyone the whole time im at the gym :laugh: and not that im looking but so do the nipples on many other females. Its very noticeable idc who says its not. Its the exertion and sweat. Be proud and flaunt it missy! I could honestly say im sure NO ONE minds it one bit. If it bothers you that bad then wear a baggy shirt or double up on the padding.