Fitbit activity = fewer calories burned

Options
2»

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    OMG people on this site are so rude! This poor OP came on here with an honest question about something important to him and all anyone does is attack him and mock him! Where's the support?! Isn't that what this whole website is all about?!

^this...

...is why I almost never ever post in the forums.

Like, almost never. Ever.

tumblr_mcgzabrjWb1r7kaf3o1_400_zpsf7d61b9b.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is increase your metabolism by drinking a green shake every day.
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit flex and I don't understand the whole calorie burn synch and adding your start end time in log activity. When I did this it lowered my calorie burn to a negative. Also I did Insanity and it only registered 20 steps?
  • keithf1138
    keithf1138 Posts: 63
    Options
    Are you saying that if you play frisbee for 30 minutes the FitBit will say you burned say 200 calories. Then when you record the activity through the FitBit website it says you only burned 180 calories for the 30 minutes. Have you checked any other sites for calories burned playing frisbee?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that if you play frisbee for 30 minutes the FitBit will say you burned say 200 calories. Then when you record the activity through the FitBit website it says you only burned 180 calories for the 30 minutes. Have you checked any other sites for calories burned playing frisbee?

Yes...I think. Using your example, the unmodified activity would register as 200 calories, but when an activity record is entered for "frisbee", it is only 180 calories.

It's really no big deal, and the obvious solution is not to enter these activities that reduce it. I just found it interesting.