Could this be why i am not loosing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jullessi
    Jullessi Posts: 38
    Options

Wow great video!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You can't have too much protein, but if you are going over your carbs and sugars it can definitely stunt your progress. Sugar and carbohydrates release insulin, which stores fat. I would increase my protein levels and lower the other two to stay in the same caloric range.
    Good luck!

I know that McDonalds sweet tea has like two cups of sugar per gallon, so at that pace, it would be very hard to get nutrionally what you need from other calories. On a 1200 calorie diet, I did not have ANY sugar calories left to play with and had to cut it completely from everything, even drinks, to make it.

Secondly, if you are not eating back those exercise calories, you are setting yourself up for failure at 1200 calories. Your body needs that extra energy to work out with intensity.

Third, you don't need to be set at 1200 calories unless you are on the small side to begin with. If you drop too low, your body is not working efficiently at fat loss.
  • Nataliieexo
    Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys, sorry i couldn't get back sooner, to the person that said i might not be logging everything im logging everything as honestly as i can except i occasionally have a mouthful of milk here and there through out the day. But other than that im logging everything including exercise, and im at my wits end trying with diets the first week i seem to have got on great and i haven't changed anything except added breakfast which i quite enjoy now, i never used to.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I couldnt be more confused by all this dieting stuff, im eating 1200 calories a day, im going to the gym at least 4 times a week, yesterday for the first time i managed to burn 450 calories. i didnt eat them calories back simply because i wasnt hungry. I've been doing this for weeks the first week was fine the other 3 arent going as well. My tracker only says 10lbs because i joined ages ago but have only just re-started dieting 4 weeks ago.

This may be why you aren't losing. 1200 cals may not be enough for you. And not eating the cals back creates too large of a calorie deficit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose 1 pound a week. Does that give you more than 1200 calories to eat?

MFP does not include exercise in its calculations, just enough food for you to run your organs and regular life activity, so that you would lose weight without doing any exercising. That is why you have to eat back those exercise calories, you need them to fuel your workout. If you don't, you create too much stress on your body, stress releases cortisol, cortisol prevents weight loss as a survival mechanism. Your body says I need to preserve this fat because I'm not getting enough food for the demands on my body.