Nipples and the GYM

Options

Replies

• beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pull the padding from the cups out of an old bra and shove them over your nipples in your sports bra. Job done :)

This...or go to the baby section of your store. They sell breast pads for breastfeeding moms to protect their clothes from "leaks" during nursing. They are disposable and will also absorb additional sweat to prevent chaffing.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    We should be friends even though you point at me all the time!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    We should be friends even though you point at me all the time!

How YOU doin'?? :bigsmile:
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My nipples are perpetually hard and stand out when I wear t-shirts. I have no problem with it…I wouldn’t sweat it.

Although, now that I just wrote that the thought of sweat covered erect nipples on a female is kinda hot! Carry on….
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem... I had to start wearing longer shorts because my penis was hanging out.. Should see the looks you get with that... LMAO.. jk
  • K3Daw
    K3Daw Posts: 9
    Options
    Nipples are a force of nature we cannot control. Shrug it off. So much more to worry about than things you can't tame.
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem... I had to start wearing longer shorts because my penis was hanging out.. Should see the looks you get with that... LMAO.. jk

HA HA Now that is funny..thank you for the laugh
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority. I just never think of my nipples when I'm in the gym. They're on perm-beam and have been for 20 something years. I guess I just got tired of thinking about it.

Hey, does anyone remember when they used to make inserts to create headlights for women who don't have pointy nipples? I had a friend buy them to go out one night in the early 2000s. It's amazing what we worry about. If you have them, you don't want them. If you don't have them, you buy inserts to get them.

Womens be weird.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 super strength sports bras AND a tank with a built in bra when I work out...there is NO HIDING my Double D's!!!! :blushing:

And my feeling is if you don't like it, don't look!

:love: :flowerforyou:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

oh hey!! :wink:

where do YOU work out? :wink:
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options

oh hey!! :wink:

where do YOU work out? :wink:

LMAO....but for real...where?
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Your core temperature drops when you finish cardio, that's why the nipples come out.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I find that trying to hide it only makes it worse. When it happens to me, I draw attention to it so that everyone knows, can get past it, and get on with their day.

It's not uncommon for me to randomly scream out, "Hey everyone, come look at how hard my nipples are!" It immediately deflates all the tension in the room.
  • ekmanning50
    ekmanning50 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem, no matter how thick the padding in the bra. I did find a solution, though; it is a product called "Nippies." I ordered online. They cost about $25.00, there are different ones that are cheaper. Best $25.00 I ever spent! They are made of silicone and slip inside of any bra. Mine aren't adhesive but stick to the skin and the bra holds them in place. You rinse them off and put in the container when you are not wearing them. This has been a godsend for me and has eliminated the embarrassment for me. I now feel more confident when I am at the gym and don't look like my headlights are on full beam!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Mine never show...even when they get hard, my bra is lined enough that you cant tell.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    At least you got both nipples showing up to the party....I'm only perma-nippin on one damn side. :frown:
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i've heard of girls wearing double sportsbras.. like a racerback type and then the old type..and then ur tank.. if you layer up you are better off.. or also if you get removable padding from another top (or swimsuit) and place it in there that should help. best of luck but id say if you dont want to go through all the hassle then just let it happen. you are a woman. anyone that would ever think of commenting or seriously oggling is just immature. they should be focused on their workouts.. just like you.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. The "headlights" are always on when I'm at the gym. I just bought a padded sports bra to see if that helps the situation but I haven't tried it yet. I usually just try not to care however.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have this problem too! I found some sports bras at Target that are lightly padded and hide the "headlamps." I love them and plan on buying several more in the near future. Plus they are a nude color........which is great because I have a lot of light colored workout tops and the standard white ones just weren't working for me.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It can be quite distracting to be obviously oogled during a workout. I also happen to be one of those women who does not want to be approached or flirted with, and some men would see that sort of thing as an opportunity (mind you not very decent men, but let's be honest not everyone is decent).

I can't speak for other guys but I have never approached a woman at the gym because her nipples are protruding through her shirt. I've approached and admired a girl because I find her body and face attractive.